Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Can We Teach Our Universities A Lesson With This Case At Hand? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can We Teach Our Universities A Lesson With This Case At Hand? (330 Views)

How To Prepare A Lesson Plan / Outdated Curriculum Of 2004 Still Used In Our Universities & Polytechnics / Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can We Teach Our Universities A Lesson With This Case At Hand? by Zainasma: 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
This could be an opportunity to correct the many years of maltreatment.
I studied masters in banking and finance in one of the universities and completed the course in 2011. When the results were pasted, I saw an F in one of the courses and immediately I did not believe, I met a lecturer friend who went with me zg inquiry in the department. The coordinator who happened to be the course lecturer checked and told us that I dont have a CA that was the reason for the fail. I told them I did the CA and he even gave us the script. He told me confidentlty that, If I can bring the CA I have passed. I went home and brought the script to him which was 22 marks and he added up with exam score and I got a C and he made the correction on the copy of result with him. 
When the results were finally taken to the senate, they took the mistake results there and I couldn't get my notification with other colleagues. 
To cut the story short, I continue pursuing the issue until 2013,before the pg school gave me the Statement of result. 
Now, to get the notification is the thug of war. the Senate have refuse to approve the result till now, bringing different problem at any time the result get to them, ranging from improper formats to wrong gp computation, to correspondence copies etc. 
They have continued to toss me around from the department to the faculty to pg school to academic office. i am tired of the whole issue. I have being unemployed since 2013, all efforts to get the result to be used in securing a job has been carelessly jeopardised. 
I need your advice, if I can institute a law suit against the university and claim some damages?
What are the steps to be taken.

(1) (Reply)

ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike November / Looking For Best Online PGD In Business Administration And Management / Apply Now For A Law Degree At University Of East London U.K And You Be Glad You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.