Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) (41156 Views)

Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat / What Is The First Food U Ate In 2018? / 10 Facts Why Your Restaurant/catering Or Food Business Needs A Website In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by melzabull(f): 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
GoroTango:
What are you guys doing here causing a shortage? Isn't your land supposed to be an eldorado?
indians and Chinese are all over Nigeria, I guess that makes Nigeria better than those countries.

Calling you a fool will be an insult to fools

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by gidjah(m): 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
You are very correct bros kenny,that report must fall and die o!,no weapon fashion against this nation shall prosper,imagine food shortage in the major food producing states??haba which kind witch craft be this one?that means the whole nation is doomed,no other states can produce the kind of food this states produces,that report is a falace,i reside in the north, I participate in farming activities too, so I can tell about the harvest output this year, we've never had large harvest ouput in number per farmer lik this season, the number of farming activities increased by over 40percent and we can vividly say it ws a great success .any attempt or group of attempt to rubbish. Our result shall be visited by a brick wall opposition.
kennybabs1980:
If there's food crises in these states, other states will definitely die of hunger because more than half of the food eaten in Nigeria are produced in these states. This "FAO" report isn't it o. Kebbi and Benue alone produces more food than the entire south west. Apart from Oyo State, which other state produces sufficient food in the southwest? My state Ondo depends entirely on the north while our able body young men prefers Okada and political thuggery to farming. Apart from Rice, palm oil and garri, every other foodstuff in Ondo State comes from the north. Potato, yam, cowpea, tomato, pepper, okra, beef, onion, groundnut, water melon etc. I discovered recently that our oranges are now produced in Benue State.

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by scholes0(m): 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
Ha, see how Kwara and Kogi are conspiciously Absent even though they are also in the so called “North”

I smell fish!
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by MTKbudapest(m): 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
Why only the north?
Ayam not understanding...
Something is cooking somewhere.

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by MTKbudapest(m): 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
Why only the north?
Ayam not understanding...
Something is cooking somewhere.
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by Jahbles93: 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
The title of this post should be (food shortage to hit northern Nigeria in 2018).
RETIREDMUMU:

https://dailytrust.com.ng/fct-16-states-may-face-food-crisis-in-2018-report.html

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by boogie2910: 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
nawa for Apc o still they will come to tell us they are exporting yam .... and some herdsmen here would also tell us they are feeding nigeria while hunger is building empire in IDP camps ;Dsmh

2 Likes

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by VulgarVulvas: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
This list isn't complete without osun

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
The food producing are going hungry? How?? Doesn't add up.

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by Almaiga: 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2017
This report is not right, between October and December is the season of harvest in those States. So, how will there be food crises withing such period. I smell Propaganda.

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by giles14(m): 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:

https://dailytrust.com.ng/fct-16-states-may-face-food-crisis-in-2018-report.html
as expected.

thou that of taraba Kaduna Benue palteau are due to the murderous Fulani militia

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by tubolancer(m): 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2017
kennybabs1980:
If there's food crises in these states, other states will definitely die of hunger because more than half of the food eaten in Nigeria are produced in these states. This "FAO" report isn't it o. Kebbi and Benue alone produces more food than the entire south west. Apart from Oyo State, which other state produces sufficient food in the southwest? My state Ondo depends entirely on the north while our able body young men prefers Okada and political thuggery to farming. Apart from Rice, palm oil and garri, every other foodstuff in Ondo State comes from the north. Potato, yam, cowpea, tomato, pepper, okra, beef, onion, groundnut, water melon etc. I discovered recently that our oranges are now produced in Benue State.
oga stop quoting Ondo in your analysis. Ondo state is viable and can do away with all those crops in the north. Ondo land is fertile, big and can produce all those food you mentioned.
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by danjaD(m): 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2017
NaijaMutant:
Click Like if you believe this report

Click Share if you don't
. Must you beg 4 share and likes

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
melzabull:
Nothing uncool about his comment. They wish you more evil than that
I don't wish them death but i wish them more gnashing of teeth
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by ladensmith(m): 10:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
saraki2019:
how can we go forward in country where fayose a 3rd class holder is a governor ffk a pass degree holder was a minister wike an ND holder a state governor. we need change
Oga boss.... stop hating.... hustle hard so u too can get there...
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by wtfCode: 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
auntysimbiat:
Only the States in the north..

Another strategy they wana use to store food for the northerners ..
we the 'Boyz Association of Boob Lovers',here by request 4 ur immediate changing of ur dp to a fresh n latest one.
We need to assertain if ur boob is sagged out n' still worth our likes.
Failure to do so, we will 'unlike' our 'likes'.

Note: we need the whole cleavage snapped with a 20 megapixel camera.
angry
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by kennybabs1980: 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
tubolancer:
oga stop quoting Ondo in your analysis. Ondo state is viable and can do away with all those crops in the north. Ondo land is fertile, big and can produce all those food you mentioned.
I stand by my point brother, I am from Ondo State, I live and work in Ondo State, I am an Agric Lecturer and part-time farmer too. In terms of food production, Ondo State lags behind every other state in the south west maybe except Lagos. Tell me any of the food items I mentioned that is produced in sufficient quantity in Ondo State? In terms of farming, OndoState youth are the laziest in the southwest. Don't tell me what I know too well. I'm presently rounding off my PhD programme on participation of youth in Agriculture in Ondo, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti and Ogun. Walk through Markets in parts of Ondo State and identify the foodstuffs that isn't from the north, it's only rice which is imported, garri which is produced sufficiently in the state and palm oil that is fairly produced there and also imported from Edo, Delta and parts of the southeast that you can identify as not coming from the north. Do you know that Ondo State is no longer the highest producer of cocoa in Nigeria? It's now Cross River State. OndoState also lags behind in livestock production, tell me any of the big poultry farms that's located in the state? Ogun State is the largest poultry producing state in Nigeria, Oyo, Osun and Lagos aren't doing badly but Ondo? No! FAO might have their facts , but naturally, I fear serious food shortage in states like Ondo than in Benue, Kebbi etc that's mentioned in this report, cheers.

