Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. (15824 Views)

Forsale 650sqm Of Corner Pieces Of Land St Ogudu Gra C-o 55m Call / 3 Acres Of Corner Piece Dry Land For JV Or Outright Sales. Location: Elegushi Be / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by obidevine(m): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2017
Most builders / developers prefer corner-piece plots because it's more commercially viable
Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by obidevine(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2017
Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by obidevine(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2017
Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by wildchild02: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2017
Ok

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE!
Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by EazyMoh(m): 8:24am On Oct 30, 2017
Security wise also its a disadvantage.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by megapro(m): 8:42am On Oct 30, 2017
Corner piece

Additional pros

-One can chose access from more than one road (privacy, road block etc)
-One can chose outlet for more than one road (drainage)
-Drainage let out opportunity if one road is flooded
-Normally allotted more space

Additional cons

-Less build-able space due to government setback more for front than back and sides
-More traffic noise pollution
Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by Propertydealng: 9:09am On Oct 30, 2017
For Site inspection call 07037629947

Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 30, 2017
Abudu2000:
Speaking in terms of security corner piece isn't the best option,those who knows know.... cool

Who said?

If the builder has sense from above you can’t even see a definite shape and when you add a garden at night you won’t know where the house is.

Yesterday they built homes for safety and security today it’s for notice me what do you expect
Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by rezzy: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2017
Those at corner lots can reconnect their wires to the other street.

For example, my street and some other Crescents have not had light since February, those at corner lots paid and transferred their wires to the adjacent street.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by obidevine(m): 11:19am On Oct 30, 2017
rezzy:
Those at corner lots can reconnect their wires to the other street.

For example, my street and some other Crescents have not had light since February, those at corner lots paid and transferred their wires to the adjacent street.

An advantage from a Nigerian perspective

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by whirlwind7(m): 11:52am On Oct 30, 2017
obidevine

It is so obvious this is from a foreign publication. The way the structures on the corner lots were described indicates mostly suburban houses without perimeter fences in north America and Europe.

How many corner piece properties have you seen in Nigeria devoid of fences? The write up is OK, but it wasn't describing things peculiar to Nigeria. I make bold to tell you that in Nigeria, there are mostly pros, and a few cons. One of the bigger cons is that you spend more on perimeter fences for your property.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by obidevine(m): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
whirlwind7:
obidevine

It is so obvious this is from a foreign publication. The way the structures on the corner lots were described indicates mostly suburban houses without perimeter fences in north America and Europe.

How many corner piece properties have you seen in Nigeria devoid of fences? The write up is OK, but it wasn't describing things peculiar to Nigeria. I make bold to tell you that in Nigeria, there are mostly pros, and a few cons. One of the bigger cons is that you spend more on perimeter fences for your property.

Very true in Nigeria the pros outweigh the cons , my brother this is a 100 percent original piece

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2017
nony43:
I think the corner lots should best be for shops
I quite disagree, owing to the traffic congestion that will be generated as a result of vehicle moving in and out of it
Re: Pros And Cons Of Corner-piece / Corner- Lots. by PristineSteve(m): 10:23am On Sep 02, 2023
Corner piece means spending more on perimeter fencing & finishing.

Also, corner piece can be restrictive for maximizing land in terms of residential development.

Summarily, the pros & cons depend more on the use the land is to be put to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacating A House Before Tenancy Expires, Do You Get A Refund? / Anambra State Joint Task Force Embarks On Demolition Of Illegal Structures / Fire Destroys A Building In Abia, Kills 2 Siblings, Injures Their Parents (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.