Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

"First Bank Is A Joke!" Disgruntled Customers Cry Out - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "First Bank Is A Joke!" Disgruntled Customers Cry Out (1543 Views)

GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out / Customers Cry Foul Over Harassment By Mobile Money Lenders / Fidelity Bank Owerri Customers Cry For Help, Storm Banking Hall (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"First Bank Is A Joke!" Disgruntled Customers Cry Out by 5nlock: 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2017
It turns out that this past week, FIRST BANK froze accounts - without WARNING, NOTIFICATION or a MEMO shocked shocked shocked
This action has left many customers stranded...as resolving the issue it not an easy task for many (especially students).

Customers has taken to social media to complain as this act has left them stranded.

A customer gave his own narrative below: CLICK THIS LINK to see main post + other customer comments > https://web.facebook.com/IamAnosike/posts/1483902911691543
**********************************************************************************************************
FIRST BANK'S JOKE OF THE MONTH���� - if you missed it, Good for you
================================================
DATE: 30/10/2017
AS AT THE TIME OF TYPING THIS,
I'm STARING at the faces of everyone around me. Nobody's Smiling.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited just put up a joke...a cruel one�

A young father is complaining to CUSTOMER CARE about how he needs 150k for his son's operation at UPTH. The money is right there in his account, but he cannot access his funds (account frozen without any notification).���

A female student is also weeping right now. She needs to withdraw money for an application that is expiring today. The money just got paid into her account, but she cannot access it too. (account frozen without any notification)���

I'm standing here on this queue, reminiscing about how First Bank of Nigeria Limited ruined my weekend...and here they are about to ruin this new week for me again.

***How did this JOKE start for me? lemme take you back***

Imagine this.

You wake up on a Thursday morning and realize that you're almost cashless. You make your way to an ATM and attempt a withdrawal with your FIRST BANK ATM card...but alas, you're greeted with the message, "INVALID TRANSACTION CONTACT YOUR BANK."���

Now you're not too unsettled about this. "This is probably first bank and their ATM card network wahala...." ...You think.
It's normal. Every Loyal Customer of the bank know that they have this issue all the time, but we forgive them!���

You try later that same day at different ATMs. And the same response. Now you're worried...because not only can you NOT withdraw, you also cannot transfer your funds. But depositing and checking balances is NOT A PROBLEM�
(funny)

The next morning (Friday) you make your way to the bank where practically EVERYONE you know who has a First Bank account is present.
It is like a FIRST BANK ACCOUNT HOLDERS GET-TOGETHER, only this time they're complaining....bitterly.
It is the weekend. They need urgent cash to settle a bill, a fee, their rent or at least flex the weekend. The money is in their accounts but they cannot withdraw.
ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN FROZEN!
(No Notifications. No Memos. No Deadlines..Nada).

...and It's MONTH-END already. A wrong time for a 'Trusted' bank to drop this kind of cruel joke. Don't you think?��
The bankers then tell you a story about CBN, and how they mandated banks to upgrade Students' accounts to Generic Savings IF THE ACCOUNT OWNERS are more than 24 years.

"But there was no notification." Everyone is saying.

*As at the time of writing this, countless students are stranded at First Bank of Nigeria Limited CHOBA BRANCH���... (me sef, i'm preparing to trek back home)*
"A voter's card, national id card OR Driver's license along with a utility bill are the requirements for UN-freezing your accounts." says the Manager.

But here's the funniest part of THE JOKE���
Voters'Card registration cannot be done anytime soon - I went to the office. Was asked to come back NEXT MONTH.
National I.D cards in my country are NOT issued in 1 day.
I went to their office too. Was given a temporary slip (to work with) UNTIL THE CARD IS READY.
*The Bank rejected the slip too. They want a CARD - that'll take centuries*

...I'M still staring at the faces of everyone here...and apparently NOBODY GETS the joke.
They're probably mislead by the first bank banner which has a 'YOU FIRST' inscription written on it�
FIRST BANK IS THE JOKE!

- By, A Disgruntled First Bank Customer

Re: "First Bank Is A Joke!" Disgruntled Customers Cry Out by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
Bank account relocation on my mind....

1 Like

Re: "First Bank Is A Joke!" Disgruntled Customers Cry Out by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
Freezer as in Mavros

Na so MMM freeze my Mavro.

FirstBank wan freeze my remaining 8 naira abi?

Wehdone
Re: "First Bank Is A Joke!" Disgruntled Customers Cry Out by otokx(m): 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
It is a terrible thing, banks are really terrorizing their customers, was at diamond bank Rumokoro, PortHarcourt, the other day with a friend and they insisted on an ID which we presented the temporal voters card and then they said they can't use it. We should come back when we have international passport.

1 Like

Re: "First Bank Is A Joke!" Disgruntled Customers Cry Out by 5nlock: 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
otokx:
It is a terrible thing, banks are really terrorizing their customers, was at diamond bank Rumokoro, PortHarcourt, the other day with a friend and they insisted on an ID which we presented the temporal voters card and then they said they can't use it. We should come back when we have international passport.

Just imagine! angry angry angry

they should just tell us that need the money to do something, instead of frustrating people.

(1) (Reply)

Bank Worker Needed For Job Placement / I Need An Advice On How To Start An Escrow Business. / How To Overcome Stage Fright

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.