Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,669 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback (2381 Views)

Converted My Peugeot 407 Coupé V6 From Auto To Stick-shift / Advice On Golf 4 1.6 Auto To Manual Conversion / Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by Efe527(m): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
Please I need feedbacks from people who have gone ahead to convert thier Toyota muscle factory auto ac compressor to manual, especially to camry big Daddy and Peugeot 508 ac compressors and the resulting effect, both positive and negative.
Thank you
Re: Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by diportivo: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
do not do it sir
Re: Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
Efe527:
Please I need feedbacks from people who have gone ahead to convert thier Toyota muscle factory auto ac compressor to manual, especially to camry big Daddy and Peugeot 508 ac compressors and the resulting effect, both positive and negative.
Thank you
Contact mosbus 08026941215
Re: Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by Efe527(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
NgcoboP:

Contact mosbus 08026941215

Thank you
Re: Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by Efe527(m): 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
diportivo:
do not do it sir

Any detail of resulting effects?
Re: Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2017
Do not try it. It weakens the engine and slows down acceleration. It would finally kill the engine. Once the compressor starts the car wud b vibrating. Part of the reasons why i sold my muscle. Beware of advice from quacks that say the auto compressor doesnt last in nigeria. Order that auto compressor from the US and have them fix it! Or else say byebye to ur camry.

1 Like

Re: Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by Efe527(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2017
obitee69:
Do not try it. It weakens the engine and slows down acceleration. It would finally kill the engine. Once the compressor starts the car wud b vibrating. Part of the reasons why i sold my muscle. Beware of advice from quacks that say the auto compressor doesnt last in nigeria. Order that auto compressor from the US and have them fix it! Or else say byebye to ur camry.

Thanks a lot
Re: Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by 3kay945(m): 11:26am On Nov 05, 2017
Can someone explain what the op meant by his question Am not getting it.
obitee69:
Re: Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by Elinex: 6:25am On Nov 06, 2017
Why would you want to alter the factory configuration of a car based on the advice of a roadside mechanic?
Do you know understand that there's a reason for making your compressor clutchless (auto)? Do you also understand that the ECU (brain box) was configured to regulate the auto compressor in relation to the overall engine performance?
All I can tell you is that once you do that you've kissed your car goodbye.
Why don't you buy the same type of compressor even if it is used or better still sell the car and buy the Peugeot 508 or Camry big daddy and then enjoy manual AC full blast.

1 Like

Re: Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback by cardoctor(m): 7:07am On Nov 06, 2017
Get ready for serious vibrations from your car engine (especially in stop n go Traffic), mixed up wirings and juju-like looking thermostat dangling from your wiring loom. Horrible.

Dont attempt it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let's Learn More About Automobiles / Lets Discuss Car Milage: Is Your Car Actually Chopping Fuel / He Bought Lexus RX330 Gearbox 650k. I Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.