Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics (4501 Views)

Which University/course Can Accept E8 In Mathematics / I Need Help On This JSS3 Mathematics Assignment - (little Bro Wanna Disgrace Me) / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics by winsomelady(f): 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
@ LordeCalifornia (and to others that may get confused by my sloppy explanation) I am sorry. I should have been more explicit

-----
4 5
----
3 0
The best strategy is to convert the fraction to decimal. So we all know how I arrived at 0.75. The zero (0) is really part of the answer, so we are done with that. So we will mentally put it aside (it is part of the final answer). We will only multiply the figures to the right of radix (.) You may decide to ignore the radix (.), mentally that is. The trick is ALWAYS IGNORE the leftmost figure, so now multiply .75 * 6. This gives (4) 5
What do we do next? Mentally keep away the 4 (it is part of the answer). We are left with (.)5
What next? Multiply the 5 with 6. That gives us (3) 0. Now we know we are in the terminal point because even if we multiply 0 by 6 it will still give 0, so we know we are done.

Please go through the steps with the new explanation and you will understand.

I sincerely hope I am more explicit, and sorry for not making myself clear.

Cheers and God bless
Re: Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics by LordeCalifornia: 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
winsomelady:
@ LordeCalifornia (and to others that may get confused by my sloppy explanation) I am sorry. I should have been more explicit

The best strategy is to convert the fraction to decimal. So we all know how I arrived at 0.75. The zero (0) is really part of the answer, so we are done with that. So we will mentally put it aside (it is part of the final answer). We will only multiply the figures to the right of radix (.) You may decide to ignore the radix (.), mentally that is. The trick is ALWAYS IGNORE the leftmost figure, so now multiply .75 * 6. This gives (4) 5
What do we do next? Mentally keep away the 4 (it is part of the answer). We are left with (.)5
What next? Multiply the 5 with 6. That gives us (3) 0. Now we know we are in the terminal point because even if we multiply 0 by 6 it will still give 0, so we know we are done.

Please go through the steps with the new explanation and you will understand.

I sincerely hope I am more explicit, and sorry for not making myself clear.

Cheers and God bless
this is very explicit.
thanks a million! smiley
Re: Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics by winsomelady(f): 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2018
Welcome back. And how was the new year holiday? We are now back and let's get going. Remember what I wrote the other day when I said: 4 = 1002. It simply means 4 in base 10 is equal to 1002 in base 2. We have been 'wired' to think in base 10. Other bases exist naturally. We have 7-day week which is in base 7.

BRB

1 Like

Re: Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
I suggest you write the workings on paper and upload, typing is kind of confusing. thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics by winsomelady(f): 12:30am On Jan 10, 2018
adenolaabel:
I suggest you write the workings on paper and upload, typing is kind of confusing. thanks in advance.
OK. Will see to that
Re: Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 10, 2018
winsomelady:
OK. Will see to that
yes maam.
Re: Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
winsomelady:

This is criminally easy

3/4 = X6
By way of explanation, first let's consider a random number 6842(say). To convert to base x, we simply do this:
6 * x4 + 8 * x3 + 4 * x2 + 2 * x1.

Similarly, to convert 0.6842 to base x, we multiply repeatedly by the base until it equals to 0
The first thing we should do is to convert the fraction to its decimal equivalent. Thus, 3/4 = 0.75. As I indicated above, continue multiplying the fractions to the right of decimal point until multiplication is no more possible.

-----
4 5
----
3 0

Iterating from top to buttom (the bolded), we have 0.43
You can see it is dead easy

Re: Winsomelady Demystifies Mathematics by naturalwaves: 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
winsomelady:
Welcome back. And how was the new year holiday? We are now back and let's get going. Remember what I wrote the other day when I said: 4 = 1002. It simply means 4 in base 10 is equal to 1002 in base 2. We have been 'wired' to think in base 10. Other bases exist naturally. We have 7-day week which is in base 7.

BRB
Hello dear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Child Invents ATM Machine That Dispense Cash For Personal Use And A / The Moment NTA Reporters Mistakenly Asked Paul Enenche This... / Ambrose Alli University (post Ume Merit Result Out)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.