Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nollywood And It's Madness - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood And It's Madness (409 Views)

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness Free Download / Latest Nollywood And Africa Movies - Trailers, Behind The Scenes, Comedy Etc. / How To Join The Nollywood And Become A Nigeria Actor Or Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood And It's Madness by Queerlyshrewd: 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
Does this sound any familiar?
An impoverished boy in love with this rich girl, maybe he's the driver to his boss's daughter . She learns about the boy's love for her and outrightly condemns the boy's feelings . The boy in one way or the other earns a scholarship to study abroad or gets a top "oil company" job and then, goes to the girl to share the news with a smirk on his face. On hearing the seeming good news, the girl in question is filled with regret. Wishing she had giving him a chance.

This is a classic NOLLYWOOD story and it is beyond stupid.
Wait, let me explain .
Big Breaks do occur in life. Although rare but they do. My problem with this storyline is the morale of the story. What can one learn ?
Let me guess, to never undermine anyone?
I can't even think of another reason but still it doesn't add up.

Obviously, Life is not a bed of roses . It separates everyone into different stratum in society, and whether you accept it or dont, i do believe we are inbuilt to think highly of ourselves over someone we are either richer, finer, smarter or more religious than. It's just how we are.

Don't get me wrong. What I'm passing across is different from pride entirely. I'm talking about that subtle anger you feel when that boy who wears only one trouser with that brown shoe stops you to say " excuse me sister, i want to tell you something".
It's the reason why no one likes to settle for less.
Do you?

So, if you're broke boy out there, accept your status and toast girls in or below your status. Don't hope for the senator's daughter to like you and to the girls, don't hope that the Igwe's son will fall for the slave. Leave Nollywood for Nollywood, real life is totally different.

http://queerlyshrewd..com

(1) (Reply)

Peter Dinklage Says ‘it’s Time’ For Game Of Thrones To End / Why Has Nollywood Lost It's Value Entirely / Atomica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.