Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? (796 Views)

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by ShySteady(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2017
Ok... In the past/recent weeks, we have read on different forums why paying tithes is important. It has become so talked about that there was a report of some Church members walking out on a popular preacher because he was preaching on the subject of tithing.

So many Nairalanders have also talked for or against it.

My question is: why so much emphasis on tithing but nobody seems to be talking about offerings?

1. Is tithe better or more acceptable than offering?

2. God accepted Abel's offering but rejected Cain's?

Can anyone here enlighten us, please?
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by felixomor: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
The report that people walked out of church was fake news.
Thats what led to Instagram suspending someone's account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
Listen, anything you see satan fighting, know there's more to it.

Kingdom Prosperity answers only to these mysteries, satan knows, but dumb Christians refuse to read their Book but allow satan use them against themselves.

Satan wants Christians wrecthed and hungry. He wants to dominate the arena financially, hence fights the avenue througb which Children of God can breakthrough, and we let him.

Look at the Jews, everywhere they go they lead in all things. Have you found out their secrets?

They carry this ordiance with them everywhere and pass it down to their children. The world laugh at them as non conformists, but it doesn't bother them, they follow the insteuctions of YHWH.

For instance. Start selling pure water and let a Jew sell the same pure water down the road. You'll be struggling to pay your rent and eat, and even break even, but the Jew selling the same pure water, will open branches, build houses, buy cars and florish. Have you asked yourself why?

They hold strongly to this ordinaces.

Let them say...

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
ShySteady:
Ok... In the past/recent weeks, we have read on different forums why paying tithes is important. It has become so talked about that there was a report of some Church members walking out on a popular preacher because he was preaching on the subject of tithing.

So many Nairalanders have also talked for or against it.

My question is: why so much emphasis on tithing but nobody seems to be talking about offerings?

1. Is tithe better or more acceptable than offering?

2. God accepted Abel's offering but rejected Cain's?

Can anyone here enlighten us, please?
The reason is, Tirhing is God's command and offering is willingly.

Satan fights everything God commands us to do.

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by ShySteady(m): 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
Emmanystone:

Kingdom Prosperity answers only to these mysteries, satan knows, but dumb Christians refuse to read their Book but allow satan use them against themselves.

Satan wants Christians wrecthed and hungry. He wants to dominate the arena financially, hence fights the avenue througb which Children of God can breakthrough, and we let him.

Look at the Jews, everywhere they go they lead in all things. Have you found out their secrets?

They carry this ordiance with them everywhere and pass it down to their children. The world laugh at them as non conformists, but it doesn't bother them, they follow the insteuctions of YHWH.

For instance. Start selling pure water and let a Jew sell the same pure water down the road. You'll be struggling to pay your rent and eat, and even break even, but the Jew selling the same pure water, will open branches, build houses, buy cars and florish. Have you asked yourself why?

Let them say...

Hmmmm... I see!
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
Emmanystone:

Let them say...
Can you stop lying please? The world is not as complex as it used to be and information can be gotten anywhere and anytime. Jews don't tithe anymore since the destruction of the temple. Tithe is fraud! They flourish because of hardwork not tithes. Stop spreading false news.

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
According to the Rabbis, the laws of tithing only apply to the land of Israel, and farmers in the Diaspora have no obligation to give tithes, although there is some evidence of communities outside Israel, in Egypt for example, having a system of tithing.

Again according to the Rabbis, the full tithing laws apply only when the majority of Jews live in the land of Israel and since, in the absence of the purification rites of the red heifer, everyone today suffers from corpse contamination, the terumah is inoperative in any event. Moreover the purpose of tithing, for the upkeep of the priests and Levites, has no meaning nowadays. The present practice in the State of Israel is to have only a token separation of the tithes.

Some Rabbinic sources make reference to a tithe of money as well as of produce, although it is not too clear whether this was seen as a voluntary contribution rather than an obligation. Nevertheless, many observant Jews today do donate a tenth of their annual income to charity. This is known as maaser kesafim, ‘the money tithe’ or ‘wealth tax.’

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/tithing/
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
spongeisback:

Can you stop lying please? The world is not as complex as it used to be and information can be gotten anywhere and anytime. Jews don't tithe anymore since the destruction of the temple. Tithe is fraud! They flourish because of hardwork not tithes. Stop spreading false news.
You call me a lair without presenting any contrary info to counter me. If the Jews do not Tithe anymore present info to that effect.

Is it your money i'm tithing? Why is it paining you so much that i'm paying tithe with my money?

I have not complained about the dues you pay in your occult group, but you won't let me be.

Satan, get behind me.
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2017
Emmanystone:

You call me a lair without presenting any contrary info to counter me. If the Jews do not Tithe anymore present info to that effect.

Is it your money i'm tithing? Why is it paining you so much that i'm paying tithe with my money?

I have not complained about the dues you pay in your occult group, but you won't let me be.

Satan, get behind me.

If you're not too hasty to quote me you would see the info I posted. Btw I love that name Satan.
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2017
spongeisback:

If you're not too hasty to quote me you would see the info I posted. Btw I love that name Satan.
If you are not poking your nose into my business you'd see i don't borrow money from you to pay Tithe.

