Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum (29610 Views)

Orezi Speaks On Losing His N300M House To Fire( Video) / Davido & Daughter Visit Paul Okoye In His House To Celebrate Christmas (Pics, Vi / A Visit To Kalakuta Republic Museum: Fela & His 27 Wives, Grave, Pants & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by choku123: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2017
The Federal Government has revealed plans to turn the ancestral home of afrobeat legend and activist Fela Anikulapo-Kuti into a museum.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said this while visiting the musician’s ancestral home in Ogun State, along with Governor Ibikunle Amosun, Punch reports.

Mohammed said Fela will be immortalised by turning the house located on NEPA Road, Isabo, Abeokuta, into a museum.

The museum will be inaugurated “very soon, probably next year,” he said, describing the plan as laudable and admirable. He said:

It is laudable in the sense that this is one of the most positive steps to actually put our rhetorics into action.

We have always said that one of the important assets we have is our cultural heritage, our history and this project, which is going to immortalise the Ransome-Kuti family, is laudable and admirable.

The family, as you know, represent different things to different people, whether you talk about education, emancipation, music or entertainment.

Therefore, this attempt by the government at immortalising the family by preserving and restoring the ancestral home is very commendable.

This is the period we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the death of the maestro himself and I am sure this is within time, as the museum will be inaugurated very soon, probably next year.

The emphasis of this government, whether state or federal, is that the creative industry must be turned into creative economy and this centre is going to be a good model to encourage and inspire the youth.

Amosun described Fela as someone who was ahead of his time.

The Kuti family conquered the world, he said, not just Ogun State or Nigeria. He said:

All our icons have a special place in our administration. These are the people who define us, when we go out there and say we are from Ogun State. We can’t call ourselves who we say we are without those giants who lived before us. They laid the foundation that we are all building upon.

And, clearly, the Kuti family is one of those illustrious families that conquered the world, not only Ogun Sate or Abeokuta or Nigeria . Indeed, at times when I  am away in the US and I take a cab, the music I hear is that of great Fela himself.

Fela was far ahead of his time. For us, it will be in our interest to let people know his origin, his root.

http://edition.soundoro.com/fg-turn-felas-house-museum/

3 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by DOUBLEWAHALA: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2017
if you said Lagos state gov. I could've concur
please fg should stop doing anything that does not generate income

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Samsimple(m): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2017
One of fela igboo will be put in a see through glass compartment for display... The museum guide will be like "this is the igboo fela smoked before he died"

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by BreezyCB(m): 11:19am On Oct 26, 2017
Ok
Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by princechiemekam(m): 11:19am On Oct 26, 2017
Kk
Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Hardewarlee(m): 11:19am On Oct 26, 2017
Keep doing stuffs that won't generate anything .

Though I won't say it bad

2019 is around the corner and I can't wait to use my Usable PVC

9 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by KinzyeWriter(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2017
Dear Lord... Intervene in this country mata oo, Abi which kain of misplaced priority is this one?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Paperwhite(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2017
Mumu comical government grin grin grin cheesy.Fela that took Buhari back them to the cleaners for whom he is with his hit song-"Basket Mouth/Unknown Soldier" Meanwhile why no official reaction from this pathological liar since all the scandals trailing this corrupt government have been unfolding? Abi the liar have resigned as Minister of Lies/Propaganda or he have none of them to tell?
Singing: [/b]"Nah crase world be that o,nah crase world,
No be outside world Buhari dey,Nah crase man be that, nah crase world,Animal in crase man skin
........"[b]

5 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by hucienda: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2017
Ok.

Trying to cash-in on his on-point messages and larger-than-life personality.

1 Like

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by charles6618(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2017
The Real Legend

2 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Felixalex(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2017
Is it not if his sons agree? Or Na by force..??

1 Like

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Bayajidda1: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2017
Fela got angry with the rate at which corruption is ravaging the country, and questioned the PDP, as regards the phenomenon.

