Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1317810 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mellady(f): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Do they ask for proof of funds before sending? Is the transfer instant ?
HiddenID:

Yeah and quite fast from my experience. Currently at 499.5 though bust still the best exchange rate I've seen in recent times
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mellady:
Do they ask for proof of funds before sending? Is the transfer instant ?
They don't ask for proof of funds. I only had to upload my passport. Though 1k is the maximum I've done so far, not sure if there are other requirements if you're transferring large funds.

The transfer isn't instant. Mine usually takes 2 hours
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesudaughter(f): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
Please how is the ace transfer done?

HiddenID:

They don't ask for proof of funds. I only had to upload my passport. Though 1k is the maximum I've done so far, not sure if there are other requirements if you're transferring large funds.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hunnybee: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
Did 2k and there was no special requirement. It’s instant as well, leas than 20mins every time I’ve sent through Ace

HiddenID:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2020
jesudaughter:
Please how is the ace transfer done?

Download the app from playstore and register. Everything else is straightforward

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hunnybee:
Did 2k and there was no special requirement. It’s instant as well, leas than 20mins every time I’ve sent through Ace

That's awesome
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
HiddenID:

Download the app from playstore and register. Everything else is straightforward
Hi do you have a referral code I can use? I am about to register.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
dustydee:

Hi do you have a referral code I can use? I am about to register.
Here's my referral code: 2262081

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mellady(f): 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hi ,thank you so much, you are right, just used them now, my account was credited within an hour and their rates is the best so far almost 500..wow.. Thank you joor
HiddenID:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mellady:
Hi ,thank you so much, you are right, just used them now, my account was credited within an hour and their rates is the best so far almost 500..wow.. Thank you joor
You're most welcome.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
HiddenID:

Here's my referral code: 2262081

Thanks.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by airmark(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
wonlasewonimi:
How did these ones get visa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqLkLpHaKg

K1 issue with esabod brought me here. This is hilarious. Awon omo aiye. grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by phyl123: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2020
airmark:

K1 issue with esabod brought me here. This is hilarious. Awon omo aiye. grin grin

Even though I don’t understand what they were saying in Yoruba, I was cringing with embarrassment.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dafemnet: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
It seems Nigerian women are the agberos in london.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mellady(f): 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
Point of correction, .. Yoruba women, not Nigerian women grin
dafemnet:
It seems Nigerian women are the agberos in london.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by phyl123: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
Mellady:
Point of correction, .. Yoruba women, not Nigerian women grin

Both of you are generalising, forgetting that there is good and bad in every culture and tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dafemnet: 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
phyl123:

Both of you are generalising, forgetting that there is good and bad in every culture and tribe.
I was only referring to the nationality of the miscreants.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Sugarkay(m): 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by NanaOne1: 12:32am On Apr 22, 2020
claremont:

I'm a British Army airborne veteran (16 Medical Regt, Royal Army Medical Corps), but even I cannot sponsor anyone. Plus, a sponsor cannot increase your chances of getting a visa to go for the physical assessment tests in the UK. I would advice you to come to the UK via any legal route, and apply whilst your visa is still valid.

I cannot help with sponsorship, but if there is anything you need to know about the recruitment process etc, ask it here. I left the army many years ago with my veteran badge and lots of good memories of travelling around the world. I owe a lot to the army and I would never discourage anyone from joining.

Good luck with it.

Hello Claremont, I would like to get some information regarding the UK army application. Will contact you soon. Best Regards
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 10:40am On Apr 22, 2020
Sugarkay:
Good day great nlanders,@ stenon pls I need your advice, I intend furthering my studies in UK , I have bsc(ed) economics 2:1 and my trcn , also I have been teaching for two years,

Pls should I go for pgce so I can teach in UK

Or I should go for a direct masters course

And please which course is adviceable to further for msc

Pls I would appreciate your response

Best place to get the answer is Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs on nairaland. Gud luck
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 10:47am On Apr 22, 2020
Morning all. Please can anyone share or introduce another way to source for income apart from been an employee or doing a paid job in UK .
Tnx all and enjoy the #Stay home.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2020
Phenmeson:
Morning all. Please can anyone share or introduce another way to source for income apart from been an employee or doing a paid job in UK .

Have you tried using gun?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yemisih(f): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2020
Haaaaaahaaaa Jesu grin grin grin,Savage response. Oga justwise be nice biko
justwise:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
justwise:

Am yet to use that, but will appreciate if you can teach me then I follow you because of Yur work experience. Are you starting from West minster?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
Yemisih:
Haaaaaahaaaa Jesu grin grin grin,Savage response. Oga justwise be nice biko

Don't mind him jare. He's cheeky �.
E just lyk to dey find my trouble.
Oga Buhari & his government say we Youths are lazy and now am trying to get other ways of making money.
Who no like to be like Dangote, Otedola or Mike Adenuga oooo
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
justwise:

are you a travel agent and how can i contact you?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kingsbridge:
are you a travel agent and how can i contact you?

I'm not, you can ask your question here or in any thread relating to your question
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 5:49am On Apr 23, 2020
Phenmeson:

Entertainment. Can you play a musical instrument and sing?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 7:42am On Apr 23, 2020
marylandcakes:

Entertainment. Can you play a musical instrument and sing?

Thanks but am not good in the 2
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2020
Please, house I have an enquiry and will make it as understandable as possible.

I studied Plant Science and Biotechnology, but applied and got admission for Medical Bioscience (Applied biomedical science) in several universities in the UK. My aim is to get an accredited certificate, join HCPC and get a job under NHS (Haematology).

Checking the IBMS and HCPC websites for registration requirements pending when that time comes, one of the requirements is to have a IBMS accredited B.Sc degree which will include some basic courses. However, I discovered I didn't study ANY of the basic courses like Anatomy, immunology, bioinformatics, e.t.c during my undergraduate level.

The website listed two options in this case: top-up courses for those that already studied some of the basic courses during their undergraduate level or outrightly undergoing a B.Sc program in biomedical sciences for those that didn't study any of the basic courses during their undergraduate program.

I want to know, is there anyone here who went from an entirely non-medical field to a M.Sc in the medical profession and currently working with it without undergoing a fresh B.Sc?

(Note: I have no problem with taking ALL the missing courses as top-up courses, I just don't want to go for another B.Sc due to the cost implication)

Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.