Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over (21721 Views)

Xiaomi Unveils Its First Car And Its Sleek And ELECTRIC! / Nord Unveils Its New Vehicle, Norda5 / Toyota Unveils Its Self-driving E-palette Delivery Pod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by obafemee80(m): 8:28am On Oct 27, 2017
[img]http:///a/img924/6586/rXuV0P.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98gHkWn6m8

Honda has a new motorcycle that can stand upright with or without a rider, using technology the firm learned from developing a walking humanoid.

Unveiled Wednesday at the Tokyo Motor Show, Honda’s Riding Assist-e is an all-electric concept model that constantly assesses its position and moves the handlebar to ensure the vehicle stays upright.

Honda's self balancing motorbike can even ride itself and follow its owner to a parking space. Honda says it hopes it could cut down of the number of low speed accidents where owners drop their bikes

For years, international bike manufacturers have experimented with various forms of gyroscopes to prevent motorcycles from falling over, said Hiroyuki Nakata, the engineer behind the idea.

“But if you wanted to keep something as heavy as a motorcycle standing, you need a large and heavy gyroscopic device and you need to keep turning it,” he said

Honda’s device, however, is only the size of a lamp and can be rigged above the front wheel.

With the system turned off, the motorcycle topples over when the rider takes his hands from it. But when it is flipped on, the bike stays stock still as if in a magic show, even when the rider walks away from it.However, the firm has not said when the bike will enter production.

https://autojosh.com/honda-unveils-self-balancing-motorbike-prevent-riders-falling/
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by zeestone99(m): 10:32am On Oct 27, 2017
Hw mch
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by diportivo: 11:02am On Oct 27, 2017
zeestone99:
Hw mch

if only u read, you would av seen the answer to ur question undecided

33 Likes

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by zeestone99(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
diportivo:

if only u read, you would av seen the answer to ur question undecided

No mind me jawe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by AerialMapper: 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
Now this is innovation! Not one person that will use synthetic carpet and cover a car or knock together a couple of loose zinc plates and fabricate a road moving spaceship and we begin to applaud and wonder why the government isn't supporting talent.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by nairavsdollars(f): 7:08am On Oct 28, 2017
When will they address the issue of their front wheels that tears every now and then on the road?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by adeniyi55: 7:08am On Oct 28, 2017
Like share tongue

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by dfrost: 7:08am On Oct 28, 2017
Good. Time to buy me a bike because Eko needs it.
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 28, 2017
Nice technology. Thumbs up Honda.
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by KinzyeWriter(m): 7:10am On Oct 28, 2017
zeestone99:
Hw mch
"... However, the firm has not said when the bike will enter production..."

2 Likes

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Nonsua30(m): 7:12am On Oct 28, 2017
Which way Naija!!!
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by lakesguy(m): 7:12am On Oct 28, 2017
Nice ride.... Make dem bring am as okada for nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Electronzeez(m): 7:13am On Oct 28, 2017
Technology at its peak .just imagine your bike coming behind you like a pet .

1 Like

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Franzinni: 7:16am On Oct 28, 2017
Bring back okada !!!! It's safe now nah
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by bennynaza(m): 7:17am On Oct 28, 2017
All of you saying, "bring it as okada", do you think it will be cheap.
This bike is going to be more expensive than most cars

1 Like

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by thedondada(m): 7:18am On Oct 28, 2017
AerialMapper:
Now this is innovation! Not one person that will use synthetic carpet and cover a car or knock together a couple of loose zinc plates and fabricate a road moving spaceship and we begin to applaud and wonder why the government isn't supporting talent.

Thank God someone like you is here. When I make my own opinions known on such threads you need to see the firestorm that is rained down on me.

Why support mediocre issues. That space car/ boat is even worse than what kids build in thier homes.

With a lot of other rubbish I've seen here next thing government should support.

Anywhere in the write up did you see the Japanese government paying for the research.

Until we know how to progress by ourselves we will stay where we are.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by kuldude29(m): 7:26am On Oct 28, 2017
Very soon e go soon dy fly
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Goldenheart(m): 7:28am On Oct 28, 2017
Awesome innovation

WTF is with Honda cars n front wheel issues! "
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 28, 2017
Alright
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by nnokwa042(m): 7:37am On Oct 28, 2017
thedondada:

Thank God someone like you is here. When I make my own opinions known on such threads you need to see the firestorm that is rained down on me.

Why support mediocre issues. That space car/ boat is even worse than what kids build in thier homes.

With a lot of other rubbish I've seen here next thing government should support.

Anywhere in the write up did you see the Japanese government paying for the research.

Until we know how to progress by ourselves we will stay where we are.

u and the person u qoate be ewu gombe
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by YesNo(m): 7:45am On Oct 28, 2017
OH MY LAWD.

DOPE BIKE

DOPE TECHNOLOGY

the world is changing

1 Like

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by thedondada(m): 7:50am On Oct 28, 2017
nnokwa042:

And you are the mediocre specie we are talking about. Call on the government to assist you to expose your mediocre nature to the world.

Better open your eyes and look around.

5 Likes

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by KingRabota: 8:03am On Oct 28, 2017
nnokwa042:

I can see that your brain is full of emptiness
Ndo!
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Decryptor(m): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2017
nairavsdollars:
When will they address the issue of their front wheels that tears every now and then on the road?

When they manufactured that car, they didn't have "Nigerian Roads" in mind.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Aldebaran(m): 8:21am On Oct 28, 2017
See technology...

2 Likes

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by gbzed(m): 8:24am On Oct 28, 2017
nairavsdollars:

That car is a strong car, and if u buy original parts and maintain it well of it will hardly tear.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by suyamasta(m): 8:29am On Oct 28, 2017
Issokay i wonder when Nigerians will begin to focus on development and innovations like this rather than foolish politicking that serves a few!

2 Likes

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Nigeman: 8:32am On Oct 28, 2017
Not made for Nigerian Roads

1 Like

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by xpool(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2017
adeniyi55:
Like share tongue
Na you be that?
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Mrnairalandd: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2017
Nothing has powerful as Nigerian assembled Motorcycles

1 Like

Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Cyberdroid: 11:50am On Oct 28, 2017
nnokwa042:
DRY

RECEIVE SENSE! undecided
nnokwa042:
DRY

RECEIVE SENSE!
Re: Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over by Soulsymbol99: 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
nairavsdollars:

Is up 2 u to tell ur leaders 2 fix ur roads grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. / Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / Porsche Fan Crashed N49m Cayenne Into Dealership After Not Getting Optional Xtra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.