Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) (30477 Views)

Nasarawa Footballer, Jonah Slumps And Dies During Match (Photos) / Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training / Footballer Damilola Slumps And Dies During Match In Osun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by exlinkleads(f): 12:21am On Nov 06, 2017
A popular sports coach and fitness trainer in Cross River State, Paul Banigo slumped and died in UJ Esuene Stadium, Calabar on Saturday November 4th.

Below is the account by Rt. Hon. Orok Otu Duke, CRS Sports Commission...

"He jogged into the UJ Esuene Stadium in the morning to keep a rendezvous with the members of the public and sundry state Athletes, who had adopted him as their personal coach and Aerobics Instructor. However, today's rendezvous turned out to be with death.

As coach Paul Banigo was putting together his exercise tools, he slumped and cried for help, but none was rendered. All those present, initially ran to different compass directions, for sundry reasons. Paul Banigo died.

The Stadium Clinic is not functional and I am working with the Hon Commissioner for Health to remedy this anomaly.

Today's tragedy caught us by surprise and came to us at a time that we are financially unstable. Since no hospital would accept Coach Banigo's Corpse without the requisite financial commitment, we were left in a quandary. But initial help came our way through ex Gov Donald Duke and his wife Onari... (God bless Their Benevolent Souls). Mrs Duke reached out to the Navy Hospital, Calabar and they agreed to receive the body for "autopsy and embalmment".

We have visited the hospital for the third time this night, the Corpse is in good hands and His Excellency, Governor Ben Ayade has been briefed accordingly and the needful will be done.

As a staff of the CRS, Paul had taken up the extra responsibility of taking up those who had recently been dislocated from using the House of Assembly hill for exercise purposes, due to recent security concerns. On the fateful Saturday morning, Paul died on duty, on official duty. But when he fell, initial help could not be rendered. Not even a CPR? So sad.

The 8 years relegation of the Sports Commission created the rot... No Ambulances, offices, buses,facilities etc. The process of rebuilding the infrastructure and repositioning sports is on and it is "work in progress".

The CRS Governor will fund and staff the UJ Esuene Stadium Clinic, we are committed to work with the Commissioner for Health, SA Budget and the CRSHA to achieve this with the 2018 Budget.
No avoidable tragedy should befall us again in CRS Sports family. Never Again.

Rest in Peace Coach Paul Banigo.

Rt. Hon. Orok Otu Duke JP
Chairman,
CRS Sports Commission.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/11/breaking-news-nigerian-coach-slumps-and.html

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by sholatech(m): 12:42am On Nov 06, 2017
You see..Irony of life..When i go for my usual medical tests, they ring it to my ears to develop regular exercise habits..But i keep reading about athletes and people with serious exercise habits collapsing and dyring while at it..So if i dont exercise, I will die..If i exercise, I go still die..Abeg let me continue to chop life oo

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 12:50am On Nov 06, 2017
Nothing useful is work, bad leaders. RIP
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by meezynetwork(m): 5:54am On Nov 06, 2017
So bad. Nigerian health care sector is in shambles

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by sukkot: 9:15am On Nov 06, 2017
hmmm
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Spaxon(f): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2017
code red Code red. Code red
VILLAGE PEOPLE I REPEAT VILLAGE PEOPLE

ALL UNITS STANDBY

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL

SHOOT ANY VILLAGER AT CLOSE RANGE

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by oluwasegun007(m): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2017
NAIJA medical system... undecided

if I get my money....small headache I dey book my next available flight...I can't pay for wetin I no cos.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2017
The rate people are slumping and dying under this Administration heen..we are still mourning Tinubu's son who also slumped.2019 where are you?

4 Likes

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Dollabiz: 9:16am On Nov 06, 2017
Oh
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 06, 2017
sad

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by NotComplaining: 9:16am On Nov 06, 2017
'Health' can kill too apparently

When youre feeling very healthy look in the mirror and ask God for more time.

10 Likes

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by iamleumas: 9:17am On Nov 06, 2017
cry
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Primebuilders(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2017
sholatech:
You see..Irony of life..When i go for my usual medical tests, they ring it to my ears to develop regular exercise habits..But i keep reading about athletes and people with serious exercise habits collapsing and dyring while at it..So if i dont exercise, I will die..If i exercise, I go still die..Abeg let me continue to chop life oo

Too much of every good thing is bad. Even in exercise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 06, 2017
RIP
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by psalmhorah(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2017
ahah . too much of everything is not good....
exercise 50% not 100%... .RIP...
may God console ya family ...

