Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (73885 Views)

Boys Rain Money On Pastor While He Dances To 'Dorime' Song In Church (Video) / Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe / Insecurity: Pastor Adefarasin Advises Church Members To Plan Their Escape Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by bullbull: 5:36am On Oct 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
That guy's comments on tithing is subtly changing the way people think. Not saying it's good though

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by waldigit: 5:41am On Oct 30, 2017
Lilimax:
Tithe is from God. Pay your tithe for things not to be tight for you embarassed All these noise and preaching against tithe is another means for the devil to keep God's children in perpetual bondage of hardship. The devil is a liar!
Great but this the way I see things. Should tithe be our major concern considering what we are passing through as a nation? Jesus in Mathew 23:23 said we should be more concerned about more weightier matter. This weightier matter has more connection with our problems in Nigeria eg corruption.
Unbelievers and atheist nation has better country than ours.
Our concept of prosperity needs redefining. Nobody is thinking of national development but island of prosperity amidst ocean of poverty. All our craving for blessing is all about acquiring imported products.
We seem very complacent with underdevelopment. I have never heard a man of God who preach that pay your tithe so that God can increase our national capacity to develop industrially, the only thing we hear is pay your tithe so that you have more blessing to procure imported products.
We have a long way to go
Mind you I am a tithe payer and even willing to pay more than tithe to God, but I think we need a paradigm shift in our perception of God's blessing

3 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Omeife2: 5:53am On Oct 30, 2017
skillzahblog:
“Angry congregants seen allegedly walking out on Pastor Adefarasin of the House on the Rock, Lagos, while preaching about tithing”

See video here

http://www.skillzah.com/2017/10/church-members-walk-out-on-pastor-adefarasin-see-why-here.html

Stop peddling false hood and lies about churches.. Don't become an agent of the devil by driving people away from God rather than to him. This is really what was preached:
Well, this is according to a member of the House on the Rock church in Lagos who shared excerpts of Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s teaching on the very controversial topic, Tithing, in church today. Read the excerpts as shared by Makua Eyisi on his Facebook wall below

‘Today, for the first time (in my hearing), My Pastor taught us about Tithing from the New Testament point of view and it was awesome.

Here are excerpts;

You don’t have to pay tithe in this new covenant.
Tithing will not make you a Millionaire.
You don’t pay tithe to be blessed. You are already blessed. Tithing is a faith response to the blessing.

Abraham paid tithe after he was blessed not so that he would be blessed.
Abraham paid tithe to Melchidezek who was a high priest. We pay to Christ who is also our High Priest after the order of Melchizedek.

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by CloudResident(m): 5:58am On Oct 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

Personally, I'd prefer using my tithe to buy things for the less privileged

Sense don fall on you taytay.
You too much! smiley

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by AceVentura: 6:05am On Oct 30, 2017
Wisdom is too high for a fool.

People didn't leave because of the preaching. They left due to the anticipated traffic at the end of the service. It took me almost an hr to get home for a 5minute trip due to the traffic.

Paul Adefarasin said tithing isn't for everyone but he encourages people to pay their tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:09am On Oct 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

What they do with it shouldn't be your business you just obey God's command and leave the judgement to God

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:10am On Oct 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

What they do with it shouldn't be your business you just obey God's command and leave the judgement to God
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by ACE1010: 6:26am On Oct 30, 2017
biacan:
Freeze see what you've caused

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by ololadeking(m): 6:56am On Oct 30, 2017
Yameater:

Jealousy
hahaha you're right
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by micholalo(m): 7:00am On Oct 30, 2017
when all your head is correct, you will go back to your First church (Orthodox church)
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by OSCAMO: 7:02am On Oct 30, 2017
CHRISTIANITY IS A SHAM!
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by OBAGADAFFI: 7:03am On Oct 30, 2017
Student125:

It is non of ur business cuz u as a child (just like a formatted PC) was taught (operating system installed) that as a good xtian you must pay tithe and if you don't pay, u will lack in blessings. But as a grown up like you are, you refuse to look around to know if those that refuse to pay don't get blessings just cuz u have been programmed like a PC. Even in PC, you can't run 2 OS, so also you can't accept the glaring fact cuz it negate what u were taught(programmed OS).

