Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

6 Daily Routine To Keep Yourself Away From Temptations And Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Daily Routine To Keep Yourself Away From Temptations And Sin (481 Views)

Friday, July 22 Jehovah . . . takes note of the humble.​—Ps. 138:6. (Daily text) / Sexual Temptations And The Movie Industry / The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Daily Routine To Keep Yourself Away From Temptations And Sin by madumelu(m): 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Here below are six divinely ways to stay away from temptations and sins which makes us stand condemned and unacceptable before God our creator.

Read carefully, slowly and attentively.

Flee evil acts -

Flee… flee… flee and just flee away. Could that help; you may ask. Yes it works well and a lot.
Never let that silly thought, evil desire sink into your mind – just flee.
Do you know temptations isn’t sin and that you are tempted doesn’t mean you will sin. Let me clear you on this; so you won’t misunderstand me or quote me wrong.

However taking my emphasis from God’s Word – (the bible) “but each one is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed. Then the lust, when it is conceived, bears sin; and the sin, when it is full grown, produce death” – James 1:14-15.

However, temptations become a sin when you allow it to sink into you and you’re carried away by its desire as we see in the above bible passage.

I want to tell you the truth, whenever you are being tempted to do evil – your first impression shouldn’t be to run away. Don’t even pray, don’t just begin shuffling your mind for some bible verse that matches against it. Just flee first, the others could now come later.

Joseph is a very good example of one who understand this principle. When Potipher’s wife approached him to have him make love with her and persisted consistently at his refusal. Remember he did nothing than to leave his cloak she held tight with her and flee away.

Mind you, I don’t say run – flee. Watch the difference.

Hold firm to God’s promise –

God has made it clear to us that he, ‘God is not a man, that he should lie nor the son of man, that he should repent. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not make it good? – Num 23:19.

Also he said to Jeremiah “I watch over my word to perform it” – see 1 vs 12

God is bigger, mightier, stronger than any other creatures. He equally made all things and he’s answerable to no one or thing.

Perhaps, God has promised us of security and intervention when we are faced with temptations of any sought. He also promised us in all to make a way out. ( see 1 Corinth 10:13)

However, when temptations both to sin, do wrong or compromise your faith comes, hold unto God. He alone foreknew all things and as well knows the best way out. Don’t run to man, run to him, (God) and remind him of his promises. He will surely help

Pray hard –
Fervent Prayer is a good way to stay away from temptation – see  James 5:16.
With a fervent and consistent prayer you can fore-arm temptations beforehand.

Nevertheless and for emphases, the Bible urges us to pray and do it consistently as well as in the Spirit – see Eph 6:18.

One good reason God gave us his spirit is that we can pray as we ought to pray. “In the same way, the Spirit  also help our weaknesses, for we don’t know how to pray as we ought” – Rom 8:26.

The Spirit also as the bible tells us searches and knows all things even the deep things of God – see 1 Corith 2:10

However, when we make prayers a must-do-daily routine, I believe we will be in a better chance to staying away temptations and sins.

Study the Word –
Jesus won the devil who came tempting him after he had just ended a 40 days and night fast and prayers simply because he had a good knowledge of the word.

Perhaps, they are temptations you will be surprised prayers may not help out with. Nevertheless, God’s Word cries out, “my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge (of the word).

With good knowledge of the word; believe me or not you...

Click the link below to continue reading http://www.faithinspirationblog.com/2017/10/25/6-daily-routine-keep-away-temptations-sin/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Daily Routine To Keep Yourself Away From Temptations And Sin by umama23(f): 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
Great insight. These other steps will also help a christian to live without falling into temptation;

Be vigilant
Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Be sober
1 Peter 5:8King James Version (KJV)
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour

Guard your heart

Pro 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Psalm 119:11King James Version (KJV)

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

James 1: 14-15
14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Walking in the Spirit

Gal5:16
I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

New Jerusalem Kingdom Church, Anambra State, Nigeria Hands Over To Olumba / 6 Years Old Girl Testifying The Goodness Of God Which Surprised Thousands Of... / How Satan And His Agents Steal From Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.