Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,852 members, 7,824,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Wives: Your Money Is The Family's Money Too - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives: Your Money Is The Family's Money Too (428 Views)

Family Money / My Family Money, How True / Reno Omokri: "Your Money Is For You And Your Wife. But Her Money Is Not For You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wives: Your Money Is The Family's Money Too by 2buffagain(m): 3:14am On Nov 05, 2017
I recently had a conversation with a single woman and we started talking about finances in marriage.
She has a good career (potentially 6-digit USD). Unfortunately she has convinced herself that she is "traditional" and that when it comes to the family, only the man's income should be considered or *planned* with. (Is this a Yoruba thing?)

I found this outlook absurd, so much so that I told her we can only really be friends as we would be incompatible as a married couple (this pissed her off but oh well).
Ladies, I don't know who deceived you, but this way of thinking is NOT traditional. It is just simply you being a selfish bitch....to YOUR VERY OWN FAMILY. If you REALLY want to be traditional, you would be handing everything you make to your husband, but we know that won't fly. Luckily no-one needs that from y'all. Just make your income available to family planning.

And thunder fire you if you manage to make your income available only to now demand to be "paid back". that is foolishness of the highest order.

When it comes to marriage financial plans, few plans make more sense than both having their own private accounts, and then a shared account where anywhere from 60% - 90% of EACH person's income goes into to plan family-centric things.

My sisters, if you are making money and your income cannot be considered when making plans to propel the family forward, then what is the purpose of you working?
What will you be doing with all your money? Do you not even have shame?

Apply sense ma.
Re: Wives: Your Money Is The Family's Money Too by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 05, 2017
Op you are right, when it comes to marriage or serious relationships, It also our duty as women to help our partners, u should plan together and help with funds. he can't do it alone , he needs support
Re: Wives: Your Money Is The Family's Money Too by DIKEnaWAR: 4:47am On Nov 05, 2017
MOST, not all, black women are wired like this.

(1) (Reply)

Girls,change Your Lifestyle!! / Single Parents! / Native Doctors Revoke Curses Placed On Trafficked Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.