Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

2015: When Nigeria Leaped From Frying Pan To Fire - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2015: When Nigeria Leaped From Frying Pan To Fire (390 Views)

Suicide: From Frying Pan To Fire!! / Throwback Photo: When Nigeria Was Organised Before We All Became Mad / Senator Mao Ohuabunwa Empowers His Constituents With Frying Pan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015: When Nigeria Leaped From Frying Pan To Fire by awodivictor(m): 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
At the height of the clamor for change in 2015, some Christian friends likened the man buhari to a messiah who will come and wipe off their tears and put smiles on their faces. Some compared him to the biblical Persian king Cyrus who though a heathen kings was ordained by God to lead Israel- his people back from captivity to freedom.
With the present economic and political reality, another biblical example is coming to mind. The sons of Samuel were corrupt and so Israel protested asking for a king. Despite the warning from Samuel, they insisted and God gave them Saul. It was not long before they discovered they had jumped from frying pan to the fire.
Some of these Buharist argue that the case would have been worse had Goodluck continued, that to me is cheap prognostication, you are not God and you cannot tell what tomorrow holds. Even weather forecasters and trend analysts have been proved wrong times without number.
Your erroneous prognosis has brought you to where you are today. Am pretty sure many of you never imagined in your wildest dream that Nigeria will be where it is today under messiah buhari.
Others also blamed the past regime for all the economic woes of the country; this is also lame and tactless. They said they met the treasury empty, that the price of crude plummeted and bla bla bla.
Who remembered the price of crude during Soludo? Who remembered how much Obasanjo met in the treasury? Yet we were not in recession at that time. Experts have attributed this recession to 4 wrong steps taken by this government, viz:
- The non systematic implementation of TSA
- Destruction of crude oil pipelines by militants as a result of Buhari’s provocative hate speeches, which Osibanjo corrected early this year.
- Slow take off of this government, buhari was a sole administrator for six months.
- Lack of clear economic blue print to pursue
Later God made this statement to Israel with respect to their clamor in Hosea 13:11 “I gave thee a king in mine anger, and took him away in my wrath”. This is how I believe this episode might end.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Catalonia Declares Independence From Spain See Pics / Very Experienced MLM Promoter Needed / Where Can I Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.