I told you what other Religions do isn't my business.
They believe that what they Practice will bring them prosperity.
Do you want me to suddenly become a Muslim because you don't pay Tithes?

I wonder who gave you people the rights to dictates how we practice our Religion.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by designVATExcel: 7:10am On Oct 30, 2017
Funny, The op posted a picture of people "standing", and the so called learned Nairalanders quickly rushed to criticize tithing.
Curious isn't it how and why people that don't tithe rush to participate in this kind of convo.

At the end of the day we will all INDEPENDENTLY give account for our action & inactions on earth. Una no fit refer to Mr. Freeze on that day. You account for why you did or didn't follow any bible scripture.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by awuf2008: 7:12am On Oct 30, 2017
Where is the video? And if you can't, that means you are fake.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2017
Is it compulsory for a Christian to tithe? The answer is simple no. You can give willingly but not compelled to tithe. Read this:

http://www.mortalpoet.com/brothers-beggars-street-tithe-church/
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by ehissi(m): 7:42am On Oct 30, 2017
Bloggers have come again. For all you know, they went to piss........
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by FrenchyL(m): 7:54am On Oct 30, 2017
Those that left are the #MixedMultitude

They are found in every congregation! They wont be missed! grin

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Topgainer: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2017
MICHEALADEX:

Absurd reasoning.
Omeife2:

This is really what was preached:
Well, this is according to a member of the House on the Rock church in Lagos who shared excerpts of Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s teaching on the very controversial topic, Tithing, in church today. Read the excerpts as shared by Makua Eyisi on his Facebook wall below
‘Today, for the first time (in my hearing), My Pastor taught us about Tithing from the New Testament point of view and it was awesome.
Here are excerpts;
You don’t have to pay tithe in this new covenant.
Tithing will not make you a Millionaire.
You don’t pay tithe to be blessed. You are already blessed. Tithing is a faith response to the blessing.
Abraham paid tithe after he was blessed not so that he would be blessed.
Abraham paid tithe to Melchidezek who was a high priest. We pay to Christ who is also our High Priest after the order of Melchizedek.

I will need to see the video of his teaching on Sunday. I have some respect for Pastor Paul for being slightly different from the pack

but if in all his teachings on Christian tithing he failed to show where Jesus and his disciples payed or received tithe, then his teaching on tithing is not Christianity.

He can't possibly use Abraham to defend the system of tithe levies done today because Abraham gave a tithe of the spoils of war once. He was not recorded to have done that with his gross earnings like salary earners do today, he didn't do that weekly.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by eph12(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

And have you been doing this?
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Topgainer: 8:12am On Oct 30, 2017
AceVentura:
Wisdom is too high for a fool.
Paul Adefarasin said tithing isn't for everyone but he encourages people to pay their tithe.
said tithing ... but he encouraged people...
Which type of Biblical tithe system did he encourage his followers to pay? Abrahamic or the Jewish. Did he say how often it should be done?
Kindly upload the video, like the Berean Christians I need to compare whatever new thing he has with the scriptures.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Samyokporua(m): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2017
jamace:
That is why most looted funds find their way into the church. Wallahi, church is aiding and abetting corruption in Nigeria.
I agree with you, funny enough I was in the service yesterday, nigga said using your tithes on less privilege isn't tithe that tithe must be in the church... won't blame him though, his following in the footsteps of his father's in the Lord: Oyedepo and co... that's their source of income
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Mofe72: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2017
biacan:
Not all some are still honest e.g Catholic,deeper life e.t.c

The Catholic Church is one of the richest and most corrupt institutions in the world.
If you know what goes down there, you won't call them innocent.
It has total assets of over $8 billion dollars. They still collect different types of offerings and levies.

I am a Christian and I personally think Christianity is a spiritual walk with God, it's not about what society perceives or what the prophets or pastors do.

I will give my tithe and give to the needy when i can.

