Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

The Lamb And A Poem - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lamb And A Poem (375 Views)

"Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK / A Poem By A Nairalander "Why" (must Read) / Being A Lamb And A Wolf - A Short Story On Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lamb And A Poem by REDInks(m): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
Another short story by me accompanied by a short kinda poem.
My baby, how come a full adult like yourself stooped so low to be called my baby, how come through the months that followed i never knew your track was a full album but it was a solo filled with too many sorrow, how come the moments we shared acted like road bumps and potholes, how come when I smiled you cried, when I loved you hate , when I blessed you cursed, when I was asleep you were awake bearing the pain, that my heart was not fully there with you and the fear in you pushed you closer to the cliff of our love story, and when I walked closer you walked backwards, I was mad over you but instead you preferred one over two, my absence became your pain killer but your absence was my high fever, you caused my scenes to change from love to hurt, from the top to the pop of my balloon of feelings, I never saw your byes not even the mind to go for a healing, and yet I still had hope for a minute that you would come back and smile for me, I thought you would come back to dance with me, I thought you knew that J was here before I met you, I thought you prayed for his help yet you fail his test, I thought you knew my attention being scarce was not for Glory but to keep myself holy, I thought you knew that I never kissed you because I felt your body was his temple, I thought you knew that I have always loved you but not as much as he did, I was close as your arm's length but he was closer than your breath.
I thought you knew............
#Hezeqel
#D-E.p
#she will understand
Re: The Lamb And A Poem by REDInks(m): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
THE LAMB
The dibia looked up at the king and shook his head, the silent whispers of the trees around the palace seems to convey an odd message, the dibia looked at the king and said

“Eze okala, your son has travelled beyond the reach of Amazinkwe, am afraid you have to bury him, there is no need crying when the head is off”

he ended and picked up his ofo, looked around the palace, peering into the face of the chiefs sitting around their king and started on his way out but before he got to the entrance of the palace he shouted
“that animal should never be mentioned again in this land, it has taken away the happiness of the royal family and is therefore an abomination, all of it remaining should be killed”, he ended before stepping out as the noise of his ofo and his constant mumbling to unseen spirits were fading with the chirping of the birds as he walked back to the shrine of Amazinkwe at the outskirts of Umonobodo.
The king looked quite advanced with heavy build ,dark complexioned and sitting beside the throne was the queen at his feet crying and looking at the face of the pale boy who was lying on the mat, with the gloomy face of the elders sitting on the bench that sat beside the throne inside the palace, some whispering unheard murmurs about the incident ,the king got up and looked in the direction of the guard to his left, “you heard the dibia, do what is necessary”, he got up as he finished talking and helped the crying queen up as they walked out of the palace to his hut behind amidst the various mumblings of the chiefs.

So my children “that was how that long forgotten animal came to be an abomination and is never mentioned aloud, it killed the only child Eze okala brought to this world as his wife never bore him any sons again”, Emechie finished his story looking at the young faces of his three children, it was dark and the winds carried nature's ventilation around alongside the various noises of nocturnal animals, obi the youngest boy with an inquisitive look in his eyes tapped his father Nnayi, “but how did the lamb kill the boy?”, “you were sleeping naw otondo how will you hear?, when papa already said that the boy was playing with the animal before he fell into a ditch and was later discovered by a maid who saw both the lamb and the boy later on inside the ditch”, replied oluchi the eldest of the children, “but how did they know it was the lamb that killed the boy?” retorted the other girl Nma looking at the face of the elder sister with sheer curiosity, “okay thats all for this night you may all go to your hut”, their father ended the spat without speaking further about the issue ,he knew the questions that arose from the events of that gloomy day still hang with the gods, “with time they will understand”, Emechie added silently.

As obi trudged behind his sister he wondered how the lamb managed to have killed the boy inside the well, but was there not any maiden or royal guards around?, maybe someone who was the foe of Eze okala had ended the life of the boy or maybe the perpetrators of the crime were inside the palace savouring the defeat since the king was now on his death bed with no heir to the throne, but how could they tell?, it has been fifteen years now that a lamb brought an end to the lineage of the king or maybe it was just an accident, questions were crossing his mind as he yawned, he better go to sleep as there would be much work on the farm tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Education / To Turn Your Story/novel Into A Screenplay / About To Start Writing Your Script / 7 Habits Of Highly Successful Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.