Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307359 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
Bukad:
Hello house and happy new year. I was offered MSc Civil Engineering at UWS, Paisley for September intake, but due to Covid-19 and other challenges, I deffered the admission. Currently looking at Teeside uni for the same course with advanced parcatice (18 months with placement) come September.
Wifey studied Bus. Edu(with TRCN,2016).
Please, what's life like in Middlesbrough as compared to Paisley, marketability prospect of my course and possible employment for both wifey and I.
Sincerely appreciate your responses.
Thanks.

@Justwise
@Stenon
Hmmm... You have better chance in Paisley, Scotland than anywhere in England. England is expensive for family man and also over populated with too many professionals and MSc is not the key to entering Engineering Professional body or work zone in England and Scotland but very easy and less competitive to get the job in scotland . Your wife must go for PGDE or AQTS in England before she can practice as a teacher.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2021
MissOwaa:
Good day, Please I’m a Physics Education Graduate with TRCN Certification.
I am Waiting for The lockdown on schools to be lifted so I can complete my Masters in Educational Psychology. I just have my external defense left. I have more than 4 years as a physics teacher in Nigeria though in a private school and I have a year plus experience as an educational psychologist working with students.
Please how can I apply to the U.K. as A teacher and what do I need to help aid the process. Thank you.
Hi Dear, I am sorry for replying late. It is easier and better to get student visa and come over first , but no employer will be happy to sponsor a Teacher directly from Nigeria. You must be registered with the respective UK Teaching Council and it is very competitive due to virus outbreak and lockdowns, all exams have been cancelled for 2021 , most schools are not looking at employing new Teacher for this academic session cry.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bukad(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
Many thanks for your analogies.
STENON:
Hmmm... You have better chance in Paisley, Scotland than anywhere in England. England is expensive for family man and also over populated with too many professionals and MSc is not the key to entering Engineering Professional body or work zone in England and Scotland but very easy and less competitive to get the job in scotland . Your wife must go for PGDE or AQTS in England before she can practice as a teacher.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by uzo009: 12:38am On Jan 03, 2021
Hi all,

I've been looking into exporting foodstuff from Nigeria to UK (perhaps London more particularly). I don't want to own an African food store. My interest is in supplying existing stores with food from Nigeria. I thought of this business idea as a way for me to travel between the UK and Nigeria as I have family in both countries., so I can see both parties regularly.

-Any ideas on how I can be a supplier or at least get on the supply chain of an existing larger supplier?
-What are the challenges on both ends (Nigeria and Uk)?
-I doubt there is a ban on exporting this foodstuff from Nigeria and they are also obviously legally allowed into the UK or they wouldn't be stocked in shops here?
-How much capital do I need to start (minimum)?
-How do I start?!
-Or is the agricultural/ food business a NO-NO for certain reasons? if not what other products are hot there?

Please I know that no one is obligated to give me ideas but I'd be so happy to hear from people who know about this. My e-mail is dedon4reel90@gmail.com for anyone who wishes to talk privately.

Thanks, guys!

STENON:
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 1:35am On Jan 03, 2021
uzo009:
Hi all,

I've been looking into exporting foodstuff from Nigeria to UK (perhaps London more particularly). I don't want to own an African food store. My interest is in supplying existing stores with food from Nigeria. I thought of this business idea as a way for me to travel between the UK and Nigeria as I have family in both countries., so I can see both parties regularly.

-Any ideas on how I can be a supplier or at least get on the supply chain of an existing larger supplier?
-I doubt there is a ban on exporting this foodstuff from Nigeria and they are also obviously legally allowed into the UK or they wouldn't be stocked in shops here?
-How do I start?!
-Or is the agricultural/ food business a NO-NO for certain reasons? if not what other products are hot there?

Please I know that no one is obligated to give me ideas but I'd be so happy to hear from people who know about this. My e-mail is dedon4reel90@gmail.com for anyone who wishes to talk privately.

Thanks, guys!