3 Likes

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by IAmSkinny: 9:18am On Nov 06, 2017
I believe he would have survived with prompt first aid treatment and a stand by medic team. This is Nigeria, nothing like paramedics, nothing like first aid! He slumped and people ran away in different directions probably because the Nigerian police factor may come in later.
In Nigeria, one can die from something as little as a stab wound to the thigh: you will bleed to death. RIP sir.

5 Likes

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by greatnow: 9:18am On Nov 06, 2017
This could be heart attack, regular BP check is very important.

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 06, 2017
If the trainer could slump and die how much more the trainees. Who says sports is easy??.

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Lordave: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2017
There's no paracetamol in Aso rock billion dollar clinic, I don't expect paracetamol nylon to be in UJ Esuene clinic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by infogenius(m): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2017
Rip coach
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by tygar(m): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2017
sholatech:
DO YOU KNOW ?A RABBIT runs, jumps and lives for only fifteen(15) years while a TORTOISE doesn't attempt any of such activities but lives for 300 years or more?LESSON: Exercise is a lie. Laziness is the key. Just relax!!!

6 Likes

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by freeman95(m): 9:22am On Nov 06, 2017
It happens

One way or the other , man go die..

Rip man... We sef go soon join u, whether now or 1000years, we are all dead people..

Night•

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Queenlovely(f): 9:22am On Nov 06, 2017
Sebastine1994
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by vedaxcool(m): 9:22am On Nov 06, 2017
Sad .... some people have congenital heart abnormalities this usually come up during strenuous activities

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by muller101(m): 9:23am On Nov 06, 2017
They all ran away when he needed help
U see human beings. And all will claim to be honest
Thank God I am dishonest. grin

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Ezumakingsley(m): 9:24am On Nov 06, 2017
Karma stephen keshi

9ja go beg that man for grave

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by talk2percy(m): 9:25am On Nov 06, 2017
Eeeyyyaaa, he was calling for help and people were running away from him, why kwanu??
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:25am On Nov 06, 2017
exlinkleads:
A popular sports coach and fitness trainer in Cross River State, Paul Banigo slumped and died in UJ Esuene Stadium, Calabar on Saturday November 4th.

Below is the account by Rt. Hon. Orok Otu Duke, CRS Sports Commission...

"He jogged into the UJ Esuene Stadium in the morning to keep a rendezvous with the members of the public and sundry state Athletes, who had adopted him as their personal coach and Aerobics Instructor. However, today's rendezvous turned out to be with death.

As coach Paul Banigo was putting together his exercise tools, he slumped and cried for help, but none was rendered. All those present, initially ran to different compass directions, for sundry reasons. Paul Banigo died.

The Stadium Clinic is not functional and I am working with the Hon Commissioner for Health to remedy this anomaly.

Today's tragedy caught us by surprise and came to us at a time that we are financially unstable. Since no hospital would accept Coach Banigo's Corpse without the requisite financial commitment, we were left in a quandary. But initial help came our way through ex Gov Donald Duke and his wife Onari... (God bless Their Benevolent Souls). Mrs Duke reached out to the Navy Hospital, Calabar and they agreed to receive the body for "autopsy and embalmment".

We have visited the hospital for the third time this night, the Corpse is in good hands and His Excellency, Governor Ben Ayade has been briefed accordingly and the needful will be done.

As a staff of the CRS, Paul had taken up the extra responsibility of taking up those who had recently been dislocated from using the House of Assembly hill for exercise purposes, due to recent security concerns. On the fateful Saturday morning, Paul died on duty, on official duty. But when he fell, initial help could not be rendered. Not even a CPR? So sad.

The 8 years relegation of the Sports Commission created the rot... No Ambulances, offices, buses,facilities etc. The process of rebuilding the infrastructure and repositioning sports is on and it is "work in progress".

The CRS Governor will fund and staff the UJ Esuene Stadium Clinic, we are committed to work with the Commissioner for Health, SA Budget and the CRSHA to achieve this with the 2018 Budget.
No avoidable tragedy should befall us again in CRS Sports family. Never Again.

Rest in Peace Coach Paul Banigo.

Rt. Hon. Orok Otu Duke JP
Chairman,
CRS Sports Commission.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/11/breaking-news-nigerian-coach-slumps-and.html

what he was avoiding by going into fitness killed him. Does it mean he wasnt fit?I can't understand. C this one with his many titles b4 and after his name yet he can't provide mortuary fee. If onari duke didn't show, am sure he would have carried d corpse home

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Ezumakingsley(m): 9:25am On Nov 06, 2017
Ozo emena
rip deceased
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Ibbravo(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2017
When Nigerians see people that needs help on the verge to die,that when they flee.....Nobody want palava.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gambler Incurs N145,000 Debt While Celebrating N36,000 Win / Chealsea And The Teams Messi Has Never Scored Against / The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.