Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please (4736 Views)

Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? / Why Are Most Young Married Ladies No Longer Wearing Their Wedding Ring? / Married Men, Can You Tolerate This? And Married Ladies Are You All The Same? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Forestgreen: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2017
I am a married man with a job in the financial sector. My wife also works too. I decided to put this here because I want married ladies/mum to comment on this and advise me if I'm going overboard.
we have been married for over three years now and have a little son whom I adore do much. My wife has never really loved the act of love making. she is never really an initiator in matters like this. I have the one to always initiate the move and this is quite exasperating. was we manage to get down to the act, she responds warmly.
Before we got married, I noticed she doesn't really like sex. I'm a guy that enjoys stuffs like that- romance, intimacy and the whole baggages. initially I thought it was just because we were still courting and she didn't want to let go completely so I thought she would finally relax when we get married, but I was wrong.
fast forward to present time. our baby is almost eight months old and we have not done it. she keep giving one excuse about us having to wait for her to heal properly ( she delivered through C. section). sometimes,it's just that she is not in the mood. during the pregnancy, we did it just once. not because she wanted it but because some old woman somewhere adviced her that it will ease labor and delivery.
Now I'm looking down into the future wondering if this is how bleak its gonna be for me sex-wise. she is probably waiting for our baby's one year birthday for me to come and do my conjugal right and impregnate her again then we go back to the status quo. I have talked to her before about this and she just mentioned casually that I am free to go out and satisfy myself. I'm a man that love intimacy and sex. Sometimes, I missed my past affairs. The cuddling, intimacy and the real deal. My wife doesn't care about all these. it's just like I'm living with a room mate and the matter is getting worse.
Ladies in the house, sorry for this long epistle, but I'm I demanding for sex too soon(8 month after she put to bed)? what do you advice I do.
Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by greatnaija01: 11:25am On Nov 01, 2017
in my case it was her parents and church counselors i reported to o. AND IT WORKED.

7 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2017
Oga, I'm not a married woman nor a mother but I think my input shouldn't be strictly based on these your criteria.

Actually, your wife has a low sex-drive and there are tones of things you could both engage in to arouse her interest in sex 'cause whether she likes it or not; sex is an integral part of any union if it must survive. That being said, you're overreacting since she had a C-section. You should give her time to heal very well 'cause sex when the wound hasn't heal properly could cause an eruption. Ask her doctor when they think it's ok for her to have sex. Talk to her about what you don't like about her sex life I guess she will adjust with time.
Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 01, 2017
To your wife: From this epistle, it's obvious your man really loves you. And you tell him that "he is free to go out and satisfy himself". Can you beat that! Woman go and please your husband o before all these young hawks out there grab him.
Wats with ladies sef?

If u are not in the mood, or because of CS, there are a million ways of pleasing your man till you are in the mood and he will not complain.
Don't make him remember the past.

People wey get nyash no sabi sit

6 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Forestgreen: 11:37am On Nov 01, 2017
greatnaija01:
in my case it was her parents and church counselors i reported to o. AND IT WORKED.
I wish I can do that but I'm a private person. secondly, my pastor is too free with his mouth sometimes

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by LadySarah: 11:41am On Nov 01, 2017
Nope, you are not wrong.My problem is that you saw the signs during courtship but didnt do anything abt it.My dear,what you didnt change before marriage may never be changed after marriage.I hate partners denying each other their conjugal rights...
since you have spoken with her and shes not doing anything,call her parents or your marriage counsellor or her bestie(married oneooo).
Goodluck dear,a lot of women and sex are like pareallel llines,they never meet most especially after childbirth

2 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Forestgreen: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:
Oga, I'm not a married woman nor a mother but I think my input shouldn't be strictly based on these your criteria.

Actually, your wife has a low sex-drive and there are tones of things you could both engage in to arouse her interest in sex 'cause whether she likes it or not; sex is an integral part of any union if it must survive. That being said, you're overreacting since she had a C-section. You should give her time to heal very well 'cause sex when the wound hasn't heal properly could cause an eruption. Ask her doctor when they think it's ok for her to have sex. Talk to her about what you don't like about her sex life I guess she will adjust with time.
there was a reason why I specified those criteria. firstly, I want mum's with real experience to share at what time they got back into active sex after child birth.
I have done my research online (mom center) and most female respondents said six weeks as suggested by their care giver. I want to know what naija mum's here will say.
matter of fact, I'm not even disturbing here anymore.
tnx for your response

2 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2017
Forestgreen:

there was a reason why I specified those criteria. firstly, I want mum's with real experience to share at what time they got back into active sex after child birth.
I have done my research online (mom center) and most female respondents said six weeks as suggested by their care giver. I want to know what naija mum's here will say.
matter of fact, I'm not even disturbing here anymore.
tnx for your response
She didn't just put to bed, she had a C-section. Did you also google that?.
Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by emilyone(f): 11:50am On Nov 01, 2017
That's why its always good to marry your kind of person.

