Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? (1072 Views)

Google Adsense Not Showing Again In My Blog - Did You Noticed It? / How Can Visitors Download Mp3 Music Files From My Blog? / Web Masters Help Me Review My Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 11:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
Am not a professional, just something to keep myself busy sometime.
Your criticism and suggestion on how to improve is highly welcomed
http://outravelandtour.com

You can also share your travel experience with us if you wish.
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 1:56am On Nov 06, 2017
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2017
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by hostkobo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2017
OyiboUgbo04:
Am not a professional, just something to keep myself busy sometime.
Your criticism and suggestion on how to improve is highly welcomed
http://outravelandtour.com

You can also share your travel experience with us if you wish.

Hi there,

I have a couple of comments:

1) your domain name is not so tongue friendly:
It sounds:
- Out ravel and tour - which doesnt flow with your travel niche
- Ou travel and tour - which means nothing

Meanwhile: outtravelandtour.com would be tongue twisting.

For example, these two domains:
- ourtravelandtour.com .... our travel and tour
- ourtravelandtours.com ..... our travel and tours

are more tongue-friendly, easily pronounced and better remembered.

2) because your domain is not easily pronounced, they would rank lower than a similar better-pronounced domain name.

For example:

The domains - ourtravelandtour.com or ourtravelandtours.com are still available, unregistered as of this writing.

If I register domain name: ourtravelandtour.com, host it, and if I begin to copy paste all your content exactly into this new site, it will rank first before yours on google, even with the minimum or default seo settings.

So you see, choosing a good domain name is a key to your website's success.

3) I want to believe you have not visited all those places you published articles about....... well, for the places you have visited, you can mention that you were there firsthand, and for other information you researched about online, you can give credit to whom credit is due.

regards,
HK

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 7:57am On Nov 18, 2017
hostkobo:

Hi there,

It sounds:

2) because your domain is not easily pronounced, they would rank lower than a similar better-pronounced domain name.

For example:

The domains - ourtravelandtour.com or ourtravelandtours.com are still available, unregistered as of this writing.

If I register domain name: ourtravelandtour.com, host it, and if I begin to copy paste all your content exactly into this new site, it will rank first before yours on google, even with the minimum or default seo settings.

3) I want to believe you have not visited all those places you published articles about....... well, for the places you have visited, you can mention that you were there firsthand, and for other information you researched about online, you can give credit to whom credit is due.

regards,
HK

Thanks a lot.. i really appreciate, never looked at it that way, i used that ou because of my name, they are the first two letters of my name but i will look into it. about visiting the places i write about, i have visited a lot of them but most of my contents comes from people too especially in attractions and guest corner.

Thanks once again.
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by Finstar: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2017
hostkobo:

Hi there,

It sounds:

For example:

regards,
HK

In this age, whether your domain name is friendly to the tongue or not, it doesn't matter. If you do your seo homework, you'll rank higher than sites with mouth watering domain name. Seo and content remains king in this age. If you research further, you'll discover that google no longer pay attention to domain name, as to whether it contains your target keywords or not.. Change is inevitable.

Having a friendly domain name is good, especially for branding.. But it is not a criteria for success.
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by MicNz(m): 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
I'm here to learn from the web masters.
You can review mine too

www.crownstarblog.com
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Finstar:

In this age, whether your domain name is friendly to the tongue or not, it doesn't matter. If you do your seo homework, you'll rank higher than sites with mouth watering domain name. Seo and content remains king in this age. If you research further, you'll discover that google no longer pay attention to domain name, as to whether it contains your target keywords or not.. Change is inevitable.

Having a friendly domain name is good, especially for branding.. But it is not a criteria for success.

Thanks brother, i all do what ever is necessary to improve.
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
8 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cross River This December

http://outravelandtour.com/8-reasons-visit-cross-river-december/
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by Kingsley121(m): 12:35am On Nov 26, 2017
Mine too
Lionsforum.com.ng
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 12:15am On Dec 26, 2017
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 12:16am On Dec 26, 2017
5 Ideal Place To Hangout and have fun With your kids in Abuja this Christmas

http://outravelandtour.com/5-ideal-place-hangout-fun-kids-abuja-christmas/
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 26, 2017
Finstar:

Domain name friendliness isn't a seo factor any more. But for branding purposes, it's still recommended.
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2017
questechie:

I concur! Domain name friendliness isn't a seo factor any more. But for branding purposes, it's still recommended.

But is it not kind of too late, is there anyway i can change it without registering a new domain and redirecting the old domain and the posts to the new one?
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
About yesterday at Aguleri ovala festival.

http://outravelandtour.com/2018-ovala-festival-aguleri/
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2018
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2018
Re: What Do You Think Of My Blog Webmasters? by OyiboUgbo04: 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
The capital city of Nigeria, Abuja ”Centre of Unity”

http://outravelandtour.com/capital-city-nigeria-abuja-centre-unity/

Most visited tourist sites in each state of the south east

http://outravelandtour.com/visited-tourist-sites-state-south-east/

(1) (Reply)

Experience 99.95% Uptime And Have Easy Access To Your Website Now!!! / UK Adsense For Sale For #5k Only / Are You Having SEO Issues On Your Website? Come In Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.