Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" (26632 Views)

Being Crippled For Two Years Affected My Career – Actor Femi Branch / Sherifa Gunu: Divorcing Ikechukwu Sunday, My Husband Has Affected My Kids / Funke Adesiyan: "How My Tribal Marks Greatly Affected My Self-Esteem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by Bhelamblog(m): 11:16am On Nov 04, 2017
Even tho she just said their were times she wished been born poor, You can't remove the fact that DJ Cuppy is billionaire daughter, the 24year old in an Interview with Goldmyne TV has revealed how she used to feel uncomfortable telling people she a daughter of Femi Otedola, She also said she and Davido has no similarities, cos he boast, while she doesn't see below!

[b]Read the excerpts below!

“In my song with Tekno, Green Light, I tried to be more open. Looking back at my upbringing, I grew up with a lot of borders. I love meeting people, I love having fun with people, but I didn’t grow up doing that all the time. But I am an adult now and I can choose my own. So, I am choosing to be open.

Although, I am so grateful to God for my upbringing, as my parents took good care of me and gave me the best education. But I miss some things. People tell me that they once did certain things, which were fun. For instance, they once took a bus and go to someplace alone. Someone had also told me that they once went to the field and stole corns. You may think all these don’t matter, but I don’t have those memories.”

Have you ever wished you were not Otedola’s child? She replied;

“That was back in the day, but I am now very comfortable with my skin. In the beginning, when I first entered the industry, I felt a lot of artistes or industry people didn’t like me.
I thought they felt I was entering their space with an advantage over them and thought it was unfair. But now, I feel like I have paid my dues and I have built a good reputation over time for myself.
Now, I am happy to say who my dad is and I cannot change it. I have embraced it and I see it as a blessing now. People have to understand I just wanted to be someone’s child, so; they shouldn’t use that against me. I could walk into a room and, before even opening my mouth, everyone had formed an opinion about me. It is like you don’t want to give a young woman a chance to express herself.”

Speaking on the difference between her and Davido, she said he singer decided to use his upbringing to his advantage from the outset.

“He told everyone he was OBO (Omo Baba Olowo); take it or leave it. I am not that kind of person, but he was smarter because before you could use that against him, he had already told you.”

News From Ebiwali-- http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2017/11/i-didnt-ask-to-be-billionaires-daughter.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 04, 2017
I thought it was a correct interview.
Time wasting piece

I'm wondering the number of mentions bro lalasticlala gets in an hour.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by AntiWailer: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2017
grin grin

U miss entering bus and danfo.

I understand your pain sis.

You can not be called Self Made.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by midehi2(f): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2017
Fine girl

6 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by JON01: 11:23am On Nov 04, 2017
You want to steal corN... VILLAGEPPL UNA WICKED EH... By the way I miss some of those funs my friends talk about cause when I was young I was really gentle and basically don't talk...I don't really make friends back then so it was hard all alone NOW I REGRET IT THO..

3 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by Nbote(m): 11:49am On Nov 04, 2017
U're not like Davido but U're always flaunting ur father's cars, yatcht and other properties.. How is dat different from wen u tell ppl ur fada is a billionaire

61 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by LesbianBoy(m): 11:58am On Nov 04, 2017
No matter what, Being wealthy will always be better than poverty!

Its obvious this babe is letting the teasing by BROKE PEOPLE get to her! angry

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by LesbianBoy(m): 11:58am On Nov 04, 2017
Imagine she miss entering bus! Whereas there are so many people out there who pray day and night for God to make them a car owner so they can leave the jumping from one bus to another lifestyle grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by NegeduGrace(f): 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
we know nah,davido is a man while u re a woman so he's got the upper hand..about wishing to be born poor or not being otedola's child,it is a big lie from the pit of hell,,who no like better thing

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by AverageAnnie(f): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
come let's exchange family for a month.... ah go just carry otedola money run.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by dan9ice(m): 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
Story story, story...

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by wickyyolo: 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nbote:
U're not like Davido but U're always flaunting ur father's cars, yatcht and other properties.. How is dat different from wen u tell ppl ur fada is a billionaire

So you want her to go to Ikotun and snap pictures of her self entering bike.

Bros, she is from a rich home take or leave it she can't pretend for you to be happy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by wickyyolo: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
She is from a rich her stop taking your family problems to her like it's her fault you're broke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by free2ryhme: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
Bhelamblog:
Even tho she just said their were times she wished been born poor, You can't remove the fact that DJ Cuppy is billionaire daughter, the 24year old in an Interview with Goldmyne TV has revealed how she used to feel uncomfortable telling people she a daughter of Femi Otedola, She also said she and Davido has no similarities, cos he boast, while she doesn't see below!

[b]Read the excerpts below!

