Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,846 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. (2728 Views)

Pls Interprete Scan Data 07 RX350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hello intelligent guruz... I use Honda accord 2000 v4....so.. I was playing with my car scanner and I got these data I can't really Inteprete thou I try to learn from this house... Please guruz.. Help interprete these data...

Pics below..

Cc..gazzuzz, mayor123, nurey, honmusa, obiekemondautos, cardoctor, timifakay, autologic, chukel, kingreign, egunmojaji, and other guruz...
Thanks house..
NB...i used torque pro

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2017
There are terms like timing advance.. I don't know what it means.. Also.. Terms like throttle position.. Intake psi.. And lots more.. I need to know please.. Below are screenshots of more live data and freeze frame data obtained using piston app.. Thanks for your anticipated input..

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
Please guruz.. Help analyse the values of my 02 sensors.. I scanned a friends car and his values were above 1%..but mine are below 1%..
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2017
Diportivo come in here o...and bring your squad
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by timifakay(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
captainking:
Hello intelligent guruz... I use Honda accord 2000 v4....so.. I was playing with my car scanner and I got these data I can't really Inteprete thou I try to learn from this house... Please guruz.. Help interprete these data...

Pics below..

Cc..gazzuzz, mayor123, nurey, honmusa, obiekemondautos, cardoctor, timifakay, autologic, chukel, kingreign, egunmojaji, and other guruz...
Thanks house..
NB...i used torque pro

To get fault codes:
Press that circle by the lower left then press fault codes on the list that follows.
That's when you vehicle will be scanned for DTCs
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
Mayor2013 and costee. Are you there...
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2017
timifakay:

To get fault codes:
Press that circle by the lower left then press fault codes on the list that follows.
That's when you vehicle will be scanned for DTCs
i scanned it and it threw a code... Thou I know the codes ain't complete cos I cleared it days ago and haven't driven the car since then for it to throw back the codes.. But all the codes it threw were oxygen sensor related.. It threw about 2 codes..
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by nurey(m): 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
captainking:
i scanned it and it threw a code... Thou I know the codes ain't complete cos I cleared it days ago and haven't driven the car since then for it to throw back the codes.. But all the codes it threw were oxygen sensor related.. It threw about 2 codes..

Cc honmusa, autologic

As for me, I can't interpret live data
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by Readonee35L(m): 8:56pm On Nov 01, 2017
Some gurus here na olodo.
They can't interpret real time data.

They can only Google search Cel and ecu stored codes.
Lol...
Don't expect much response on this thread.

Them go dodge the thread like the plague. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by autologic: 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
No analysis can be made here cos this is a set static data at a particular instance or condition. The conditions need to be varied to make analytical sense out of the whole array of dynamic data eg idle condition ,acceleration, deceleration, addition of fuel ,removal of fuel etc . Beside it is only the set of scandata pid that is relevant to the issue suspected that the focus will be not some random pid and who determine what pid the spotlight will be on is the technicians that is involve in troubleshooting and the capability of the scan tool to give out the needed pid !
Since the op alreay made mention of O2 sensor issue them the set of pid that the focus will be should be the fuel trims(O value) ! Fuel system type (absent) ,fuel injection (absent) etc .
I advice that you make use of professional scan tool
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by mayor2013: 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2017
Would advice if you want real actual values use a professional scan tool. I can't even see values for LTFT(long term fuel trim) and STFT (short term fuel trim)
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by mayor2013: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
Readonee35L:

Lol...

Did you do any better undecided

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2017
nurey:

Cc honmusa, autologic

As for me, I can't interpret live data
Wow.. I tot u cud Ooo...thanks for the effort bro
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
Readonee35L:

Lol...

