Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306387 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
Aphrodite007:

He works full time in a permanent position. Yeah he will explain that he is just moving it. If it’s easier he will submit the two statements but what I know is that his salary account is actually the account they care about (proof of earnings that tally with his payslips) in an easily accessible account.

Thanks for the response though

Who works full time, your husband or applicant? Because from your original question, I read applicant does govt contracts (not a permanent position).........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
Lexusgs430:

This is totally dependent on loads of factors... Applicant A can have N0.00 on their bank statement and get visa. While applicant b has N2Million and not get the visa...........
i mean a uk resident sponsoring a Nigerian family member
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2018
DaveChapelle:
i mean a uk resident sponsoring a Nigerian family member

The sponsor does not have to maintain a hefty balance, cash inflow + outflow is a prerequisites + avoiding negative balance.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by zibe(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Why not try exchanging it in Nigeria, before departing?

Thanks. Apparently I found out that this is a better option. Did it for a better cross rate than directly exchanging dollars to pounds in London.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by zibe(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
DaveChapelle:

the shops where they do western union money transfer and they put sign board on small pako, like the way they advertise recharge cards in Nigeria
. Alright. Thanks a lot. Would keep that in mind.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
zibe:

Thanks. Apparently I found out that this is a better option. Did it for a better cross rate than directly exchanging dollars to pounds in London.

When an old man speaks, he usually speaks wisdom........ Thank you.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:48am On Aug 24, 2018
dustydee:

I was questioning the need to move money between accounts. All he should do is show his savings (money for sponsoring the trip), which must be in his account for at least 3 months (not sure) and 6 months’ pay slips as proof of employment. Moving it will not be necessary.
There's no 1 yr visa, you either apply for 6 months, 2 yrs, 5yrs or 10yrs visa.

Alright, I get now. Thanks he will submit the statements for the savings account then. I thought they would like to see the salary entering his account monthly, hence the reason I wanted him to moved some money from the savings to the salary account so the salary account will show proof of salary entering his account and the sponsorship amount.

2 years might be taking a risk, we will go for the 6 months first.

Thanks a lot. Cheers
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:51am On Aug 24, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Who works full time, your husband or applicant? Because from your original question, I read applicant does govt contracts (not a permanent position).........

Sorry I thought you were referring to my hubby when you said this: I understand now. Thanks again

Lexusgs430:

The biggest guarantee of getting a visiting visa are - :

1 - Strong ties in Nigeria
2 - Been a grandma or grandpa

If he is presently not working or on a part time contracting schedule, it's a massive negative against his application.

If you beef up his account, he would need to explain source of that income. So beefing, does not help......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:53am On Aug 24, 2018
DaveChapelle:
do you have any idea how much minimum is decent enough to put in applications for?

Some people say the cost of flight ticket + £300 per week. So I’m over shooting with the £2000.

If the person will be staying in a hotel, then the hotel cost should be included. If the person is going sightseeing, that cost should be included too. Then throw in maybe £100 a week for feeding.

We have a spare room in the house, so we won’t need to pay for hotel. Meaning the £2k I’m budgeting is much but I just don’t want to hear stories that toush grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by zibe(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2018
Lexusgs430:

When an old man speaks, he usually speaks wisdom........ Thank you.....

LOL thanks boss.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 8:06am On Aug 24, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Alright, I get now. Thanks he will submit the statements for the savings account then. I thought they would like to see the salary entering his account monthly, hence the reason I wanted him to moved some money from the savings to the salary account so the salary account will show proof of salary entering his account and the sponsorship amount.

2 years might be taking a risk, we will go for the 6 months first.

Thanks a lot. Cheers
Better to still include his salary account statement, doesn't cost much but helps a lot.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by subomi2: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2018
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=70548631]

@justwise Hello Lexus & Justwise, i trust you are doing well. Hopefully , you remember me.

