Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,762 members, 7,955,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

The House Edge - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The House Edge (432 Views)

URGENT! Literature Fellows In The House / The House Girl And The Teacher -a Short Story / "EDGE" - A Short Story By Korayday Azeez :: Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The House Edge by liohan: 1:06am On Oct 25, 2017
Notice
This work is purely fiction. Any similarity is coincidental. Make DSS no come go find me... grin grin grin

Copyright Honest Abisi Liohan 2017. Abeg no use any part of this book. ejoor, bikonu, lahoo.

Ok lets goooooo...

Re: The House Edge by liohan: 5:41am On Oct 25, 2017
**** 1 ****

Tega stares at the taxi driver as the driver dips his hand inside the pigeon hole to give Tega his change.
"How far?" Tega said "You go still wait make I collect something inside then we go return"
"Bros, no wahala. we dey" the Taxi driver replied with a smile
This is not the first time he is riding Tega. He always do it whenever Tega is doing routine maintenance on his vehicles, which is always within a two-month period. He wonders why Oga Tega "repair" his car so often, even he that is a commercial driver do not fix vehicles that often.
While it is good to worry about Oga Tega, he thought. Oga Tega does not worry about it. Why should he? Oga Tega pays generously well - sometimes the price of a week for a day.

For the past 15 minutes Tega phone has rung desperately. He avoided the calls not because he doesn't want to talk but he felt it's confidential. He would not want to answer chief Okolo's call in front of that taxi driver. It was one of the reason he stopped at his house - a comfortable duplex in the heart of Ekpan, a suburb of Warri. He redialed Chief's number.
"Hello Ose. Migwo"
"Tega. You have not been picking your calls. Hope everything is okay?"
"It is sir. I was in a crowded place. That's why"
"Ok. There is one urgent thing I need from you."
There was a pause at the other end. With a little hesitation the voice came up again.
"I wanted you to come but it seems you're busy. Anyway, there's a disk with you that belongs to me. I need it!"
"Disk? I don't understaaa...and" Tega stammered.
"I will see you when you have the disk" the clicking sound signaled the end of the call.
Tega slammed his hand onto the house's front pillars.
He returned to the taxi so he could tell Chief he has no disk with him. He had forgot the reason he came home. This call is important than what he is looking for. Someone must be mistaken.
He was about five minutes away from home when he heard an explosion.
"What's that" he asked the taxi driver.
"Bros, I no know. Make we go observe am?"
This driver doesn't know that time is money. He would like the driver to know that. When the taxi driver asked a second time, instead of telling the driver what he thought he obliged.
Five hundred metres from his house, Tega saw his 52 million naira duplex in flames.
His troubles just started!

(1) (Reply)

Short Story;- The Silent Journey. / 3 Ways To Go. / A Wolf In An Angelic Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.