Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Is This Right? "Raise Your Hands If You Want To Give Your Life To Christ" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Right? "Raise Your Hands If You Want To Give Your Life To Christ" (377 Views)

Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This Right? "Raise Your Hands If You Want To Give Your Life To Christ" by arsenic33(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2017
It is common in almost all churches today for a Pastor to say to the congregation after a sermon "if you're a sinner and want to give your life to Christ signify by raising up your hand wherever you are"...

I've been wondering whether it is proper. A sinner who is willing to repent shouldn't it be between the sinner and God?

Why would a Pastor want to know such sinners?....and some members will be looking whether the next person or somebody they know will lift up his/her hands..

Happy Sunday All

Re: Is This Right? "Raise Your Hands If You Want To Give Your Life To Christ" by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 06, 2017
arsenic33:
It is common in almost all churches today for a Pastor to say to the congregation after a sermon "if you're a sinner and want to give your life to Christ signify by raising up your hand wherever you are"...

I've been wondering whether it is proper. A sinner who is willing to repent shouldn't it be between the sinner and God?

Why would a Pastor want to know such sinners?....and some members will be looking whether the next person or somebody they know will lift up his/her hands..

Happy Sunday All
Raising your hand shows that you're acknowledging and surrendering your heart to God although it's not compulsory. Although not all pastors does that but if they are led by the spirit of God,kindly obey simple instruction in other not to be like Saul.
Re: Is This Right? "Raise Your Hands If You Want To Give Your Life To Christ" by OtemSapien: 1:30am On Nov 06, 2017
It's just same way as saying, 'hands up and surrender yourself' by a policeman with a rifle. In this case, the rifle is the motivational talks from the mouth of the pastor.
However, I'd adjure my people to raise their hands and surrender to logic and commonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Achorladey And Co, Any Thread U Run To I Will Expose U / James The Brother Of John / Tb Joshua Prophesied The Military Coup In Zimbabawe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.