Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) (47890 Views)

Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation / Siamese Twins Joined At The Head Separated After 18-Hour Surgery In Vatican / Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
From here;

https://www.nairaland.com/3904996/2-year-old-indian-conjoined-twin-boys

Toddler twins joined at the head have been successfully separated today following an 11-hour operation by a team of 30 doctors, 20 nurses and many other paramedical staff.

Medics from around the world came together in New Delhi, India, for the risky surgery on Jaga and Kalia, who amazed the health profession by surviving to the age of two-and-a-half.

The twins were born in a village in the eastern state of Odisha with shared blood vessels and some shared brain tissue.

They had undergone the first phase of the separation surgery in August.

"The most challenging job after the separation was to provide a skin cover on both sides of the brain for the children as the surgery had left large holes on their heads," said Maneesh Singhal, a plastic surgeon who was a part of the operating team.

"The skin was generated from the expansion of two balloons which were placed inside their heads during the first surgery in August,"

The huge operation, their second had to be brought forward after Jaga's health deteriorated in recent months.

The boys who were originally named Honey and Singh have survived against the odds as twins fused at the cranium have an 80 per cent risk of dying by the age of two if they are not separated.

Odisha health minister Pratap Jena said: 'Their health is stable, but they will be kept under observation for 72 hours.

Plastic surgeons are on their job after they were separated surgically.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5020521/Toddlers-joined-skull-separated-surgery.html

20 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Perge(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
Wow!

This is so heartwarming, I pray for their quick recoveries.
Despite their penchant for open defecation and the scorching poverty in India, they still excel in the field of medicines.

247 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Harbeyg09(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
Alihamdulilahi for successful operation

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nawao

1 Like

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by LadySarah: 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2017
God! how they survived in the belly is a mystery to ne

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by phintohlar(f): 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hian, orisi risi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by madridguy(m): 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
Speedy recovery.

9 Likes

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Oledia(m): 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
Oh merciful heaven! God is great.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
enoqueen

2 Likes

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by MyPicsSaysItall: 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
Thank God for these kids undergoing a successful surgery

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by McGg: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
cool grin

wow science making life easy since wey nyash begin dey back

let me hear someone say godgrin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
Allahu Akbar

There is nothing impossible for God.

35 Likes

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
Allahu Akbar

There is nothing impossible for God.

20 Likes

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by kalvoken(m): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
shockedshocked may the good God give them good health. Can't imagine how the parents would feel while watching them play ball with themselves. The joy is unspeakable. cry cry

PA explorers, was Ben Carson among the 30 doctors that carried out the operation

6 Likes

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by sorextee(m): 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Wait first how did dey come out in d first place?
God is wonderful..
Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by kalvoken(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
LadySarah:
God!
how they survived in the belly is a mystery to ne

And the mother, during delivery. Hell she must have seen

God bless the women of the word.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by LadySarah: 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2017
kalvoken:

And the mother, during delivery. Hell she must have seen
God bless the women of the word.
must be thru cs.
Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by sisisioge: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
Oh dearest Lord! Thank God...but how will it look afterwards? Oh little darlings. It is well.
Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
Holy moses
Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
TheArchangel:
God, why create them like that only to be separated by humans? Just saying....

Another case in point.....
most of this things are defections cost by the same parents things dey take in during pregnancy.. Reason y atenantal is good. No drugs and food to take.

6 Likes

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by mrbillz(m): 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2017
Thank God for Med & Surg

This is a great feat, one must compliment the surgeons in charge cool

1 Like

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
I no fit shout and my mouth no fit close shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Aldebaran(m): 1:29am On Oct 27, 2017
Thank GOD
Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by tk4rd: 4:46am On Oct 27, 2017
I love the way u follow up on your threads bumper-to-bumper.
Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by TheArchangel(f): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2017
smithsydny:
most of this things are defections cost by the same parents things dey take in during pregnancy.. Reason y atenantal is good. No drugs and food to take.
I get that. And not all defect are caused by "what they take during pregnancy". The contaminated environment, radiation from chemical companies and lots of them has a major part in congenital and teratogenic effect on fetus.
My post is meant for the "thank God" crews. Why allow it to happen then wait back for humans to do the corrections , what happened to " intelligent design and everything created by God is beautiful religious"mantra?.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:34am On Oct 27, 2017
tk4rd:
I love the way u follow up on your threads bumper-to-bumper.

Thanks bro
Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by dfrost: 7:00am On Oct 27, 2017
Thank God cry embarassed kiss
Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by ultron12345: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2017
TheArchangel:
I get that. And not all defect are caused by "what they take during pregnancy". The contaminated environment, radiation from chemical companies and lots of them has a major part in congenital and teratogenic effect on fetus.
My post is meant for the "thank God" crews. Why allow it to happen then wait back for humans to do the corrections , what happened to " intelligent design and everything created by God is beautiful religious"mantra?.
ask them o......they will soon come with God can do as he like, God has a reason, God works in mysterious ways

2 Likes

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by proudlyYoruba(m): 8:49am On Oct 27, 2017
T
Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 27, 2017
TheArchangel:
my archangel I love you

1 Like

Re: Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) by armadeo(m): 9:07am On Oct 27, 2017
Hope none of them.ends up brain damaged

That's very likely in such a procedure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell / Is There A Cure For Hiv/aids / Anthony Ayalogu: Customs Comptroller Slumps At Airport, Dies, CG Mourns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.