Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1311525 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 10:16pm On May 16, 2019
Number of doctors who registered to work in UK between 2014 and 2018
Country Total number of new doctors
Pakistan 3413
Nigeria 1995
Egypt 1775
Sri Lanka 826
Sudan 797
Bangladesh 444
Iraq 325
Myanmar 312
South Africa 290
Nepal 166
Jordan 160

In total, 12,554 doctors who joined the UK medical register in the last five years came from parts of the world which are currently supposed to be covered by the restrictions. More than 3,400 came from Pakistan, along with 1,995 from Nigeria, 1,775 from Egypt, 826 from Sri Lanka, 797 from Sudan, 444 from Bangladesh, 325 from Iraq and 312 from Myanmar, the figures show.

The data from the General Medical Council covers place of qualification, which is usually a person's country of origin.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/16/nhs-breaking-recruitment-rules-one-four-new-doctors-coming-banned/

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nihilistjnr: 5:44pm On May 17, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Guy YOLO..

I miss those rice you eat from the moinmoin leaves.

The ewa agoin with agege bread

Ekuru and ata dindin

Dodo ikire

I just need something strong to counteract the bowel movement which is inevitable. cool

grin grin

Oboi one mad one hook me last year in that Ikeja city mall.

I went to one 'shop' downstairs and ordered their ribs. Only God knows what was on that plate. I was upstairs in the cinema when my tummy gave the initial grumble.

I thought I could hold it down, but na lie, my stomach was vehemently protesting against it's current tenants.

I left my guest and literally ran out the cinema and straight to the toilet. It was a violent and explosive affair.

Just when I thought it was over, i reached for the toilet paper, but there wasn't any. Instead, I was confronted with the sight a garden hose with a power nozzle attached.

I'm not going to continue this story. Suffice to say, things got very messy.

I stuck to pizza for the rest of my stay.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:14pm On May 17, 2019
nihilistjnr:

grin grin

I went to one 'shop' downstairs and ordered their ribs. Only God knows what was on that plate. I was upstairs in the cinema when my tummy gave the initial grumble.

I thought I could hold it down, but na lie, my stomach was vehemently protesting against it's current tenants.

I left my guest and literally ran out the cinema and straight to the toilet. It was a violent and explosive affair.

Just when I thought it was over, i reached for the toilet paper, but there wasn't any. Instead, I was confronted with the sight a garden hose with a power nozzle attached.

I had my fair share of food poisoning, during the last elections. It lasted 4 days, my stomach was badly traumatised and fighting any tenant, that attempted to squat......

Anytime I ate anything, within 10 minutes, volcano must erupt..... I had to quarantine myself for the duration.....

Imagine attempting to look for a decent toilet, i could use while outside (while volcano was erupting, i would only have a maximum 5 minutes) .... Or else..... How we go hear say grown man mess body with peanut butter.......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nihilistjnr: 6:45pm On May 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I had my fair share of food poisoning, during the last elections. It lasted 4 days, my stomach was badly traumatised and fighting any tenant, that attempted to squat......

Anytime I ate anything, within 10 minutes, volcano must erupt..... I had to quarantine myself for the duration.....

Imagine attempting to look for a decent toilet, i could use while outside (while volcano was erupting, i would only have a maximum 5 minutes) .... Or else..... How we go hear say grown man mess body with peanut butter.......... grin

what did me in was the lack of clean public toilets.

not even at the airport on the way back. The toilets were filthy at mma and the cleaners were camped right outside the toilet doors begging for tips.

Here's a tip - do your damn job.

it was incredibly frustrating to have to hold bowel movement until I was safely on a plane

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:02pm On May 17, 2019
nihilistjnr:

grin grin

Lmao
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:56pm On May 17, 2019
nihilistjnr:

what did me in was the lack of clean public toilets.

not even at the airport on the way back. The toilets were filthy at mma and the cleaners were camped right outside the toilet doors begging for tips.