Haahhaha... Thors hammer abi...i dey expect many replies ooo
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
autologic:
No analysis can be made here cos this is a set static data at a particular instance or condition. The conditions need to be varied to make analytical sense out of the whole array of dynamic data eg idle condition ,acceleration, deceleration, addition of fuel ,removal of fuel etc . Beside it is only the set of scandata pid that is relevant to the issue suspected that the focus will be not some random pid and who determine what pid the spotlight will be on is the technicians that is involve in troubleshooting and the capability of the scan tool to give out the needed pid !
Since the op alreay made mention of O2 sensor issue them the set of pid that the focus will be should be the fuel trims(O value) ! Fuel system type (absent) ,fuel injection (absent) etc .
I advice that you make use of professional scan tool
Wow.. Robust response. Thanks boss.. I don't have the kinda scanner you speak of.. Perhaps I would note your office for this..
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2017
mayor2013:
Would advice if you want real actual values use a professional scan tool. I can't even see values for LTFT(long term fuel trim) and STFT (short term fuel trim)

Hummmm.. Oga boss.. You dey my backyard nah..maybe na you go help me out o..thanks boss...
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by Readonee35L(m): 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2017
mayor2013:

Did you do any better undecided
Did I claim to be a guru.
Or you see my workshop address for my signature grin

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by mayor2013: 11:20pm On Nov 01, 2017
Readonee35L:

Did I claim to be a guru.
Or you see my workshop address for my signature grin

Hehehehe. Next time be the spectator grin

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:29am On Nov 02, 2017
captainking:

Pics below..

Thanks house..
NB...i used torque pro
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 5:51am On Nov 02, 2017
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by olaboy1: 6:06am On Nov 02, 2017
Try and find out the required temperature your car should be. I think 85 degrees should be the temp when fully warmed, so your 70 degrees is number one suspect before oxygen sensor. Change thermostat first and if it still doesn’t work then change engine coolant temperature sensor or if you have the money just change both at once.
When I changed mine there was a very big difference in MPG, also clean your MAF sensor thoroughly, find YouTube videos on how to thoroughly clean a MAF.

As for your fuel trims, the only way to know if they are working and not just static is to raise your RPM at 1500 and 2500 to see if your STFT will change, it should change under normal circumstances because you are adding load by raising your RPM.

I hope I have been able to help in my little understanding since I’m not a mechanic.

OP Make I borrow small space from your thread, does any car guru in the house know much about in tank fuel filter for Toyota engine 1AZ-FE, some say I don’t ever need to change it which I doubt. I need help on this as I read this could cause engine lean condition.

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:14am On Nov 02, 2017
there is only one person I know who can read and interprete live data.......
cc honmusa

1 Im a diy guy with experience in very few brands.... Toyota inclusive

2 its not obiekediamondautos Lolz, check again.

3 I'm not really into Honda

but nonetheless, ur car hasn't reached optimu. temp from the readings, ur ignition timing advance is OK considering ur car is at idle,
The following are known good voltages for air-fuel sensors compiled over the last few years: 3.3 V (Toyota), 2.8 V (Honda), 1.9 V (Hyundai), 2.44 V (Subaru), 1.47 V (Nissan), after vehicle has reached operating temp.

don't bother too much about ignition timing, its. complicated to understand than to set. it simply is the timing of the spark in the combustion chamber for efficiency..... when the spark is introduced just before the piston reaches top dead center so that it can comp!etely burn the fuel inside. the concept is still dicey to me but It easier to set.

since ur o2 sensors are generating volts I think the pid would indicate that the volts are below spec

also u need to move the vehicle around for like 50blocks to generate stft and ltft
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:26am On Nov 02, 2017
olaboy1:
Try and find out the required temperature your car should be. I think 85 degrees should be the temp when fully warmed, so your 70 degrees is number one suspect before oxygen sensor. Change thermostat first and if it still doesn’t work then change engine coolant temperature sensor or if you have the money just change both at once.
When I changed mine there was a very big difference in MPG, also clean your MAF sensor thoroughly, find YouTube videos on how to thoroughly clean a MAF.

As for your fuel trims, the only way to know if they are working and not just static is to raise your RPM at 1500 and 2500 to see if your STFT will change, it should change under normal circumstances because you are adding load by raising your RPM.

I hope I have been able to help in my little understanding since I’m not a mechanic.

OP Make I borrow small space from your thread, does any car guru in the house know much about in tank fuel filter for Toyota engine 1AZ-FE, some say I don’t ever need to change it which I doubt. I need help on this as I read this could cause engine lean condition.

u probably don't need to change it, it is a serviceable part. but don't go running on reserve always cos it will clog it and in turn the pump and the ripple effect goes on to the injectors. also hope the vehicle is not so old cos we tend to overdo things..