“In my song with Tekno, Green Light, I tried to be more open. Looking back at my upbringing, I grew up with a lot of borders. I love meeting people, I love having fun with people, but I didn’t grow up doing that all the time. But I am an adult now and I can choose my own. So, I am choosing to be open.
Although, I am so grateful to God for my upbringing, as my parents took good care of me and gave me the best education. But I miss some things. People tell me that they once did certain things, which were fun. For instance, they once took a bus and go to someplace alone. Someone had also told me that they once went to the field and stole corns. You may think all these don’t matter, but I don’t have those memories.”
Have you ever wished you were not Otedola’s child? She replied;

“That was back in the day, but I am now very comfortable with my skin. In the beginning, when I first entered the industry, I felt a lot of artistes or industry people didn’t like me.
I thought they felt I was entering their space with an advantage over them and thought it was unfair. But now, I feel like I have paid my dues and I have built a good reputation over time for myself.
Now, I am happy to say who my dad is and I cannot change it. I have embraced it and I see it as a blessing now. People have to understand I just wanted to be someone’s child, so; they shouldn’t use that against me. I could walk into a room and, before even opening my mouth, everyone had formed an opinion about me. It is like you don’t want to give a young woman a chance to express herself.”

Speaking on the difference between her and Davido, she said he singer decided to use his upbringing to his advantage from the outset.

“He told everyone he was OBO (Omo Baba Olowo); take it or leave it. I am not that kind of person, but he was smarter because before you could use that against him, he had already told you.”

News From Ebiwali-- http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2017/11/i-didnt-ask-to-be-billionaires-daughter.html

Cc: lalasticlala

Fynestboi MissyB3

wait oh did we we ask for these confessions

2 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by stillondmatter: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
Where you're today in the industry is cos of your father's reputation and wealth not due to your ability ......

So many with humble background but with wonderful talents are still way below the cadre undecided

4 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
if only this girl has/had taste a bit of poverty, she won't be saying all this na.

3 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by titosantana(m): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
DJ Cuppy, it's not too late, you can still go to Mushin and enter Molue to Ijora Badia, from there take another one to Ajangbadi.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by Vizzim: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
With all humility and sinceri. Nobody want to be poor. The rich rules over the poor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by Elnino4ladies: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
NP: Dice Ailes | Otedola with the money.
Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
titosantana:
DJ Cuppy, it's not too late, you can still go to Mushin and enter Molue to Ijora Badia, from there take another one to Ajangbadi.

I just dey imagine this kain person for mushin oloosa, them akala hood. Oh Lord.....grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by jaxxy(m): 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
Dj cuppy stay where u r. If u hv a point to prove do so just remember Naija isn't smiling bt i find the concept of having nothing to achieving smtn or making ur own mark exciting.

On Davido I like him cos of his 1st song I think with neato c back wen and it didn't sound anything like his dad had money. Even wen he sang baba olowo I thought he was just joking or hype till I confirmed it from sm1. I just liked the hyper energy and determination he put into his songs then.
Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by Sirheny007(m): 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2017
Poor people 1:0 Rich people
Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by vaca1: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
i designed this app for the love i have for the Mavin songs. Download and get the latest from Mavin. Also in the App you can listen foreign Hip Hop.

check it out
[url=https://z-p3-cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21/22553960_10214846504499930_2298166554036011008_n.apk/app-release.apk?efg=eyJlZiI6WyJEVCIsIlpSIl19&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeEUDZp1Za0IXIxa73LXbne2_s-i0yuX8sOKvtGCpNDwhKSYqE4ScIBQ2fe0Lev4jtU7fMuaCElQpfKkncYp-GRhez5XmEHAfbpKao_1FUIFIEfU9gOzRgNUcGHFbcd_HGA&oh=0017a0e5a541b7f33f07346286b4ac59&oe=5A00DA60&dl=1]Download Here[/url]
Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by free2ryhme: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
This is the second time this trash is making front page today
Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by kay29000(m): 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
I laughed at the part she said she wished she had experienced stealing corn from a farm as a kid. Lol! Funny girl. I'd love to meet her sha. She seems like a really cool person.

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by wanjestephen(m): 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
Babe: boo, am coming over John Ntekim : can't wait baby. Babe: with my friends John Ntekim: i said i can't wait for you, i'm going somewhere

3 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by meforyou1(m): 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
LesbianBoy:
No matter what, Being wealthy will always be better than poverty!

Its obvious this babe is letting the teasing by BROKE PEOPLE get to her! angry
far far better o. No yardstick to even measure them
Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by Sunofgod(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
Silly.....
Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by eagleonearth(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
Rich man pikin no dey flush their shit. Na maid work be that. That's bad training. You miss plenty things oo. Riding on bearings, playing football made of paper with coke and fanta bottle covers using sugar packet as post. Come see my thru pass that year. Did you fly kite? Did you ride car tyre to go and buy bread for your mum? You claim you don't boast but showed us pics of moet dispenser in U.S. shuoo. Park well jare

ManU will finish the good work Roma started in the life of Chelsea tomorrow tongue

With 1.6m this 08 Accord below can be yours

Call 09077233842 or check my siggy for WhatsApp contact

2 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by lazygal: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
YoungRichRuler:

I'm wondering the number of mentions bro lalasticlala gets in an hour.

The guy dey try ,I like him unlike thst mynd
Re: DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing" by HungerBAD: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Make i see as down be sef.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ikubese Blasts Daddy Freeze For Tackling Pastors Over Super Eagles Win / I Am Single And Not Anti-marriage- Toke Makinwa / Why Didn’t You Pray For Stephanie – Eedris Slams Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.