Maybe you target owners of African shop to get an idea..... I noticed a lot of nigerian food these days are coming more from Ghana than Nigeria. There must be a reason why price, quality control, difficulty etc.? I cant say why because it not my line .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 03, 2021
Hello, I have a question, if you are applying with ur dependent, how much do u have to pay for Visa and insurance?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 2:49am On Jan 03, 2021
RalphJean:
I just learned today that I was not randomised into the Placebo group, but was given the real thing in the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine trials.
Happy to have helped humanity.

Less I forget, I am still human. Haven’t turned into a BillGates-5G-Chimeric-HumanClone. Yet.

#HappyDays

How can you prove that? grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 2:50am On Jan 03, 2021
Alezie:
Hello, I have a question, if you are applying with ur dependent, how much do u have to pay for Visa and insurance?

www.gov.uk

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by brine(m): 3:40am On Jan 03, 2021
Alezie:

Depends on duration, where you are applying from and type of visa.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 3:51am On Jan 03, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

How can you prove that? grin

Same way ‘Dr’ Stella Immanuel (remember her?) ‘proved’ that vaccines will turn humans into chimeras.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 3:53am On Jan 03, 2021
Alezie:

You will have to pay the amounts required for the time duration. For insurance, you will need to multiply the amount payable by the number of years.

What visa category are you applying under?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2021
uzo009:
Hi all,

-How do I start?!

Thanks, guys!

Your best bet is to walk into loads of African shops, speak with the owners and pitch your idea..........

They are in a better position to guide/direct/mentor you.......

If i want to sell dog food, would be useless seeking ideas from cats............ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 11:13am On Jan 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Your best bet is to walk into loads of African shops, speak with the owners and pitch your idea..........

They are in a better position to guide/direct/mentor you.......

If i want to sell dog food, would be useless seeking ideas from cats............ grin

Speaking to cats will tell you the most potent poison for dogs. Lol,Cats are assholes.

I m thinking of getting a dog,just musing. i m pretty lazy...not sure i can walk the dog in any other season apart from summer.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:20am On Jan 03, 2021
missjekyll:

Speaking to cats will tell you the most potent poison for dogs. Lol,Cats are assholes.

I m thinking of getting a dog,just musing. i m pretty lazy...not sure i can walk the dog in any other season apart from summer.

Madam, ẹ be like say your neighbours cats, don take their shit show you ọba........ wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Madam, ẹ be like say your [b]neighbours [/b]cats, don take their [b]shit [/b]show you ọba........ wink
Talking about neighbours and Sh*t, does anyone have an idea how to stop cats from coming to your garden?
I bought an ultrasound thing to scare them but it doesn't. I have recently bought citronella and cat silhouette but it does not seem to be too effective. I do not have a cat yet I have to clean cat poop, is that fair?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
dustydee:

Talking about neighbours and Sh*t, does anyone have an idea how to stop cats from coming to your garden?
I bought an ultrasound thing to scare them but it doesn't. I have recently bought citronella and cat silhouette but it does not seem to be too effective. I do not have a cat yet I have to clean cat poop, is that fair?

The only solution I have about cat shit, is an illegally act..... Hence cannot post it here......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 12:50pm On Jan 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

The only solution I have about cat shit, is an illegally act..... Hence cannot post it here......... cheesy
I know. I asked because ordinarily back in Naija the cat will not even try it but here it knows I am powerless. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Googledrive12: 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Complement of the season my people

Please I will like to know if anyone here flew with Air France recently. My wife is still in Nigeria trying to contact them to know if She will need a covid test for her journey back to London through France . We have been unable to get through. Somoeone said She might not because she is a British citizen, but I doubt if he is right. Please help me if you recently traveled back to the U.K. With Air France . Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
https://airfrance.traveldoc.aero/

Googledrive12:

Please I will like to know if anyone here flew with Air France recently. My wife is still in Nigeria trying to contact them to know if She will need a covid test for her journey back to London through France . We have been unable to get through. Somoeone said She might not because she is a British citizen, but I doubt if he is right. Please help me if you recently traveled back to the U.K. With Air France . Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
Happy New Year Eveyone!

