Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher (39737 Views)

Throwback Video Of 5-Year-Old Hanifa Abubakar Kidnapped & Killed By Her Teacher / Girl Draws Her Teacher To Celebrate Her On Women's Day In Jos (Photos) / 'Making Love': Found In Primary School Book (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by 9jatatafo(m): 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
Yaboski:
The correct ans is 300+0+0

No that is not the answer. if you study the examples very well, you will discover that the formula is H T U (i e) , Hundredth Tens and Unit. There is no way you going to put just 0 in place of tens, tens is two digit. you saying it is 300 + 0 + 0 = 300 is a mathematical fallacy
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by chasteman(m): 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
the teacher was right. the examples given was in hundreds tens and units. so the answer can be in various forms. e.g 200+99+1, 200+98+2, 200+97+3, .......200+91+9.
so most of u got it wrong
Being a mathematician doesnt make u a guru in Q\R.
cheers@ chaste
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by NosaHenry(m): 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2017
OP. Thinks that to be a teacher is easy. Ordinary Hundreds, Tens and Units you nor sabi. Lesson: Always respect your kids teachers and reward them when you can.
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by piagetskinner(m): 12:37pm On Nov 01, 2017
Ontop ordinary primary school arithmetic, see argument Nawa oo
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by yebcy4u(f): 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
the answer was written after which the teacher have marked
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by dominique(f): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2017
MxFactor:
The teacher is right! 800 + 00 + 8 =808
£300 = 200 + 99 + 1
or any way other combinations as long as the right sequence is followed
The op got it wrong

chasteman:
the teacher was right. the examples given was in hundreds tens and units. so the answer can be in various forms. e.g 200+99+1, 200+98+2, 200+97+3, .......200+91+9.
cheers@ chaste

You have got to be kidding me! What is so difficult in place value of numbers that you people are just messing yourselves up like this? Primary 2 maths for crying out loud!
The ONLY answer to that question is 300+ 00+ 0
3 hundreds
0 tens
0 units
Simple!

If examples weren't given, I would have understood why most of you guys are confused.

1 Like

Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by ETEYEN79(m): 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2017
The Teacher was right
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by EnaibeSam: 1:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
Yes your cousin failed it.

It is Hundred, Tens and Unit

300= 300 + 00 + 0
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by edgeP(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
buchilino:
AM NOT SURE IT'S RIGHT TO USE DOSE HIGH ARITHMETICS FOR ON CHILDREN IN PRIMARY 2.
my child is 5 in pry 1 and this is exactly what is working on at the moment, and is coping well. This is to enable them develop there IQ and to me is ok. it is just a simple hundredth, tens and units just like you had in your pry school days. something close to this:

H T U
1 4 5
+ 3 5 7
= 5 0 2
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by adedrew(m): 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2017
pls i feel that the answer is 250 + 50 + 0 = 300.. reasons either it will b H.T.U or it is suppose to follow a sequence.. which all the answers are either decreasing form i guess
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by degzy(m): 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
chasteman:
cheers@ chaste

Oh my god shocked are you kidding me undecided You even have the effrontery to say most people got it wrong. grin

For you, the OP, and all those that confidently got it wrong, here is an illustration.

Example; 785 = H T U
7 0 0
+ 8 0
+ + 5

Therefore, 300 = H T U
3 0 0
+ 0 0
+ + 0

On a more serious note though, this is the reason why a lot of people fail some basic exams but strongly feel they were cheated.

Not an expert myself, but just saying smiley

1 Like

Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by hohafrank(m): 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
wahles:
Lol# op u b *censored*! grin.
Answer is 300+0+0
correct
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by Spaldino(m): 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2017
ttime:
The answer is 300 plus 0 plus 0
Hundred tens and unit.
They want to see how Many hundreds
Ho Many tens
And how many units
. Nice one amigo.
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by buchilino(m): 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2017
edgeP:
my child is 5 in pry 1 and this is exactly what is working on at the moment, and is coping well. This is to enable them develop there IQ and to me is ok. it is just a simple hundredth, tens and units just like you had in your pry school days. something close to this:

H T U
1 4 5
+ 3 5 7
= 5 0 2

GOOD POINT

1 Like

Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by DesChyko: 5:43am On Nov 02, 2017
osifred:

The first box is to be filled in hundred. 200, 300, 400, 800 and so forth.

The second box is to be filled in tens. 10, 20, 30, 60 and so forth

The third box is to be filled in units. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so forth.

This is quantitative reasoning and not pure mathematics. Going by these reasoning the answer is therefore

300 + 00+ 0
Where 00 is still 0

I get.
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by rhektor(m): 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
adedrew:
pls i feel that the answer is 250 + 50 + 0 = 300.. reasons either it will b H.T.U or it is suppose to follow a sequence.. which all the answers are either decreasing form i guess

And you feel there can be anything like 250 hundred? Like seriously? Na wa o, na ur type dey go school on open day to fight teachers but would disgrace themselves in the end. SMH
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by Patrich221: 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
We wish to say a very big congratulations to all candidates who will be making their way down to the university this academic session. we congratulate you fro your effort which eventually granted you success but above all we all know that it is simply the grace of God that saw you through.
However, we wish to let everyone who could not further into the university simply because of their WAEC or NECO. There is an opportunity for you, it takes your courage and believe to make it through this time. remember, if it is only WAEC or NECO that is your problem, that is to say with your WAEC results and NECO complete your admission is set and settled,
OR
That you are a graduate but did not come out of the university with a certificate but wants to work or you that you did not go to the university but needs a job because you are very skilled and talented.
Then contact us for immediate assistance that will make you smile once again..call us on 09075188015. With God all things are possible. Do not waste another one year sitting at home when there is an alternative
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by Lolaabokoku(f): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
who quantitative help
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:00am On Nov 03, 2017
Gmajor:

Going by that logic, it would mean that number 4 is wrong, yet it is marked as correct.
how? 800H + 0T + 8 units, its correct
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by Gmajor(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
1bunne4lif:
how? 800H + 0T + 8 units, its correct
But isn't tens supposed to be two figures?
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
Gmajor:

But isn't tens supposed to be two figures?
yes it is. 00
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by adedrew(m): 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
rhektor:

And you feel there can be anything like 250 hundred? Like seriously? Na wa o, na ur type dey go school on open day to fight teachers but would disgrace themselves in the end. SMH

really dont understand u man... abeg is '250' tens or thousands... i dont get
Re: See The Home Work My Cousin In Primary Two(2) Failed According To Her Teacher by rhektor(m): 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
adedrew:

really dont understand u man... abeg is '250' tens or thousands... i dont get

Now you'll get it
From your comment I got this

adedrew:

H T U
250 50 0

Don't you think you are committing a mathematical crime here?

You mean if you were given 250 to write in place value
What you would get is
H T U
250 00 0 ?

Bro you should visit a nursery school.

That 50 in 250 destroyed your assertion.
Now di you get it?

The right answer should be

H T U
3 0 0

Hundred Tens unit
As in (3 x 100) + (0 x 10) + ( 0 x 1)

Thank you for your time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policemen Beat A Delegate At The NANS Convention In Abuja. Photos / World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders / JAMB Releases 2019 Results - See How To Check Your Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.