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by coolexz7(m): 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
Even Benue, the food basket of the country will/may face food crisis!... The change we voted for is finally here sad
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by amazingspiderma: 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2017
The report is based on economics not geography. Goods and services will always flow in the direction of purchasing power.

A lot of people don't know that more food is consumed down south than in north. No body would harvest their crops after months of hard work and give it out to charity.

Though I doubt the report, but I lived long enough in the north to understand how their economic environment works. This forecast contain some element of truth in it.

2 Likes

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by nkemjacob2(m): 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
This report is %100 lie
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by Donald50: 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Northern states only....by the time hunger deal with Nigerians finish..,,,next time they learn to vote out sentimentalism,tribalism and nepotism....We must learn how to preserve of vote...!!!!!
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by Ishaq717(m): 11:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
op, have you ever been to Niger state at all?
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by undiplomatic: 11:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
the so-called list of the states is questionable and absolute rubbish, it is the northern states that grow 70% of the food we buy to eat in Nigeria, is it meat/cows/goats, vegetable/tomatoes/pepper/onions, rice, beans, corn, yams, sugarcane etc. I stand to be corrected. if the list of 16 states face the food crisis, then there is going to be famine in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by mindsbeauty(m): 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
Meet Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin LIVE IN LAGOS!!!
November 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th 2017, POLICE COLLEGE, IKEJA-LAGOS STATE

LIVE MUSIC MINISTRATION: AWARD WINNING GOSPEL ARTIST - FRANK EDWARDS
IT'S THE HOUR YOU HAD LONGED WAITED FOR; THE GATHERING OF THE SAINTS OF GOD.

EXPECT LIVE PROPHESIES, DELIVERANCE, BREAKTHROUGHS, AND MANY MORE!
COME RIDE ON THE WINGS OF GOD'S PROPHETIC SERVANT AND OTHER ANOINTED MINISTERS.

PROPHET JEREMIAH OMOTO FUFEYIN:
Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin (born 15 February 1972, Burutu, Delta State, Nigeria) is the founder and Head Prophet of Christ Mercyland Deliverance Ministry (CMDM), Warri, Delta State, Nigeria. He founded the church on 3rd of April 2010.

FOR ENQUIRIES: 08067853570, 08067374754, 08036892629
HOTEL BOOKINGS/RESERVATIONS: 08067853570 Head Planning Committee
Facebook Page: https://¬web.facebook.com/¬mercylandlagoscrusade¬/
YouTube: https://¬www.youtube.com/¬watch?v=gdvK4v17RwU&l¬ist=PLCSIo9NowrGks08-Jrd1reHFI4DWeQX3J7
CLICK: TO WATCH AND ENCOUNTER LIVE HEALING/RESTORATION SESSIONS

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by ayojohn4real: 5:27am On Nov 05, 2017
Buhariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

If all this Northern State will have food shortage by 2018, then what is will happen to the SS and SE region that has been affected by Oil Spill and nothing has been done so far?

I say this man na Hausa President no my own 9ja presido

Yeye shmmmm

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by rhektor(m): 5:36am On Nov 05, 2017
ATIKUisCOOL:
Desertification and other other hazards like flooding, farner - herdsmens crisis could be responsible for that.
All those shouting conspiracy should provide evidence or STFU

Buhari nko?
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by rhektor(m): 5:39am On Nov 05, 2017
undiplomatic:
the so-called list of the states is questionable and absolute rubbish, it is the northern states that grow 70% of the food we buy to eat in Nigeria, is it meat/cows/goats, vegetable/tomatoes/pepper/onions, rice, beans, corn, yams, sugarcane etc. I stand to be corrected. if the list of 16 states face the food crisis, then there is going to be famine in Nigeria

Exactlyy view too. If Benue is to face food crisis then be rest assured that Lagos is not exempted neither is rivers state. Therefore if this list is true then it should not be about those nine states but Nigeria as whole but if the government insist on these nine states we must be alerted as it is a gimmick

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 05, 2017
OboOlora:
Ok cool. It's the Almajiris, let them starve to death!
useless girl,if you don't pity their elites,can you pity the poor among them?
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by Willybos(m): 6:17am On Nov 05, 2017
melzabull:
wetin concern me sef? if hunger like make e kill all of them for dia

The only means of survival that an average northerner thinks of is through politics where they hope to keep getting access to free oil money

good for nothing, useless parasitic fools
don't worry by tym the hunger start with dis country the listed, is dia that the useless and lazy south south an south east will understand the system of this country!

1 Like

Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by Kingbusssy(m): 6:52am On Nov 05, 2017
HungerBAD:
source?
Tomato
Re: 16 States & FCT May Face Food Crisis In 2018 (List Of The States) by tobsvent: 6:53am On Nov 05, 2017
saraki2019:
how can we go forward in country where fayose a 3rd class holder is a governor ffk a pass degree holder was a minister wike an ND holder a state governor. we need change
Stooge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cow About To Be Slaughtered Falls Through House Roof In SA Township (PIX/VID) / Nigerians Queue To Buy Made-In-Ghana Garri / Two Pythons in one day. Breakfast and Lunch Loading.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.