Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1303643 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lynniebabes(f): 4:02pm On May 26, 2021
��� I’m done fighting [quote author=RalphJean post=102032048]

It will be near-impossible for you to prove that you actually got it from the hotel. Unless you are willing to spend £££ and do a ‘forensic’ sweep/ tests .[/quot
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lynniebabes(f): 4:03pm On May 26, 2021
Can a student do rent to buy a property?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 4:31pm On May 26, 2021
lynniebabes:

You meant buy to rent?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:41pm On May 26, 2021
lynniebabes:

In a british voice.... Buy-to-let

Usually the deposit of this is at least 25%.... does a student have that capital inadditon to their school fees and living expenses... yes maybe but there there an issue on ILR and other factors that would make mortgage hard.

If the student is a cash buyer then yeah why not

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2021
LagosismyHome:

In a british voice.... Buy-to-let

Usually the deposit of this is at least 25%.... does a student have that capital inadditon to their school fees and living expenses... yes maybe but there there an issue on ILR and other factors that would make mortgage hard.

If the student is a cash buyer then yeah why not

How will that work? I have read people say that here recently
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:01pm On May 26, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

How will that work? I have read people say that here recently

I have no idea but shebi its cash and carry. You pay and carry your property
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:13pm On May 26, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I have no idea but shebi its cash and carry. You pay and carry your property

It doesn't actually work that way...its a lot difficult to buy house cash-in-hand without you going through tough processes to back up the source of that money

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 10:27pm On May 26, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

It doesn't actually work that way...its a lot difficult to buy house cash-in-hand without you going through tough processes to back up the source of that money

Bit coin
Oyyel money
GME/AMC

Etc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 10:56pm On May 26, 2021
umarwy:

Bit coin
Oyyel money
GME/AMC

Etc
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sharpboyus(m): 1:52am On May 27, 2021
umarwy:

Bit coin
Oyyel money
GME/AMC

Etc

�� . Hodl Ape or paper hand ?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 2:43am On May 27, 2021
umarwy:

Bit coin
Oyyel money
GME/AMC

Etc

Doge to the moon!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:50am On May 27, 2021
umarwy:

Bit coin
Oyyel money
GME/AMC

Etc

grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adeyeti: 11:29am On May 27, 2021
Hello Everyone, please how can a professional in the medical field migrate to the US. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 11:59am On May 27, 2021
Adeyeti:
Hello Everyone, please how can a professional in the medical field migrate to the US. Thanks
Wrong thread, I’m afraid. This is Queensland sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 12:58pm On May 27, 2021
Adeyeti:

As the gentleman above said, wrong thread, but if you're enquiring about emigration as a doctor or nurse, the easiest developed English-speaking country to establish oneself is the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:07pm On May 27, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Doge to the safemoon!

Edited..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 5:35pm On May 27, 2021
Many thanks to all who responded to my previous questions.

I need help once again. This time around not a hypothetical situation but a real life one.

I applied for a 1 year Tier-2 visa in March. I paid IHS It was granted, to expire in April 2022 (based on my certificate of sponsorship).

A few days ago, I applied and switched to a new visa category (5 years). This is not the Health and care visa. I paid full IHS (again).

Can I apply for part refund of my IHS (as Na only 2 months I don ‘chop’ inside.

Anyone got experience?
Who do I even apply to?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gabiomoesu: 6:26pm On May 27, 2021
Good day house.

I am a BEng Civil Engineering student and I just concluded my exams yesterday. Can anyone please assist me on how to go about applying for jobs relevant to my field of study and in my area?

Justwise Lagosismyhome Lexusgs430 Sgtponzihater1
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:45pm On May 27, 2021
gabiomoesu:
Good day house.

I am a BEng Civil Engineering student and I just concluded my exams yesterday. Can anyone please assist me on how to go about applying for jobs relevant to my field of study and in my area?

Justwise Lagosismyhome Lexusgs430 Sgtponzihater1

Click these links.
Look carefully at the person specifications.
Then advise yourself, by yourself.

