Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Android Phone Storage - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Phone Storage (588 Views)

How To Pull Out Music From Audiomack To Phone Storage After Download / How To Download Videos From Youtube To Phone's Storage / Is 16GB Of (ROM) Internal Phone Storage Enough? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Phone Storage by magjob(m): 8:58am On Nov 04, 2017
Please is there anyone that can give me useful info as to how I can know what consumed my phone memory? I have checked my stored apps but none seem to have a reasonable space. The internal memory is showing 16gb and I have moved every app to my SD card. I used Disk manager to check the total space and I say 2.05gb. Where is the huge space occupied? Please assist
Re: Android Phone Storage by Juniorbuba(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2017
I assume you are using an android phone and android phones usually consume a lot of space, I am referring to the phones system files and some other inbuilt files.

First of all, check if the apk(android package) you send through xender or flash share is still in your phone, this usually consumes a lot of space.
When you install the application, deleting the apk saves space as the program files of the app is on your phone, the apk is not needed.

You will most likely find them in file manager>>phone memory or sd card >>xender or flash share >>app

If you sent them through bleutooth, you'll find them in the Bluetooth folder.

Residual files also consume a lot of space, they might not exceed a few kilobytes but they are usually much in number so you just need to look for an android system cleaner and install it to rid them of your phone.
Clean master is the most popular and it works great.

Also check for copy of files I.e clones of the same file .. Delete them to save space.

If all the above do not work, the last resort is to restore the phone to its factory settings
Disclaimer: You will lose all your files if you choose to take this course of action!.
Back them up before taking this actcion.

I hope I have been of help.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Android Phone Storage by Solapek: 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
What's your phone model?
Re: Android Phone Storage by magjob(m): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2017
Tecno Ramon C8
Re: Android Phone Storage by Emerikoss: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2017
The apps or videos in your phone may be in phone memory, For apps I mean Apk files like the ones that was sent to you through Xender, go to your file manager,open phone memory, open Xender Folder, open apps, you will see all of them if they are in phone memory, also check Video folder inside Xemder.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Competitive 5.5 Inch Quad Core Smartphone: Allcall Madrid VS Oukitel U7 / Kasperky Warning For Cryp2ocurrency Miners: Loapi Trojan Can Damage Your Phone / Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (white) For Sale - 90k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.