I need counsel for a friend. SHe has right of abode but lives in nigeria. now she wants to come and live here in the UK with her two kids who do not have anything. WHat does she need to apply for them? can they benefit from her ROA? Please can you advise. tried t osearch gov.uk but no clarity.

I will appreciate this help as always.

Kind regards.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2018
[quote author=subomi2 post=70590526][/quote]

How long has she been out of the UK for?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by subomi2: 9:58am On Aug 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

How long has she been out of the UK for?

Thanks Lexus for the prompt response, its only one child. Child is about 10years. she got her ROA after she had the child. she has always lived in nigeria...visits back and forth...max she has spent is 3months holiday in uk as child is in nigeria, she has never lived in the uk. has taken the child on holiday with visa before

she got the ROA in Nigeria through her mom who is british.. recently renewed the ROA sef.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2018
subomi2:

Thanks Lexus for the prompt response, its only one child. Child is about 10years. she got her ROA after she had the child. she has always lived in nigeria...visits back and forth...max she has spent is 3months holiday in uk as child is in nigeria, she has never lived in the uk. has taken the child on holiday with visa before

she got the ROA in Nigeria through her mom who is british.. recently renewed the ROA sef.

When she was filling for her ROA, it is presumed she mentioned her child as a dependent?

She simply needs to file an application for her child too...

NB : Trying to find process 4 requirements. Did she personally file for the ROA or instructed a lawyer?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by subomi2: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

When she was filling for her ROA, it is presumed she mentioned her child as a dependent?

She simply needs to file an application for her child too...

NB : Trying to find process 4 requirements. Did she personally file for the ROA or instructed a lawyer?

Right bruff, she applied personally.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:17am On Aug 25, 2018
subomi2:

Right bruff, she applied personally.

Have you seen this?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-settle-in-the-uk-as-a-child-under-18-form-setf

NB : Each documents downloaded contains about 41 pages.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by subomi2: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Have you seen this?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-settle-in-the-uk-as-a-child-under-18-form-setf

NB : Each documents downloaded contains about 41 pages.

wow!!. ill send to her. Thanks alot . i think she has better clarity now .

Lexus, Please let me ask a question for me.....when i was applying for my spouse visa. I included my 16year old brother as my dependant, cos i pay his fees and co. he is my moms last born. i was advised to do so to help make my case easier when i need to bring him over before he is 18. im on my spouse visa. my 2kids and hubby british. i have a job 24k. hubby too. can i apply for him to join us now? is it accepted? what application will it be? who will apply my hubby or me? hubby didnt say my brother was his dependant in his own british passport application but i put it in my spouse visa application and also lisyed the money we give him monthly in my expenses/responsibilities monthly.

please guide. mom is on my neck to take him off her. if it is possible easily i dont mind, he has just finished waec.

thank you in advance
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:26am On Aug 25, 2018
subomi2:

wow!!. ill send to her. Thanks alot . i think she has better clarity now .

Lexus, Please let me ask a question for me.....when i was applying for my spouse visa. I included my 16year old brother as my dependant, cos i pay his fees and co. he is my moms last born. i was advised to do so to help make my case easier when i need to bring him over before he is 18. im on my spouse visa. my 2kids and hubby british. i have a job 24k. hubby too. can i apply for him to join us now? is it accepted? what application will it be? who will apply my hubby or me? hubby didnt say my brother was his dependant in his own british passport application but i put it in my spouse visa application and also lisyed the money we give him monthly in my expenses/responsibilities monthly.

please guide. mom is on my neck to take him off her. if it is possible easily i dont mind, he has just finished waec.

thank you in advance

You already have him listed as a dependent, which is good. Would need to critically evaluate this, just need to look at the finer legalities.....

Plenty things comes to mind, DNA, adoption and other issues.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2018
**********************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*******************************************************************************************************************************eerie*********************************************************************************
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LaaJiblik: 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
Toochinnadi:
Hello,

Please I am going to the UK (St Andrews in Scotland) to study for a one year masters programme.