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by Kashif(m): 7:00am On Nov 02, 2017
You were playing with your scanner, so you are inviting us to come play with you? Well, let me finish my home work first. grin

But really, nothing to interpret. Your scanner is DIY, and there is no specified diagnostic target.
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2017
you are being lazy to do simple analysis

most are self explanatory

eg throttle position was 10% measurement goes to last digit which 100%

revs you should know if you dont stop driving

coolant/water temperature

etc

those measurement are useless are you are comparing them with manufactures data or data from part manufacturer

as for 02 sensor number no two cars can have the same exact readings even when the part is working fine

why are you comparing your friends reading and yours ?

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by diportivo: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2017
captainking:
Diportivo come in here o...and bring your squad

the squad had to be in abuja for FEC meeting....sorry bro

our esteemed (gu)gurus have said u shld ditch dis ur playboy mansion scanner, get a pro scanner,drive to owerri and back if u want anything to be read

when u get to okija,holla me grin

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by Alvin007: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2017
Op...I'm also a DIY guy, but I think these readings are self explanatory...regarding your STFT(Short fuel trim), it should fluctuate between +/- 10...when you get double digits, there's a problem...the positive readings posit a rich mixture, while the negative reading connotes a lean mixture...you should note that the LTFT...(Long fuel trim) is what the ecm saves over time, from the readings of the short fuel trim..(STFT)...during a lean mixture, the ecm tells the engine to pour in more fuel for optimum combustion, while, during a rich mixture, fuel is reduced...also note that, the readings from the 02(oxygen) sensors are responsible for the STFT and LTFT...on a 14:7:1 ratio..(air/fuel ratio)...there's so much to explain here...besides your vehicle is on idle...drive and monitor how your o2 sensors flunctuate, as well as your STFT and LTFT...via 'Live data' on your scanner and post pictures.

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by Alvin007: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2017
Op...regarding the pics of the o2 sensor readings you posted here...it looks ok...provided the downstream o2 sensor(o2 sensor 2) doesn't switch readings as frequently as the o2 sensor 1(exhaust manifold sensor)..in the case of your car...while on idle..it's normal for both of them to switch readings intermittently while your vehicle moves...but, on idle, the downstream sensor should change less frequently, while the sensor 1 switches more often...
If both switch at the same rate while your car is on idle, it means you have a catalyst issue..I'm not sure your car uses a mass air flow sensor.

1 Like

Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 11:16am On Nov 02, 2017
diportivo:

the squad had to be in abuja for FEC meeting....sorry bro

our esteemed (gu)gurus have said u shld ditch dis ur playboy mansion scanner, get a pro scanner,drive to owerri and back if u want anything to be read

when u get to okija,holla me grin
Haahhaahaha... Well said...and humorous too.. Thanks boss..
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2017
olaboy1:

thanks a lot boss.. I learnt a lot from this... Cheers
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2017
Alvin007:
Op...regarding the pics of the o2 sensor readings you posted here...it looks ok...provided the downstream o2 sensor(o2 sensor 2) doesn't switch readings as frequently as the o2 sensor 1(exhaust manifold sensor)..in the case of your car...while on idle..it's normal for both of them to switch readings intermittently while your vehicle moves...but, on idle, the downstream sensor should change less frequently, while the sensor 1 switches more often...
If both switch at the same rate while your car is on idle, it means you have a catalyst issue..I'm not sure your car uses a mass air flow sensor.
i don't even know if it uses the maf sensor.. But I would find out.. Thanks a lot bro.. You have educated a brother.
Re: Car Guruz.. Please Help Interprete These Data.. by captainking(m): 11:23am On Nov 02, 2017
ZIMDRILL:
you are being lazy to do simple analysis

most are self explanatory

eg throttle position was 10% measurement goes to last digit which 100%

revs you should know if you dont stop driving

coolant/water temperature

etc

those measurement are useless are you are comparing them with manufactures data or data from part manufacturer

as for 02 sensor number no two cars can have the same exact readings even when the part is working fine

why are you comparing your friends reading and yours ?
I know some of them but not sure what they really mean.. Thanks a lot for the enlightenment... It was fulfilling.. Erm..am trying to compare mine with manufacturers specs..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus / Oil Change From Mobil 1 5w30 To Any Other Good Synthetic Oil . / QUIZ!!! For The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.