Let God be the judge.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Topgainer: 8:32am On Oct 30, 2017
Samyokporua:
I agree with you, funny enough I was in the service yesterday, nigga said using your tithes on less privilege isn't tithe that tithe must be in the church... won't blame him though, his following in the footsteps of his father's in the Lord: Oyedepo and co... that's their source of income
Did he provide any unrefutable scriptures to back it up? I need to see the full video of his message on tithe and Church. Can you direct me to a link?

The book of Hebrews comparing Christ and Melchizedek can't be used to validate the modern fraudulent tithe scheme. Otherwise, the disciples of Jesus and the early Churches would have been recorded to have paid tithe based on that. But they never did. They never discussed tithe, Paul did not, Peter did not, James, John, Luke and Mark did not discuss tithe. And these were the authorities in the New testament.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Mofe72: 8:33am On Oct 30, 2017
Student125:

It is non of ur business cuz u as a child (just like a formatted PC) was taught (operating system installed) that as a good xtian you must pay tithe and if you don't pay, u will lack in blessings. But as a grown up like you are, you refuse to look around to know if those that refuse to pay don't get blessings just cuz u have been programmed like a PC. Even in PC, you can't run 2 OS, so also you can't accept the glaring fact cuz it negate what u were taught(programmed OS).

smiley But you can run 2 OS on a system.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by repogirl(f): 8:41am On Oct 30, 2017
Like play like play, the #freethesheeple movement is getting through to people.

Those who will pay will still pay sha.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Yameater(m): 8:46am On Oct 30, 2017
ololadeking:
hahaha you're right
I knew it. People sha!!!!!!
They can be so JEALOUS of you when you make progress
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Yameater(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2017
repogirl:
Like play like play, the #freethesheeple movement is getting through to people.

Those who will pay will still pay sha.

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Yameater(m): 8:49am On Oct 30, 2017
Topgainer:

Did he provide any unrefutable scriptures to back it up? I need to see the full video of his message on tithe and Church. Can you direct me to a link?

The book of Hebrews comparing Christ and Melchizedek can't be used to validate the modern fraudulent tithe scheme. Otherwise, the disciples of Jesus and the early Churches would have been recorded to have paid tithe based on that. But they never did. They never discussed tithe, Paul did not, Peter did not, James, John, Luke and Mark did not discuss tithe. And these were the authorities in the New testament.

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by OCHKESTINE(m): 9:21am On Oct 30, 2017
If there was ever a workout, then it was staged by Demonic entities like Freeze and his people.

The topic of tithing only bothers the poor. Interview Billionaires u'd find out they tithe in some ways.

People who have never given a dime to the motherless make it sound like their lives will end upon letting go of 10%.

If u're a blessed person I see no reason why u should practice a faith and complain about a practice because u're stingy and ignorant of it's value.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by QueenSharon(f): 9:25am On Oct 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

: Buying things for the less privilege is not tithe.

God demanded that you bring your tithe into his House; it is not for the less privilege.

Please note that you can give to the less privilege, but it shouldn't be your tithe.

Thank you
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Chinny5(f): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Wow. Now you are sounding so incredible.
I am a Catholic too. Trust me, I escaped early hardship just by GIVING. One covenant and promise I was made by God that I will NEVER lack food was because I cultivated the habit of buying food for people, not necessarily the less privileged because I wouldnt know who is better than me.

Anywhere I go and I see a hungry person, I am moved to buy food for such a person and even obliged if that person is mentally unstable or sick.

Honestly, I have more food than I need

That's nice, well done bro
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenSharon:

: Buying things for the less privilege is not tithe.

God demanded that you bring your tithe into his House; it is not for the less privilege.

Please note that you can give to the less privilege, but it shouldn't be your tithe.

Thank you
Thanks Sharon. I have noted this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Chris Omatsola Bounces Back After Leaked Sex Video / Anita Oyakhilome Shades Ex-husband, Pastor Chris / Collins: My Visit To Babalola’s Tomb, Mountain And River Oni At Efon Alaaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.