Dear Frequent Travellers, when is the best time to buy Summer Tickets to Naija? Now or in February as some people suggest.

The prices I’m seeing now are already quite high. Please advise. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mamatukwas:
Happy New Year Eveyone!

Dear Frequent Travellers, when is the best time to buy Summer Tickets to Naija? Now or in February as some people suggest.

Once kids are on school holiday... be it half term, xmas, summer then the word cheap ticket doesnt exist. All Airlines exploit that .

So it either traveling outside school holiday or maybe a week before school breaks out. If not within school calendar holiday, the prices are high.

Since there still time maybe you wait and keep checking. Also with covid still here. We never know what the future holds for travelling ie last summer the airport was closed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Googledrive12: 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
Bourne007:
https://airfrance.traveldoc.aero/

Checked that and other online resources nothing before I came here to ask. I just spoke to there rep and she said since my wife will go through France she will need one. Thanks for your effort @Bourne007
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
Googledrive12:

She will.

KLM is insisting on covid test results 72 hours to the flight. And KLM & Air France are more or less the same.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
dustydee:

I’ll suggest get you own cat and that would stop other cats coming to your territory. Cats are very territorial and won’t tolerate invaders..... otherwise get a dog and declare animal civil war.. grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mamatukwas:
Happy New Year Eveyone!

Happy new year madam.... wink
I think you should hold on with buying summer tickets for now until the storm is over (Covid-19 vaccination and other issues)... No airline will sell discounted tickets now as we all know the aviation industry has been hit so bad by this pandemic....
I believe towards summer there will be a lot of discounts on international flights so as to encourage traveler and help boost the aviation industry once more ...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Once kids are on school holiday... be it half term, xmas, summer then the word cheap ticket doesnt exist. All Airlines exploit that .

So it either traveling outside school holiday or maybe a week before school breaks out. If not within school calendar holiday, the prices are high.

Since there still time maybe you wait and keep checking. Also with covid still here. We never know what the future holds for travelling ie last summer the airport was closed

Hmmm you are right. I would sha hate to wait and then the prices get even worse but it might be more prudent now. I hate how they exploit tickets to Naija sha undecided One of my husband’s colleagues bought a ticket home to Greece for £9 every month btw Jan-July. Can you imagine? Mtschew.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
wallg123:

Happy new year madam.... wink
I think you should hold on with buying summer tickets for now until the storm is over (Covid-19 vaccination and other issues)... No airline will sell discounted tickets now as we all know the aviation industry has been hit so bad by this pandemic....
I believe towards summer there will be a lot of discounts on international flights so as to encourage traveler and help boost the aviation industry once more ...

Okay Sir. Thank you that’s what we will do.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 6:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
wallg123:

I’ll suggest get you own cat and that would stop other cats coming to your territory. Cats are very territorial and won’t tolerate invaders..... otherwise get a dog and declare animal civil war.. grin
nah. I hate outdoor pets. They cannot roam outside freely and come back and lay on my sofa or carpet. No way. Plus the added wahala of feeding, vets, boarding when travelling etc.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2021
Mamatukwas:

Hmmm you are right. I would sha hate to wait and then the prices get even worse but it might be more prudent now. I hate how they exploit tickets to Naija sha undecided One of my husband’s colleagues bought a ticket home to Greece for £9 every month btw Jan-July. Can you imagine? Mtschew.

Funny enough check that same Greece when its children school holiday. You wont find it at the price . It would be much higher as well. However still good price
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Manutd19: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2021
Who got PTA from the bank recently?

I need 2k usd. Can I get it from GTB?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Go to any A&E...... accident and emergency. It's a department within the hospital and you will be attended to . So find the closest to your destination
A & E attends only to emergencies. If it is not emergency that requires admission,they are likely to send the person back to GP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.