Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,071 members, 7,811,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Dstv's Disney Jnr Channel To Start Showing A Vampire Program For Infants. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dstv's Disney Jnr Channel To Start Showing A Vampire Program For Infants. (974 Views)

Please Share Your Experiences Of Taking Your Infants To School. / 70th Birthday Program For Mum / 11 Illustrations Showing That Moms Definitely Use Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv's Disney Jnr Channel To Start Showing A Vampire Program For Infants. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hello Guys,

My son who is 1 year 6 months loves watching his cartoons on Dstv Jnr -Channel 309. Recently, about a week ago my wife called my attention to a new program they intend to start showing, its called VAMPARINA and its lead character is a Vampire baby with a vampire's characteristic fangs for teeth. Secondly, even though it was disguised to be a cartoon for kids, its glaring that there were subliminal messages hidden everywhere. They even went ahead to show a scene where the vampire's baby bed was an open coffin.

Mehn...this is just so wrong on all levels. I guess I may need to child lock that station soon if they continue to air such offensive programme for kids.

Pls, let's come together to call DSTV to order on this one and let's not forget to always observe what our children are viewing. You can watch channel 309 to see it for yourself. You can't miss it if you tune in for just 30 mins.
Re: Dstv's Disney Jnr Channel To Start Showing A Vampire Program For Infants. by Temidayo9(m): 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
Make use of your remote control and stop being childish here.
How many cartoons being shown portray our culture to this little kids?
If the said vampire is not good for your kids, change to another channel.

2 Likes

Re: Dstv's Disney Jnr Channel To Start Showing A Vampire Program For Infants. by harryfeese: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
It's crazy and worrisome at the same time. It's even more annoying that we pay for these services we practically have little control over. I'm sure a lot of families won't notice it and even if they do it would be ignored. It's sort of like mind control at an early age. You can see how Harry Potter was received worldwide and it glaringly shows how cool magic is according to them.
Re: Dstv's Disney Jnr Channel To Start Showing A Vampire Program For Infants. by gmajor10(m): 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
Cartoon Network is not designed for Nigerians, they only show what the foreign counterparts enjoy. They celebrate Halloween, but we don't because anything na witchcraft for this side. Only solution is for us to produce child friendly cartoons. Even the almighty Voltron most of us growing up didn't realise there was subliminal GAY messages imbedded.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Sold! LG Double Door Fridge/freezer And 1HP Split Air-conditioning Set For Sale / Davido, Hushpuppi And Rmd Reveals Perfect Sandals Gift For Ur Spouse / Best Gifts To Give Your Mum For Mothers' Day Or Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.