Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

'the Fault In Our Stars' Movie Review - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'the Fault In Our Stars' Movie Review (445 Views)

Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. / Samson 2018 Movie Review / Nollywood Movie Review: A Lawyer’s Review Of The Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'the Fault In Our Stars' Movie Review by Queerlyshrewd: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2017
This is one of my very favourites actually,
But putting sentiments aside; whats so special about this movie?

Based on the book with the same title written by John Greene, The fault in our stars tells the story of a love between two teenagers or maybe young adults... Yes i know the romantic allergic ones are already rolling their eyes But TFIOS is not your regular romance movie. Its not all dates, make-outs, chocolates and roses... No its way more than that.

This movie explores love, pain, friendship and cancer, Making the best of the cards you've been dealt. Personally it taught me to appreciate everyday; to be grateful for little things beacuse those little things we take for granted? Some people will do anything for them.

Downside:
In relation to the book however, there were some downsides.The main female characters was painted a little too much like a saint. But asides that and the little damage that happens when you turn a book to a movie... It was a good adaptation.

Rating:
I advice you not to pay attention to the IMDB rating which was 7.8/10 beacuse me and a lot of other people agree it should have been a 9 And by the time you watch it, You'll agree too.

It has had 21 award wins including Best romance, Best kiss� and Movie of the year... Need i say more??

So if you havent seen this movie, please do. If you have, watch it again. It never gets old...

Best Scene:
My favourite scene has to be where she reads Augustus' eulogy... I think that letter damn right broke my heart. It was so special and for a long time after that i wondered if anyone would ever think of me in that way.

But i should warn you... If you are in anyway as cinematically emotional as i am. You'll need 3 essentials: 1.Popcorn cos its vital 2. Tissue paper or a handkerchief for the tears 3. Water cos u just might overcry and choke on your popcorn...

http://queerlyshrewd..com

1 Like

Re: 'the Fault In Our Stars' Movie Review by BabaAlabi: 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
PAIN DEMANDS TO BE FELT!!

2 Likes

Re: 'the Fault In Our Stars' Movie Review by CAPSLOCKED: 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
BabaAlabi:
PAIN DEMANDS TO BE FELT!!

1 Like

Re: 'the Fault In Our Stars' Movie Review by BabaAlabi: 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
E
Re: 'the Fault In Our Stars' Movie Review by BabaAlabi: 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
Empty quote
Re: 'the Fault In Our Stars' Movie Review by Ezionye(f): 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
I thought to check it out until I saw " cancer" in your post. Unless I misunderstood it, it seems the movie has a sad ending. There are enough sad endings in real life already so I prefer movies with happy endings smiley

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Producers Can’t Afford To Pay What I Want – Uti Nwachukwu / How Jumanji Took On Star Wars – And Won / #bbnaija Week 1 Recap....Double Wahala Indeed! [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.