I want to seek options of moving to Europe, to study for another masters, then probably further to a job or a PhD before returning to the country.

Do you have any advice to give me on how to realise this dream; what to expect from Scotland; how to live economically in St Andrews, so as to save up for my further studies; what and what to travel with; and any other thing you think I should know.

I expect your kind response, please.

You want to a:
UK Masters ....(I)
Europe Masters ... (II)
Europe PhD (or work) ... (III)

Is that correct?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
Toochinnadi:
Hello,

Please I am going to the UK (St Andrews in Scotland) to study for a one year masters programme.

I want to seek options of moving to Europe, to study for another masters, then probably further to a job or a PhD before returning to the country.

Do you have any advice to give me on how to realise this dream; what to expect from Scotland; how to live economically in St Andrews, so as to save up for my further studies; what and what to travel with; and any other thing you think I should know.

I expect your kind response, please.

You want two masters and a PhD??

People here get great jobs without a degree and you want to have 4 (plus your BSc)? NAwa o, didn’t think Nigeria was that bad.

If you truly want to emigrate, why not pick a country that you can live in after your master’s? US, Canada and Aus.

Anyway to answer your questions: Scotland’s is lovely, but the UK doesn’t allow students work more than 20 hours in a week, and you can’t do real jobs, so it will be a dream to savemoney for a second master’s.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by apostlejuly(m): 12:55am On Aug 27, 2018
Hello friends...
I would be arriving London by first week of Sept for my masters program...I am finding it difficult to secure an accommodation off campus...
Please gurus I need ur help...I want to settle my accommodation ish from here...hope it's possible?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:51am On Aug 27, 2018
apostlejuly:
Hello friends...
I would be arriving London by first week of Sept for my masters program...I am finding it difficult to secure an accommodation off campus...
Please gurus I need ur help...I want to settle my accommodation ish from here...hope it's possible?

Check the postcode of your uni, then use the postcode to look for a house share on sparerooms.co.uk (because you’ve used the postcode, it will show you houses around the uni). Houseshare is good because you sometimes don’t need a guarantor to get a room, but get ready to share kitchen or toilet with strangers/students.

Alternatively, you can search for the Nigerian society or afro-Caribbean society of your uni and then ask them for help with accommodation.

Just prepare your mind to sleep in a hotel or bed and breakfast for at least one night, to enable you inspect all the rooms you find online.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:52am On Aug 27, 2018
apostlejuly:
Hello friends...

Always best you physically see what you paying for.... Accommodation scammers are plentiful in the UK, shine your eyes + brain.....

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hi. I'm a licensed optometrist here in Nigeria am hoping to relocate to UK for prereg OD for me to practice over there. How is income scale of medicos in UK
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
Doneze:
Hi. I'm a licensed optometrist here in Nigeria am hoping to relocate to UK for prereg OD for me to practice over there. How is income scale of medicos in UK

Zoom in, information for reference only....

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by apostlejuly(m): 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Check the postcode of your uni, then use the postcode to look for a house share on sparerooms.co.uk (because you’ve used the postcode, it will show you houses around the uni). Houseshare is good because you sometimes don’t need a guarantor to get a room, but get ready to share kitchen or toilet with strangers/students.

Alternatively, you can search for the Nigerian society or afro-Caribbean society of your uni and then ask them for help with accommodation.

Just prepare your mind to sleep in a hotel or bed and breakfast for at least one night, to enable you inspect all the rooms you find online.

Thanks a lot for this...
Yea I think this bread and breakfast thing is ideal
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by apostlejuly(m): 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Always best you physically see what you paying for.... Accommodation scammers are plentiful in the UK, shine your eyes + brain.....

Thanks a lot
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:41am On Aug 28, 2018
apostlejuly:

Thanks a lot for this...
Yea I think this bread and breakfast thing is ideal

As I see you so, you go love Agege bread.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Zoom in, information for reference only....

Thanks can you help me with the Job site.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.