PDP responded thus;

5 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Dutchey(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2017
museum or shrine
Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Isaacvin(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2017
FG no even know d next tin to do again

9 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by nnamdi7160: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2017
Continue undecided
Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Spylord48: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2017
Every time:
We will turn
We will do
we will construct
we will rehabilitate

Abeg we need actions and not only words.

16 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by SWORD419(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2017
grin ;Dokayy oooo ;Dokayy ooooby

3 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by veraponpo(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2017
choku123:
The Federal Government has revealed plans to turn the ancestral home of afrobeat legend and activist Fela Anikulapo-Kuti into a museum.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said this while visiting the musician’s ancestral home in Ogun State, along with Governor Ibikunle Amosun, Punch reports.

Mohammed said Fela will be immortalised by turning the house located on NEPA Road, Isabo, Abeokuta, into a museum.

The museum will be inaugurated “very soon, probably next year,” he said, describing the plan as laudable and admirable. He said:

It is laudable in the sense that this is one of the most positive steps to actually put our rhetorics into action.

We have always said that one of the important assets we have is our cultural heritage, our history and this project, which is going to immortalise the Ransome-Kuti family, is laudable and admirable.

The family, as you know, represent different things to different people, whether you talk about education, emancipation, music or entertainment.

Therefore, this attempt by the government at immortalising the family by preserving and restoring the ancestral home is very commendable.

This is the period we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the death of the maestro himself and I am sure this is within time, as the museum will be inaugurated very soon, probably next year.

The emphasis of this government, whether state or federal, is that the creative industry must be turned into creative economy and this centre is going to be a good model to encourage and inspire the youth.

The Kuti family conquered the world, he said, not just Ogun State or Nigeria. He said:

All our icons have a special place in our administration. These are the people who define us, when we go out there and say we are from Ogun State. We can’t call ourselves who we say we are without those giants who lived before us. They laid the foundation that we are all building upon.

And, clearly, the Kuti family is one of those illustrious families that conquered the world, not only Ogun Sate or Abeokuta or Nigeria . Indeed, at times when I  am away in the US and I take a cab, the music I hear is that of great Fela himself.

Fela was far ahead of his time. For us, it will be in our interest to let people know his origin, his root.

Good move.

More of such. We should do same thing for Wole Soyinka, et al

1 Like

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Naziridamos: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2017
grin
Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by donklef(m): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2017
Nice one Fela pikin
Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by united4men: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2017
free jumbo weed for all the tourist i guess grin

salute Abamieda, 2 hands up like say u get yawa with olopa

1 Like

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Oladelson(m): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2017
isokay
Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2017
cheesy hope we will still be allowed to smoke our herbs there while we sit and tourists check us out....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Delegate(m): 11:23am On Oct 26, 2017
waiting....
Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by DonVikings: 11:23am On Oct 26, 2017
Will weed be legitimised there? embarassed
Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by BigBelleControl(m): 11:24am On Oct 26, 2017
This Lai will just be making random statement. I'm sure nothing would have changed on in that house even in the next one year. He only made the statement cos he was invited. Not a policy statement.

Even Fela will not allow this govt do anything in his name.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by 8stargeneral: 11:25am On Oct 26, 2017
But FG and fela was not in good term before he died...medicine after death

1 Like

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by AburoBuhari: 11:26am On Oct 26, 2017
long overdue

believe Lai at your own peril-Buhari

quote me that next year if it has been achieved

*AburoBuhari*

2 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by OtemSapien: 11:26am On Oct 26, 2017
Prophet Fela grin

3 Likes

Re: FG To Turn Fela’s House To Museum by Leez(m): 11:26am On Oct 26, 2017
choku123:

kai it is finished
APC nawa o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inside Dirty Water! DJ Cuppy Set To Release New Music Video in Dubia. / D'banj Celebrates His 41st Birthday Today / Grace Ama Celebrates Her Son's 6th Birthday, How She Met Her Baby Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.