Never assume
Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Forestgreen: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:

i did just that. 7 months is enough time to heal from research online. Im a very considerate person and will never put anyone in harm's way.

2 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by greatnaija01: 12:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
Bro... is there no Marriage counselor who handled you both before marriage? was there no marriage class?

Forestgreen:

I wish I can do that but I'm a private person. secondly, my pastor is too free with his mouth sometimes

1 Like

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Prognose: 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:

For your info
A c/s takes about six weeks to heal completely. 2 months if there are other issues.

She is well past using the c/s as an excuse not to have sex.

LadySarah:
Nope, you are not wrong.My problem is that you saw the signs during courtship but didnt do anything abt it.My dear,what you didnt change before marriage may never be changed after marriage.I hate partners denying each other their conjugal rights...
since you have spoken with her and shes not doing anything,call her parents or your marriage counsellor or her bestie(married oneooo).
Goodluck dear,a lot of women and sex are like pareallel llines,they never hardly ever meet most especially after childbirth
The bolded is as true as it gets. For most ladies (and their unlucky husbands) anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Forestgreen: 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
greatnaija01:
Bro... is there no Marriage counselor who handled you both before marriage? was there no marriage class?

there actually was a marriage class and a counselor. it feels queer meeting him over issues like this but I think I will give it a shot. tnx Bro

2 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by greatnaija01: 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
you welcome bro... cos its wise NEVER to bring friends or her friends into the matter o..... BUT counselors will be professional about it. Merry Christmas in Advance bro.

Forestgreen:

there actually was a marriage class and a counselor. it feels queer meeting him over issues like this but I think I will give it a shot. tnx Bro
Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Prognose: 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
Forestgreen:

i did just that. 7 months is enough time to heal from research online. Im a very considerate person and will never put anyone in harm's way.

7 months is the earliest time given to try out for another kid after having c/s. Not sex.

The truth is, she was not too into sex before you married her, how much more now that she's had a baby and running around trying to take care of it, the sleepless nights, etc. Even ladies with roaring libidos before marriage normally have a decline in sex drive afterwards talkless of one who wasn't showing much interest before. Caring for the baby itself can be quite stressful and it takes a woman who really enjoys sex to want to get back into bed with you after settling the kid.

However you're a man not a robot and you have needs as well.

I advise you to get someone else to talk to her. That could help a lot. Also be patient, don't give up. Continue the romantic stuff. I doubt she'll ever be able to meet up to your level of sexual desire but there's room for improvement sexually on her part.

3 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by coolcatty: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hahahaha

Guy calm down... You are not alone... Trust me.. So many good girls don't really like seeex like that.... It gets worse once they give birth.... They tend to lose interest in seeex and their husband and dedicate all their time and energy to their kids....... So relax.

We discussed this issue in my office one time like that and discovered that so many men are going thru this same issue of seexual apathy from their wives.

Try and enjoy urself outside... Pls be so so careful not to ever get caught... Always respect and honor your woman by following these rules:

1)NEVER ever bring a woman home

2)Never ever cheat on ur wife with a woman that stays close to ur place.. E.g have chics that stay on the mainland if you live on the island

3)Never deny your wife of love, affection, money and attention because of a side chic

4)Get a young girl that is not ready to get married or one in a serious relationship.... Those ones are in it with you just for fun and will never get jealous or hook with pregnancy.

5)And lastly... Always wear a condom... Don't go and give ur wife disease abeg.

Enjoy ur life bro... It's meant to be lived once... Heaven or hell is not guaranteed.. So enjoy this one that you currently have.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Agbaletu: 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:

She is free to have sex after 6 - 8 weeks but 7 months after C-section to try another pregnancy.
Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2017
Dear OP,

When it comes to sex issues (in marriage), let's always have it in mind that
1.Not all men have raging libidos.
2.Not all women have non-existent libidos.
3.There are people (male/female) who are in-between.
4.There are people whose own libido isn't on the chart at all.
5. All these classes of people will be matched with lucky compatible spouses or unlucky incompatible spouses (case study of you and your darling wife)

For people like you had sex during courtship, you're encouraged to marry someone who has same sexual urge as you. Your wife never liked sex, she most likely won't start now, coupled with the expected (natural) decline. To me, getting someone professional to talk to her is nice if it's a case of: -Past traumatic sexual experience.
-A medical condition.
-Is it about you? Your look (Women are visual beings too) or how you make love to her?
-She's suffering from post partum depression.
I know few friends who couldn't get over their CS experience and dreaded sex for a long time. They all never told their husbands 'bout it _they left the innocent man wondering.

