Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card (614 Views)

EndSARS : Oba Rilwan akinolu Returns To Palace Two Months After Mob Invasion / Mexico Returns Ancient Yoruba Bronze Sculpture To Nigeria / Governor Akeredolu Receives Wole Soyinka (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka is traveling back to America a year after he tore his Green Card, following the victory of Donald Trump at the Presidential election.
The
novelist will be delivering the Richard D. Cohen Lectures at Harvard University Centre for African Studies from November 14 to 16.
“I’ll go in as an alien, an alien from outer space. I love that designation,” Soyinka said in an interview with Financial Times of London published on Friday.
The lectures will be in three parts, under the theme: BEYOND AESTHETICS: Use, Abuse and Dissonance in African Art Traditions.
“My life has been involved with the diaspora on a very personal and visceral level,” he said of his interaction with prominent African-Americans.
Soyinka had promised to tear his Green Card and leave America if Donald Trump emerges as President. Follow us on Twitter @davidotokinews
He said:-
Read more..
www.davidotokiblog.com/2017/11/latest-news-wole-soyinka-returns-to.html

Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by olagbemi118(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
lols
Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by Kondomatic(m): 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
Old age truly does cruel things to the mind
Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by ArchangeLucifer: 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
Afonjas betray to the extent that they betray their ownselves!

Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by NwaAmaikpe: 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
shocked

He is travelling with a B1/B2 visa.
Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by Queenlovely(f): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
F
Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by squash47(m): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
The man died when a respected cultist professor begins to lie at old age.
Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
Shame on him. He should fall on his sword.
Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
As long as the man himself Soyinka is heading to the states.... He definitely owns a green card for sure.... In as well... He tore a duplicate green card for the sake of public media infrigiment and idol restoration.... Highly priotized scam
Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by scholes0(m): 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
Awon monitoring spirit
Re: Wole Soyinka Returns To America After ‘destroying’ Green Card by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
I've heard of this man before...but haven't read his works.
However, so many people (celebrities included) said they would leave the U.S. if President Trump was elected....
He was elected.
No one left.
People talked....yet no one was courageous enough to leave the country where they have been afforded the most opportunities and comfortability...regardless of who was elected.
It was unrealistic & immature to behave in that manner...especially if one wasn't gonna follow through.
Just goes to show that we need to be careful with our words.
I respect those who said nothing....and just showed by their actions....
I respect people who "say" nothing...and just "show" by their actions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ethnic Jingoism And Religious Bigotry: Impediments To National Development / Ooni Of Ile-ife,alayeluwa Adeyeye Eniitan Ogunwusi During The World Ifa Festival / Why We Must Pick Calls From Our Network Providers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.