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&advn=7276068724504227&vjk=0a6f8530d41004d0

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&vjk=9ac14a1df53fb478

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&vjk=1139ed2cb8c473ac

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&start=10&advn=5764910856433511&vjk=d3c55bd02fe55c83

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&start=10&vjk=d02bc5fe9346a461

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mohtunrahyor(f): 9:40pm On May 27, 2021
STENON:

I don't blame her but let me blame the husband that didn't know the wife is never a graduate. How about NYSC? Course mates? Graduation ceremony? So many red flags for the man to have noticed such.
You can not blame the husband of the wife that did not graduate from school because some ladies can be very deceitful. A know someone who used fake O level to gain admission into university, she was caught and was expel in year 2. She didn’t go back home, she started squatting with friends in the hostel every year till final year, on the day of signing out, she gave her friend white vest to the faculty to help her. She borrowed gown on Convocation day to take pictures. The most shocking part is when she went to NYSC camp in Lagos, bribed her way to take pictures with NYSC uniform. She is married now and I don’t think her husband is aware she didn’t graduate for real.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olaness: 10:04pm On May 27, 2021
Please I'd like to know, how can one who has an OND in electrical engineering, a City and Guilds certificate and has worked for more than 7 years as an electrical technician with NNPC qualify to work in the UK as one?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gabiomoesu: 2:38am On May 28, 2021
RalphJean:

Click these links.
Look carefully at the person specifications.
Then advise yourself, by yourself.

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&advn=7276068724504227&vjk=0a6f8530d41004d0

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&vjk=9ac14a1df53fb478

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&vjk=1139ed2cb8c473ac

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&start=10&advn=5764910856433511&vjk=d3c55bd02fe55c83

https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=civil%20engineer&l=London&start=10&vjk=d02bc5fe9346a461

Will do that now. Thanks a lot
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 6:42am On May 28, 2021
Did you get a date and time or you walked in?
The postal order is gotten from where?
Inkredible:

Actually there’s two. Just found that out today surprisingly.

Finally figured out it’s the one at charring cross.

Ps: To anyone going for passport renewal today, you’ll need a Postal order or £20. They started requesting that today.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wongwe: 6:46am On May 28, 2021
justwise:

So if you don’t have any family member to invite you the question then is.. can you afford to pay for hotel accommodation for a month as a foreign student?

What will you be doing in US or Canada for a month as a tourist?

Thanks for the response. I can pay for my hotel accommodation and sponsor myself. I actually thought a month is the least they give on tourist visa, that’s why I said a month but I might not stay up to 2 weeks. To be sincere, I am just going for sightseeing and vacation in Florida…then return back to UK. I still have much to do here as a student.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 6:47am On May 28, 2021
Anyone who got the vague mail to proceed for biometrics at the NIS gotten clarity yet?

I m still awaiting a mail with date and time not sure if that is the right thing todo

Would have walked in if I were close to London Immigration office
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by starboychan: 8:22am On May 28, 2021
Good day seniors,

Please for tier 4 dependant visa, what kind of marriage certificate is required?.

Can normal Muslim certificate fly or has to be court. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 9:06am On May 28, 2021
Vooom:
Did you get a date and time or you walked in?
The postal order is gotten from where?

Walked in. Postal order can be gotten from the post office before heading out.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 9:44am On May 28, 2021
starboychan:
Good day seniors,

Please for tier 4 dependant visa, what kind of marriage certificate is required?.

Can normal Muslim certificate fly or has to be court. Thank you

Yep

I used a Sharia court certificate
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:33am On May 28, 2021
Vooom:
Anyone who got the vague mail to proceed for biometrics at the NIS gotten clarity yet?

I m still awaiting a mail with date and time not sure if that is the right thing todo

Would have walked in if I were close to London Immigration office

I thought this been answered that you can walk in with that email
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oggg: 4:22pm On May 28, 2021
wongwe:

Thanks for the response. I can pay for my hotel accommodation and sponsor myself. I actually thought a month is the least they give on tourist visa, that’s why I said a month but I might not stay up to 2 weeks. To be sincere, I am just going for sightseeing and vacation in Florida…then return back to UK. I still have much to do here as a student.
Sightseeing and vacation inside pandemic... ó wrong nau.. easiest way to be denied. Also check the Us visit thread for insight.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 4:32pm On May 28, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I thought this been answered that you can walk in with that email

Someone just fainted inside NHQ, dehydration ATI stress, sprinkled with failed system.

The best way to go about this passport with less hassle na to enter naija oh..

Because the cost is similar.

Why does one have to pay an agent 150£ after coming with Postal order? Nothing is straight forward smh

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 5:14pm On May 28, 2021
umarwy:

Someone just fainted inside NHQ, dehydration ATI stress, sprinkled with failed system.

The best way to go about this passport with less hassle na to enter naija oh..

Because the cost is similar.

Why does one have to pay an agent 150£ after coming with Postal order? Nothing is straight forward smh

Because they want to jump the queue and do it the ‘Naija way’. I waited 10 months and didn’t have to pay an extra dime, neither did I encounter any issue on my appointment date. Was in and out in 90 minutes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.