Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Tokunboh Or New Tyres, Whats Ur Experience?. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Tokunboh Or New Tyres, Whats Ur Experience?. (814 Views)

Buy Your Brand New Tyres And Fairly Used Tyres (1st Grade ) We Got Rims Too / 1998 Honda Civic manual (tokunboh)- N600k (SOLD) / Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tokunboh Or New Tyres, Whats Ur Experience?. by seal777(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2010
I buy new tyres but have a friend who buys fairly used ones.

We were having some discussion once and he advice that buying new tyres are like wasting money when u can get the full benefit from a tokuboh and buying 4 tyres with the price of a single new one.

I decided to test his fact with one of my cars when it was time to change the tyres as i do periodically cos i travel a lot.

Under normal circumstance i change all tyres but at this instance I bought 3 used tyres cos my back tyres are still fresh, after changing the tyres, i went for wheel balancing and alignment from which one of the used tyres was observed as not ok, i changed it.

After the alignment, i travelled with the car and observed that when i am on top speed 120-160, the steering wheel shakes and attempt to apply brakes increased the shaking. I once had a flat tyre and changed to my extra, i was surprised that the shaking while driving on top speed and while applying brakes stopped.
Having repair the initial tyre, i decided to fix it to be sure and i was correct, the shaking continued.
All the three fairly used tyres could not pass the test after which i decided its not worth the risk, I CHANGED ALL THE 4 TYRES TO MY USUAL BRAND NEW STYLE.

I know most cars in Nigeria uses fairly used tyres but i am not too sure what i observe applies to them and if it does, do they really care about how smooth and efficient their driving experience is?

WHATS YOUR EXPERIENCE?, PLEASE SHARE WITH US.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Vin Check Pls. / the car is sold / Old Model Nissan Partfinder Cupe For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.