Here's a tip - do your damn job.

it was incredibly frustrating to have to hold bowel movement until I was safely on a plane

I was on that flight........ No wonder........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 11:32pm On May 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I was on that flight........ No wonder........ wink

that flight that had MASSive proloooong turbulence right.... cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:37pm On May 17, 2019
DisGuy:

that flight that had MASSive proloooong turbulence right.... cool

Turbulence caused by our friend, dunking some violent and explosive Type 7's down the sewer.......... grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:29am On May 18, 2019
nihilistjnr:

grin grin

This got me rolling grin grin, your stomach was turnioniown

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Greenfriend: 1:23pm On May 18, 2019
fabgirl22:
Pls guys I just want to ask, havs anyone used ohentpay before? Are they reliable.? Thanks
Yes they are. They offer better exchange rate than Azimo, no charges for the first two transfers using their mobile app. And also a £10 commission for referring one. That's what I use in sending money back to Nigeria when I feel like after NHS smiles at me.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by cashmyles: 9:37am On May 19, 2019
To all the bosses,

Please do anyone know of UK multiple visa, been told its 6 months entry visa

Is there anything like the visa type so I won't fall for the agent bait
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:01am On May 19, 2019
cashmyles:
To all the bosses,

Please do anyone know of UK multiple visa, been told its 6 months entry visa

Is there anything like the visa type so I won't fall for the agent bait

Let's forget about visa type for now...... The big elephant in the room is, your use of visa agents...... WhyOWhy?....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:14am On May 19, 2019
This is the exact reason, we feel justice in the UK is an ass......

She is 53 years old now.........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:35am On May 19, 2019
Be on guard...... This crazy UK no get part 11........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:48am On May 20, 2019
In case you are looking at the car market....... Be guided....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On May 20, 2019
Most reliable.........

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 5:40pm On May 20, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Lexusgs430:
Most reliable.........

Thanks!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 8:26pm On May 20, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Where's Nissan joke?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:30pm On May 20, 2019
Be alert for scam

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:00pm On May 20, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Where's Nissan joke?

It seems the fish is actually not dulling.............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:21am On May 21, 2019
Lexusgs430:

It seems the fish is actually not dulling.............

lol...the car is literally around every corner....Guess all the losers buying it are in for a shocker
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 5:32pm On May 21, 2019
Our dear Medical community... please which websites are the best to check for medical full time roles. Not Locums. Places with frequently updated jobs.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:34pm On May 21, 2019
Mamatukwas:
Our dear Medical community... please which websites are the best to check for medical full time roles. Not Locums. Places with frequently updated jobs.

Thank you.

Nhs jobs.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:38pm On May 21, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Nhs jobs.........

Thank you Sir.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kaad: 8:56pm On May 21, 2019
Greenfriend:

Yes they are. They offer better exchange rate than Azimo, no charges for the first two transfers using their mobile app. And also a £10 commission for referring one. That's what I use in sending money back to Nigeria when I feel like after NHS smiles at me.
But you have to make a transfer to the ohrentpay account first before continuing the transaction or there is another route?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:14pm On May 21, 2019
NHS nurse wey carry religion for head like puff puff..... She possibly thought she was still in Africa.........

Breaking Nursing and Midwifery code in the process........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 12:44am On May 22, 2019
Exactly. I almost had hbp on Sunday after I sent money to the account and the naija acc wasn’t credited not until some hours later after I sent mails and Facebook messages. I’ll just stick with my old method. Miolewaku.

kaad:

But you have to make a transfer to the ohrentpay account first before continuing the transaction or there is another route?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 12:46am On May 22, 2019
Na wah o. But she didn’t ask the patient to ditch the prescriptions/treatment na.

Lexusgs430:
NHS nurse wey carry religion for head like puff puff..... She possibly thought she was still in Africa.........

Breaking Nursing and Midwifery code in the process........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:53am On May 22, 2019
Mimzyy:
Na wah o. But she didn’t ask the patient to ditch the prescriptions/treatment na.

It's still against ethical conduct........ If the patient was an atheist, how would the patient feel? Remember, the patient was at a vulnerable period.............

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by amliftedhigher: 8:05am On May 22, 2019
Good morning all please a cousin of mine needs help from London. She attended her university there about 10 years ago and started working. But recently when they supposed to issue her papers they did not so she went to court and won the case but her lawyer was a swindler. She was given the option for getting her resident paper or getting her damages fees she opted for her papers but the lawyer insisted in both. The lawyer submitted his own account number requesting the government to pay him directly instead of my cousin. After so many arguments with the lawyer we advised her to allow the lawyer submit his account number hence what she needed is her papers. Now she was expecting a letter deliverying her resident papers but got a letter of denial. Now she is not aware if the lawyer has received alert and refused to inform her. She informed the lawyer of the letter of denial but all the lawyer could do was to request 1k pounds to reappeal the government decision. Please body with contact of human rights lawyers in London that can assist her? Useful advice please.
Moderator please move this to front page
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:06pm On May 22, 2019
Mimzyy:

would you feel the same way if she was preaching Satanity?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 12:48pm On May 22, 2019
DaveChapelle:
would you feel the same way if she was preaching Satanity?

This post is offensive to Satanist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.