Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? (644 Views)

Why Does Samsung Phones Pictures Look Blury / Why Does Redmi 9A Have A G25 Processor ? / Why Does Jumia Delay Refund Of A Cancelled Order. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by sicily4u: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
Experts in the house, why does live record from phone consumed more space of gig than ordinary downloaded video/movies,
For instance a 1hr live record can take up to 10gig while YouTube or ordinary downloaded movies of 5hrs can only take about 1.5 or 2gig
Re: Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by finnestdope(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
wish i could help buh i dnt know, lemme join u and wait for the Geeks
Re: Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by hyuga(m): 3:55am On Nov 06, 2017
Depends on the phone you are recording with. A phone recording at FHD (1080P) will consume A lot of space while HD (720P) will consume lesser. Now if you download say a 1hr vid of 720P it may be 800mb considering the audio it's dubbed with cos after recording the audio files which the movie was recorded in are changed to reduce size. Most come with heavy stereo audio file like aac or 480kbps mp3 which has to be changed to maybe 128kbps mp3 or 96 to save size or compressing the aac audio. So your 720p downloaded video is already lesser compared to its real raw format that would originally be 1gb upwards.
All I am trying to say is downloaded videos have been compressed from their raw size while your recorded video is still raw hence the huge size.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by sicily4u: 5:34am On Nov 06, 2017
hyuga:
Depends on the phone you are recording with. A phone recording at FHD (1080P) will consume A lot of space while HD (720P) will consume lesser. Now if you download say a 1hr vid of 720P it may be 800mb considering the audio it's dubbed with cos after recording the audio files which the movie was recorded in are changed to reduce size. Most come with heavy stereo audio file like aac or 480kbps mp3 which has to be changed to maybe 128kbps mp3 or 96 to save size or compressing the aac audio. So your 720p downloaded video is already lesser compared to its real raw format that would originally be 1gb upwards.
All I am trying to say is downloaded videos have been compressed from their raw size while your recorded video is still raw hence the huge size.

Thanks for ur input, but my phone is on FHD
But is the of FHD and HD are the same in bright and clear after recording ?
Re: Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by hyuga(m): 6:01am On Nov 06, 2017
sicily4u:

Thanks for ur input, but my phone is on FHD
But is the of FHD and HD are the same in bright and clear after recording ?
Quality is different. When you play your FHD or HD recording on your pc you will see the difference. Their audio would most likely be same but video quality is totally different.
Re: Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by sicily4u: 6:06am On Nov 06, 2017
[quote author=hyuga post=62112652]
Quality is different. When you play your FHD or HD recording on your pc you will see the difference. Their audio would most likely be same but video quality is totally different.[/quote

]
And on the same phone, any difference, becos this FHD consumed my gig so much
Re: Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by samsard(m): 6:18am On Nov 06, 2017
[quote author=sicily4u post=62112700][/quote]Should depend on the display resolution of your phone. Its pointless playing a FHD recording on a 720p screen as the maximum output is HD. But you'll notice the difference when you move to say a larger display with FHD resolution.
Re: Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by hyuga(m): 7:05am On Nov 06, 2017
[quote author=sicily4u post=62112700][/quote]
On phone not noticeable. Especially when your screen is HD. So I'll advice u record on HD if I want to save a litle more space
Re: Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by sicily4u: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2017
hyuga:

On phone not noticeable. Especially when your screen is HD. So I'll advice u record on HD if I want to save a litle more space
Alright I have set my recording to HD, I was disappointed yesterday I went for occasion, I have to delete some of my movies and old recorded film to free some space, anyway I need to get SD 32gig to boost it, do u know how much it cost now ?
Re: Why Does Live Record Take/consumed More Gig ? by hyuga(m): 6:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
sicily4u:

Alright I have set my recording to HD, I was disappointed yesterday I went for occasion, I have to delete some of my movies and old recorded film to free some space, anyway I need to get SD 32gig to boost it, do u know how much it cost now ?
No idea but prepare for a 4k price tag. Also see if you can further reduce your video quality.

(1) (Reply)

Leak. See The Latest Upcoming Phones From Alcatel. / How To Remove Scratches From Android Screen / Who Has 3d Tempered Glass For Redmi 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.