Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

UNN; A Private University In Disguise. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN; A Private University In Disguise. (2627 Views)

Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Postgraduate Program In Microbiology Department, UNN: A Mistake? / Lecturer Stands On A Table To Invigilate During Exam In A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Daboywizzy: 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nairaland Please Help Us!!

Yesterday being the 30th day of October, the University of Nigeria Nsukka released her
SCHEDULE OF UNDERGRADUATE CONSOLIDATED SERVICE CHARGES FOR 2017/2018 SESSION .

First Year School Fees rose From between 58,000 - 64,000 to 70,000 - 77,000 other years now pay additional 10,000 naira

... Now the Vc have successfully Impeach the SUG president and His Goons, who we all know are not the First set of Aluta Lion Officials to Loot Correct cash, All this to destabilize the student Body, Now no opposition party can attack the School fee Hike...

They say
" A UNN student is ahead of you NATURALLY"

ya!! that's right, our school fees are ahead of others, yet according to webometrics, we are not yet close to being the Best in Nigeria.

Our Voice Shall Be Heard!!!
Say No to UNN school fee Hike.
Aluta Lion Republic
United We Stand.

Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Daboywizzy: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
cc Richiez, Fynestboi, olawalebabs
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
70k, well let's title that "State University in disguise" instead cos the worst private universities in Nigeria would charge nothing less than 200k/session. That 70k is just about the caution fee in d more pronounced private universities. I wish you guys well with your protest..

Cc lalasticlala
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
Unn matter tire me embarassed

Imagine my school fees.... 70,700, after paying 25k acceptance fee. embarassed

I don't know where they expect me to get that kind of money from in this era o.

Unn's VC wants to use our(freshers) parents hard earned money to buy private jet.
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Daboywizzy: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Unn's VC wants to use our(freshers) parents hard earned money to buy private jet.

Change of Degree Increased from 5k to 50k we no talk, now they ve come Just like the subtle serpent Of Genesis 3.. Their Father!!!
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
if u no get money u for do research on the cheap universities bfr choosing na
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by hos4x(m): 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
All these igbo federal universities

Na cash and carry them be

#TeamUniben stay winning

2 Likes

Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by excel127(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
God bless you for creating this topic.
After I planned paying about 61k sch fees only to see 74200 on the list besides acceptance fee 25k
I don't know how to tell my parents about the 14k price hike.
What does Unn offer that the others paying less than 60k in total don't
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by linzeze(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
I tire for UNN.Change of Degree form rose from 5k to 100k,which they later reduced to 50k reluctantly.Now School fees,Those in final years are complaining because what they paid in their penultimate year was lesser.The first years are complaining because non of them will pay anything less than an 100k.No SUG to fight for Us.infact,the stupid SUG Officers are all enjoying themselves in Sweden chai!!.If students should protest they will send everyone home and shutdown the school.Is UNN the only federal University in Nigeria that recession affected?...what of ABU,UNIBEN e.t.c.are they not federal Universities also but their fees are affordable for the common man.Anything Igbo dominated dey always fear me.ALL LIONS AND LIONESS,LET US ALL STOP THIS EVIL.OZUMBA MUST REDUCE THE FEE.
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Desyner: 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
Most people complaining here are simply not responsible.
How much does the FG pay on your behalf per session? It is nothing less than 400k per student per session and what the uni authority is demanding is less than 20% of what is being spent on you.
They see people who pay to attend private uni as fools and start complaining at the slightest chance.
If you can't pay, take a year off and make enough money.
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by diadem10: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2017
hos4x:

#TeamUniben stay winning

You're the one to talk?

Uniben freshers pay enormous amount for both acceptance and school fees. I payed 40,000 for each of them (80,000 all together) and another 12000-14,000 for my course registrations in my first year, not to talk of other miscellaneous. That was at <2011. To be fair to them, subsequently from 200 level above, our school fees alone were nothing more than 14,000-16,000. Hence, it was only in the first year that we were fleeced.
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by swiz123(m): 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
Desyner:
How much does the FG pay on your behalf per session? It is nothing less than 400k per student per session and what the uni authority is demanding is less than 20% of what is being spent on you.
They see people who pay to attend private uni as fools and start complaining at the slightest chance.
By their comments, we know how hopeless and senseless they are. So it's now a crime not to be financially buoyant enough?

Oh!!! I can only imagine the kind of penury your poor (literally)parents are going through by your continued existence.
Commit suicide and put them out of their misery bro
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Desyner: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
swiz123:

By their comments, we know how hopeless and senseless they are. So it's now a crime not to be financially buoyant enough?

Oh!!! I can only imagine the kind of penury your poor (literally)parents are going through by your continued existence.
Commit suicide and put them out of their misery bro
See this one o.
Is it a crime for govermemt not to fully subsidize education? Govt spends hundreds of thousand on you and you are crying.
Maybe goverment was there when your father and mother were having you.
If you are not financially buoyant then go and be financially bouyant. Simple.
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
hos4x:

#TeamUniben stay winning
Uni what? Uniben will join Unn soon in this saga
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2017
Desyner:
I wonder. To crown it all ASUU's demand hasn't being met yet. Peradventure their allowances are paid,there is the possibility of increment in school fees
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by favch(f): 5:28pm On Oct 31, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Eyah, we were asked to go on a peaceful protest using one link like that on fb
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
favch:

Eyah, we were asked to go on a peaceful protest using one link like that on fb

All those peaceful protest don't just work embarassed

People are already paying, I was at GTbank today, you needed to see the number of people there and 90% of the youths came from unn and they all come to pay school fees or acceptance fee.

God will help us sha... After all the budgeting, unn ruined everything.
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by stillondmatter: 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
k
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by OmoDavido(m): 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
KimberlyWest:

People are already paying, I was at GTbank today, you needed to see the number of people there and 90% of the youths came from unn and they all come to pay school fees or acceptance fee.

hello there

Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by favch(f): 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2017
KimberlyWest:

This is serious , they should continue loathing us_ they r not being considerate at all,and after that u will pay for housing #oluwa is involved kiss
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by balogunmuktar(m): 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2017
As far as I know, FUOYE school fees is far higher than this.
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by stephany007: 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2017
hos4x:

#TeamUniben stay winning
them go increase your own soon
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by ToyeBrainz(m): 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
Are u a final year computer science students?

Get free project tips and Assistance from me

Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by oldfoolnigger(m): 11:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
one major reason I have been avoiding eastern unis. ........
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by chily11: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2017
onuhabel1:
if u no get money u for do research on the cheap universities bfr choosing na
sto
P it
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by MichaelBlake40: 1:47am On Nov 01, 2017
KimberlyWest:

So u've gotten admission dats great.............. back to the main matter; Kimberly leave that one o no matter what we do nothing will happen in fact me i don get my own money ready
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Nobody: 4:47am On Nov 01, 2017
chily11:
sto P it
stop what
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by Daniel2802(m): 7:12am On Nov 01, 2017
Them don reduce am by 6k each sha. The student ent fee is now optional.
Re: UNN; A Private University In Disguise. by sirBLUNT: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2017
Desyner:
this the most stupid comment i have read on nl..guy SHUT UP!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

See Where Your Occupation Is Classified In The Classification Of Jobs / Student Of Tertiary Institution Hopes Dashed Away / Life As Cadet In NDA Kaduna (from A Cadet POV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.