DON'T LET IN A THIRD PARTY RELATED TO EITHER OF YOU. They will give her those talks that'll make her see it more as CHORE and start spreading her legs for you, you won't enjoy the sex. See a PROFESSIONAL THERAPIST. The cause of her situation would be ascertained, let's hope it can be remedied.

After that, what you do about it is up to you.
Whatever you do while fixing yourself, please note she didn't really mislead you. I hope you'll be okay with her doing same if tables turn wink.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
I'm not married and don't have kids. But my 2 cents anyway.....

Since you noticed this during your courtship, there're underlying issues that need to be resolved and/or communicated. I hope you don't have the intention of going out and satisfying yourself, as she has told you to, but at the same time I won't judge if you do. If you can exercise more patience until she changes that would be best. Remember your vows... "for better or worse....".
Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Olababymee: 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
coolcatty:
Hahahaha

Guy calm down... You are not alone... Trust me.. So many good girls don't really like seeex like that.... It gets worse once they give birth.... They tend to lose interest in seeex and their husband and dedicate all their time and energy to their kids....... So relax.

We discussed this issue in my office one time like that and discovered that so many men are going thru this same issue of seexual apathy from their wives.

Try and enjoy urself outside... Pls be so so careful not to ever get caught... Always respect and honor your woman by following these rules:

2)Never ever cheat on ur wife with a woman that stays close to ur place.. E.g have chics that stay on the mainland if you live on the island

3)Never deny your wife of love, affection, money and attention because of a side chic

4)Get a young girl that is not ready to get married or one in a serious relationship.... Those ones are in it with you just for fun and will never get jealous or hook with pregnancy.

Enjoy ur life bro... It's meant to be lived once... Heaven or hell is not guaranteed.. So enjoy this one that you currently have.

Wow. This advice though undecided shocked
Please Op don't let anyone help you wreck your home.

What your wife is going through happens to a good number of women and I personally know a number of them that have gone ahead to have satisfying sex lives afterwards.

However, you and your wife need to see a Marriage/Sex Counsellor. I hope she agrees to.

You can check out @olawunmiesan on Twitter or www.olawunmiesan.com and make contact.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by TheArchangel(f): 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:
awhat the hell is this. What do you mean that she didn't put to be bed? Even with the caveat before your first post you seem to know a whole lots of erroneous info about marriage and copulation. What da Bleep

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by coolcatty: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
Olababymee:

What your wife is going through happens to a good number of women and I personally know a number of them that have gone ahead to have satisfying sex lives afterwards.

However, you and your wife need to see a Marriage/Sex Counsellor. I hope she agrees to.

You can check out @olawunmiesan on Twitter or www.olawunmiesan.com and make contact.

What's wrong with my advice?

And what makes you think the people you referred to enjoy a good sexual life?...

Na u know....

4 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by TheArchangel(f): 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
coolcatty:
Hahahaha

Oh fvck. I just broke a leg running from this sh!t.

1 Like

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by coolcatty: 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
TheArchangel:
Oh fvck. I just broke a leg running from this sh!t.

Ehyah.... Sorry dear

1 Like

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
TheArchangel:
awhat the hell is this. What do you mean that she didn't put to be bed? Even with the caveat before your first post you seem to know a whole lots of erroneous info about marriage and copulation. What da Bleep
Is English language that difficult for some people?.

1 Like

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
Olababymee:

God bless you
Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by preciousan(f): 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
LadySarah:
Goodluck dear,a lot of women and sex are like pareallel llines,they never meet most especially after childbirth
Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Ishilove: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
coolcatty:

Hian.

3 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by LadySarah: 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2017
MilitaryControl:

What will her parents or bestie do about it?

Care to explain?

Telling your marriage counsellor or parents or her bestie to advise her is not bodyshaming.

1 Like

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please by elektra(f): 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
Has your wife ever had an orgasm?
Is her sexual satisfaction an important focus in your sex life?

I’m speaking for myself here. I love an orgasm. I also love the journey to an orgasm. I am reluctant to engage in any sexual activities that do not have an orgasm as the goal, even if I enjoy it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Father's Day: FatherHood Is A Blessing / Pics Of The Uncompleted Building I Stay In / World's Weirdest Ever Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.