Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,627 members, 7,955,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

EFL Quarters: Chelsea vs Bournemouth On Dec 20th @ 8:45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EFL Quarters: Chelsea vs Bournemouth On Dec 20th @ 8:45pm (438 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bournemouth (3 - 2) On 4th March 2023 / Liverpool Vs Bournemouth (9 - 0) On 27th August 2022 / Manchester United Vs Bournemouth (5 - 2) On 7th June 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFL Quarters: Chelsea vs Bournemouth On Dec 20th @ 8:45pm by pamcode(m): 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2017
TEAM NEWS
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte will hand midfielder Kenedy another chance to impress in Wednesday's Carabao Cup quarter-final against Bournemouth.
Kenedy, 21, has started just two senior games this term after being sent home from the club's pre-season tour of China over comments on social media.
Michy Batshuayi, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Dujon Sterling and Ethan Ampadu are also set to feature for the hosts.

Bournemouth will be without defender Charlie Daniels and forward Josh King.
'I want to give my players a big opportunity'
Kenedy will replace suspended left wing-back Marcos Alonso at Stamford Bridge in what will be his third League Cup start of the season, after playing in earlier wins against Nottingham Forest and Everton.
The Brazilian, who was accused by fans of xenophobia and racism in social media posts over the summer, has been challenged by his manager to push Alonso for his starting place.
"This is the past. It happened, but we stop [there]," said Conte. "The commitment to us was perfect and I think it is right for this reason for him to play in an important game.
"I have to trust my players, not only with words but with facts, to show that I trust them.
"I want to give my players a big opportunity in a big game to show me they should play."
Despite the promise of wholesale changes, Conte is determined to progress.
"Every competition is serious, our task is to try to win the game, to reach the semi-final," he said. "At the same time, it is right in this competition to give the opportunity to the players who are not playing regularly.
"Bournemouth are a really good team and we must be prepared to fight."
Bournemouth will be without Daniels and King after they picked up injuries in the defeat against Liverpool on Sunday.
Manager Eddie Howe also suggested he will rotate his team before their trip to Premier League leaders Manchester City this weekend.
"There will be a certain number of changes as I don't want us to suffer any more injuries," Howe said. "We need to make sure we leave Stamford Bridge feeling good about ourselves again and having given a good account.
"This year, the top teams have been absolutely ruthless. Of course there are going to be upsets, but more consistently they have put their dominance together against the lesser sides."

MATCH FACTS
This will be only the second meeting between these sides in the League Cup, with Chelsea winning both legs 1-0 in their previous encounter, the second round in 1994-95.
Bournemouth have only won one of their last nine meetings with Chelsea in all competitions (L8), though that win did come at Stamford Bridge back in December 2015.
The Blues have won seven of their last eight home League Cup games (L1), netting 24 goals in the process.
Chelsea have been eliminated from three of their previous five League Cup quarter-final ties.
The Cherries have never won in 15 previous away League Cup games against top-flight opponents (D3 L12), though they did eliminate Blackburn on penalties in September 2004 as a League One side, with Eddie Howe playing the full 120 minutes in that match.
This is only Bournemouth's second appearance in the quarter-final of this competition - they lost their previous such match 3-1 against Liverpool in 2014-15.
Michy Batshuayi has scored five goals in his five appearances in the League Cup, including a hat-trick against Nottingham Forest in the third round of this year's tournament.
Callum Wilson has scored in three of his last four League Cup matches for Bournemouth, in a run stretching back to August 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42334222
Re: EFL Quarters: Chelsea vs Bournemouth On Dec 20th @ 8:45pm by Chikelue2000(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2017
Blues for life
Re: EFL Quarters: Chelsea vs Bournemouth On Dec 20th @ 8:45pm by optional1(f): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2017
semis here we land

Blues is the Colour Chelsea is the Name Football is the Game..
Re: EFL Quarters: Chelsea vs Bournemouth On Dec 20th @ 8:45pm by pamcode(m): 10:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
I predict a 3-0 victory

(1) (Reply)

EPL : Liverpool Vs Westbrom On Dec 13 2017 At 9:00pm / Emirates and Arsenal sign record deal / EPL: Harry Redknapp Names Club To Win This Season’s Premier League Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.