Why are you so pained?

Mind your satanic business.
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
OP if you notice all those in favor of tithes use sentiment not facts...like the creep I quoted so much emotions over nothing. The modern day Jews give their 10% to charity.
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
Poking nose in your business? Dude you gave someone a wrong information and I corrected you. Your money? How much do you've if I may ask? Please carry your madness to the back of the room. So much venom over nothing. grin
Emmanystone:

If you are not poking your nose into my business you'd see i don't borrow money from you to pay Tithe.

Why are you so pained?

Mind your satanic business.

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2017
spongeisback:
Poking nose in your business? Dude you gave someone a wrong information and I corrected you. Your money? How much do you've if I may ask? Please carry your madness to the back of the room. So much venom about nothing. grin
See? You go into business you nothing about. Tithing is not in volume geerit?

Just allow Christians will you? You satanists do as you pls, we don't bother you, but when we do our business you won't pass on.

In your sectret societies, you pay huge dues, but just a 10% of our own income is giving you people gas. Na waoo.

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
Emmanystone:

See? You go into business you nothing about. Tithing is not in volume geerit?

Just allow Christians will you? You satanists do as you pls, we don't bother you, but when we do our business you won't pass on.

In your sectret societies, you pay huge dues, but just a 10% of our own income is giving you people gas. Na waoo.

Why're you not smart? Come on I've given you several chances to redeem yourself still you're just ranting like a crazed cow. Since I don't believe in god is it not obvious I don't believe in satan? Why're you so worried about satan? Do you love him? Are you scared of him? Why can't you converse without bringing him up? Why're you Christians so bothered about satan even to the point of knowing he collects dues?! My advice stop the satan obsession, work on yourself and stop LYING for your god.

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
spongeisback:

Why're you not smart? Come on I've given you several chances to redeem yourself still you're just ranting like a crazed cow. Since I don't believe in god is it not obvious I don't believe in satan? Why're you so worried about satan? Do you love him? Are you scared of him? Why can't you converse without bringing him up? Why're you Christians so bothered about satan even to the point of knowing he collects dues?! My advice stop the satan obsession, work on yourself and stop LYING for your god.
You don't believe God, yet won't let me be, why?

I asked you, is it your money we pay tithe with?

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
Emmanystone:

You don't believe God, yet won't let me be, why?

I asked you, is it your money we pay tithe with?
More emotional outburst. No it's not my money I'd rather give my money to the orphanage I support than give it to scam artists like you. You know follow the REAL JEWISH way of tithing not your revised Christianity version.

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
spongeisback:

More emotional outburst. No it's not my money I'd rather give my money to the orphanage I support than give it to scam artists like you. You know follow the REAL JEWISH way of tithing not your revised Christianity version.
Why then are you pained that i'm paying tithe?

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
Emmanystone:

Why then are you pained that i'm paying tithe?
Don't you have sense? I'm not "pained" you pay tithe I don't give a FUÇK what you do with your money you can stick it in the place where the sun doesn't shine. I just corrected your lie. You said this and I corrected you,you don't come online and give false information. Why can't you understand that?
Emmanystone:

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
spongeisback:

Don't you have sense? I'm not "pained" you pay tithe I don't give a FUÇK what you do with your money you can stick it in the place where the sun doesn't shine. I just corrected your lie. You said this and I corrected you,you don't come online and give false information. Why can't you understand that?
Does the link you posted said Jews don't pay Tithe?
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 11:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
spongeisback:

Okay fine, even if the Jews don't pay Tithe, we Christians pay Tithe to Christ our eternal High priest. So rest in peace.
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 11:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
Emmanystone:

Does the link you posted said Jews don't pay Tithe?
If you've enough space in your brain. Read it. Don't bother me again.

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 11:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
Emmanystone:

Okay fine, even if the Jews don't pay Tithe, we Christians pay Tithe to Christ our eternal High priest. So rest in peace.
Then don't use that Jewish lie again. Now go away.

1 Like

Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
As you can see tithe is a scam set by a few to scam the gullible. First he used the Jews I busted him now he's using Jesus am sure someone will come shut him up then he would move over to Abraham, It's their way.
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by Emmanystone: 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
spongeisback:

If you've enough space in your brain. Read it. Don't bother me again.
Oh i read it, but i'm sure you didn't.

I said rest in peace.
Re: About Tithes And Offerings: Why All Emphasis On Tithe Alone? by spongeisback: 3:44am On Nov 06, 2017
Emmanystone:

Oh i read it, but i'm sure you didn't.

I said rest in peace.
No you didn't if you did you wouldn't ask me if Jews don't pay tithe? Am I supposed to be scared of rest in peace? Na wa for una ohhhhhhhhhhh...Hope you know you will die before I do?! You and your kind always threatening people with death.grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Priest Feeds Congregation Rat Poison To Prove They’re Above Death… They All Die / How Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity Influenced Martin Luther Reformation / What's Your Favorite Song From Hillsong's Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.