Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" (553 Views)

Two Creation Stories In The Book Of genesis / Why Scientist Never Look At Creation Stories/myths? / Islam Is Full Of Fables And Not From G-D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" by Niflheim(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2017
But who would have known? Surely my mummy told me the same bible stories when I was barely a baby, eating cookies and drinking warm milk while sitting on her lap? cry cry cry cry cry

So the talking snake is not real? grin grin grin grin grin

But surely the caveman who wrote the bible and had no access to toilet roll, should know more than the modern day cosmologists with their expensive satellites and their super advanced computers?!!! I smell a conspiracy!!! angry angry angry angry angry

FULL STORY:

Those of us who study religion have known that the Bible’s creation narrative isn’t a factual account for quite some time, especially considering the ample evidence revealing parts of it were lifted from Mesopotamian myths, but now that has been confirmed a top Israeli newspaper. Haaretz, the longest running newspaper currently in print in Israel, said “evidence backing the Bible remains elusive” despite an in-depth investigation into the matter. The paper said researchers feverishly searched for evidence with “Scripture in one hand and cutting-edge technology in the other.”

While the article is behind a paywall, the paper compared various accounts from the Bible, like the story in Exodus, and “dismisses them all as fables,” according to Newsweek. Most notably, the paper said “no evidence of the events described in the Book of Genesis has ever been found.”

"No city walls have been found at Jericho, from the appropriate era, that could have been toppled by Joshua or otherwise. The stone palace uncovered at the foot of Temple Mount in Jerusalem could attest that King David had been there; or it might belong to another era entirely, depending who you ask."

Of course, for most of us, this is old news. Most literal interpretations of the Bible fail to line up with history and science, and Creation myths are no exception.

But it’s nice to have that confirmed by sources that would typically side with religion, especially when much of the world is falling into the trap of Young Earth Creationism, even trying to push it in public schools.

Newsweek says Young Earth Creationism “directly fails science’s demands for coherence and hypothesis testing.”

The mounting evidence against the Bible means fewer Americans than ever before are trusting scripture as gospel. Only 35 percent of Americans read the holy book at least once a week, while 45 percent seldom or never do, a Pew Research Center report in April found. About 36 percent of Christians said the Bible should not be taken literally, while 40 percent say it is the word of God. In all, only 24 percent of Americans said the holy book was “the actual word of God, and is to be taken literally, word for word,” a Gallup poll conducted in May concluded.

“This is the first time in Gallup’s four-decade trend that biblical literalism has not surpassed biblical skepticism. Meanwhile, about half of Americans — a proportion largely unchanged over the years — fall in the middle, saying the Bible is the inspired word of God but that not all of it should be taken literally,” the poll said.

This is the best thing about the Age of Information. As Haaretz and others investigate the Bible’s claims and find them lacking substance, those results are more easily accessed by everyday people. Those people, after enough of this critical exposure, are seeing that holy books don’t give literal interpretations of the world. And since most harm by religion comes from rigid fundamentalist beliefs, this is something that will help us all in the long run.

The link:....................................................http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/10/31/top-israeli-newspaper-agrees-biblical-creation-stories-are-just-fables/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" by dalaman: 11:12am On Nov 01, 2017
It doesn't matter. Many people that are christians or Jews already know that many of the stories recorded inside the bible are false and have since used allegory as their excuse.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" by sparklezeee: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2017
interesting
Re: Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" by NPComplete: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2017
Everybody knows this. Only fundamentalist Christians seek a literal interpretation of the bible.
I do believe in some part of the bible. And I take them for the allegory they are. Just mostly Jewish folktales with sound wisdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" by purem(m): 11:40am On Nov 01, 2017
ORTHODOX OF MANMADE

walking into theology is a journey to a complicated life
Re: Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" by hahn(m): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2017
Please op stop spoiling the market of patorpreneurs especially now that I am planning on becoming one myself

Wait make I buy my private jet first grin

3 Likes

Re: Top Israeli Newspaer: "Bible Creation Stories Are Just Fables!!!" by Martinez19(m): 12:43am On Nov 03, 2017
hahn:
Please op stop spoiling the market of patorpreneurs especially now that I am planning on becoming one myself

Wait make I buy my private jet first grin
Pastor Hahn. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(fri. 15/12/2017) Good From Evil / Misery, God Or Devil / Deeperlife Annual December Retreat (22-25) December 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.