Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan (8709 Views)

K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' / World Cup Song Which Is Better: Shakira Or K'naan? / K'naan's Album Release : "troubadour" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
Football fan or not, we have to agree that the unveiling of the theme songs of football tournaments is sumn that unites everyone.
South Africa '10 lived to the expectations we've come to place on theme songs with K'naan, the Somalian-Canadian artist tearing up the mic with his hit Waving Flag.

I was rooting for a Femi Kuti song, being the patriotic Nigerian that I am . . . but this just fit in perfectly for me. grin grin
Not since Ricky Martin's La Copa De La Vida have I been this excited about a WC theme song.

You guys should just say what you think about the song and where it stands compared to the ones you've heard in the past.

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYfa0__P_pI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by Genuflect(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2010
This is the one Banky and MI are on and produced by eLDee, right? Any download link?
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
Genuflect:

This is the one Banky and MI are on and produced by eLDee, right? Any download link?

Nah, this is K'naan . . . a Somalian guy.

I've not got a download link, I'd tell you if I get it converted to mp3.
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2010
I <3 K'naan. And yep, they couldn't have picked a better anthem.
Eldee, how do you post videos, btw? Did a search and looked in the Help section, but couldn't find how. Thanks. :-)
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2010
Yield:

Eldee, how do you post videos, btw? Did a search and looked in the Help section, but couldn't find how. Thanks. :-)

This link gives a step-by-step illustration.
Tell me if you get stuck.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-162414.32.html#msg3901393
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by Genuflect(m): 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
eldee:

Nah, this is K'naan . . . a Somalian guy.
I've not got a download link, I'd tell you if I get it converted to mp3.
I know K'naan but Banky and eLDee was tweeting about Waving Flag (Remix) so I thought it was the same one you were talking about. Anyway, still chilling for the download link
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by blackalien: 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
Still bumping to K'naan's TROUBADOR album. The dude is sick!
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2010
Genuflect:

I know K'naan but Banky and eLDee was tweeting about Waving Flag (Remix) so I thought it was the same one you were talking about. Anyway, still chilling for the download link

That'll be perfect, a Nigerian feel to the song?? That's nice.
Hope they release it before we're out this time grin grin

Here's the download link for the World Cup Version. . . used 4shared jst cus you always talk bout not being able to download from rapidshare.

http://www.4shared.com/file/244719249/c94f5d33/Waving_Flag__Celebration_Mix_.html
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
blackalien:

Still bumping to K'naan's TROUBADOR album. The dude is sick!
I really like the Troubador album, top drawer.

Hehehe . . .but that's old.
Get with the times, K'naan's already done a Fela mixtape. grin grin
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by Genuflect(m): 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
eldee:

That'll be perfect, a Nigerian feel to the song?? That's nice.
Hope they release it before we're out this time grin grin

Here's the download link for the World Cup Version. . . used 4shared jst cus you always talk bout not being able to download from rapidshare.

http://www.4shared.com/file/244719249/c94f5d33/Waving_Flag__Celebration_Mix_.html

Omo, thanx for using 4shared jor. Like say you dey read my mind. By the way, somebody just tweeted the notjustok link to the Waving Flag (Naija Mix) ft. Banky W & MI
http://www.notjustok.com/2010/03/19/premiere-knnan-ft-banky-w-m-i-wavin-flag-official-naija-version/
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
Genuflect:

Omo, thanx for using 4shared jor. Like say you dey read my mind. By the way, somebody just tweeted the notjustok link to the Waving Flag (Naija Mix) ft. Banky W & MI
http://www.notjustok.com/2010/03/19/premiere-knnan-ft-banky-w-m-i-wavin-flag-official-naija-version/

You ROC!!!

Chei . . . I have one big massive Nigerian flag here.
I'm having a nigga-moment screaming loud and waving the flag. . .
I liked the fact that the M.I verse was short . . . I hereby declare Banky the Model Artist of our Generation. grin grin

He truly loves Nigeria, not just the celebrity . . . Maga No Need Pay, Umbrella (Naija Mix), ACN song, and now this??
He's belief in the need for National pride just blows me away, raising the spirits of Nigerian youths might be hard, but he's fighting tooth and nail to do it.

You need to see him on Facebook doing what would only be fit for the Politics section here.
I respect him . . . and M.I too.
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2010
Who said good music doesn't cut through ethnic/racial barriers??
Well you musta missed the Remix of the Remix with David Bisbal . . . a Spanish chart-topper.

The fusion of the Latin feel with the African vibe comes out perfect.
No faults!!!

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbPZDEx-8-Q&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by lalaboi(m): 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2010
Super song. . . i tell you!!

Naija remix just dey my head go hjadhjvddbasb lol
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2010
eldee:

This link gives a step-by-step illustration.
Tell me if you get stuck.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-162414.32.html#msg3901393

Thanks. Trying it out with this video. Yaay! cheesy

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHjgcE4YYsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2010
Yield:

Thanks. Trying it out with this video. Yaay! cheesy

Cool . . . proud of you. wink wink
What better song is there to launch with than Struggling??

The realest thing to me is, since I was a foetus
The only break I ever got was at recess

The whole crew had crazy names
We even had a cripple we used to call[b] lazy legs[/b]
grin grin grin
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by A40(m): 3:27am On Mar 21, 2010
Lol Strugglin that song has 114 plays on my I-Tunes. If this world was not rotten why would Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga be winning Grammies when peeps like K'Naan don't even get nominations? For goodness sake they nominated Flo-rida's album for best rap

I like Waving Flag but Anastacia's 'Boom' is the bestest! Using Nicki Menaj 'English'
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by slimshay(m): 10:29am On Mar 21, 2010
Truth be told, i dont like the 'dumbed' down lyrics for the world cup version.

Waving Flags is a very conscious song for child soldiers and others in adversity in Africa. The day i first heard this song i was in a reflective mood for the whole day. The hook stuck with me for days on a repetitive loop. Very few songs about adversity and hope gets to my consciousness so. Then imagine my shock when i heard. . .'See the champions, take to the field now' I couldnt just relate.

Anyways the World Cup are happy days, we could forget our sorrows for the while no? smiley
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2010
thought it was matisyahu who did it when first heard it.this is one brilliant song alongside bad romance in almost 50yrs
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2010
A-40:

Lol Strugglin that song has 114 plays on my I-Tunes. If this world was not rotten why would Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga be winning Grammies when peeps like K'Naan don't even get nominations? For goodness sake they nominated Flo-rida's album for best rap

I like Waving Flag but Anastacia's 'Boom' is the bestest! Using Nicki Menaj 'English'

Waving Flag has about 150 plays on my I-tunes . . . and then prolly 300 on my I-touch. grin grin
I think the fact that he's not signed in the US counts against him.
Just see the way the Haiti 25 version of We Are The World [/i]made headlines while Canada's Young Artistes for Haiti's rendition of [i]Waving Flag was only heard in Toronto.
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2010
slimshay:

Truth be told, i dont like the 'dumbed' down lyrics for the world cup version.

Waving Flags is a very conscious song for child soldiers and others in adversity in Africa. The day i first heard this song i was in a reflective mood for the whole day. The hook stuck with me for days on a repetitive loop. Very few songs about adversity and hope gets to my consciousness so. Then imagine my shock when i heard. . .'See the champions, take to the field now' I couldnt just relate.

Anyways the World Cup are happy days, we could forget our sorrows for the while no? smiley

Hehehe . . . if I start counting how many versions of Waving Flag I've heard, I'll have to use my fingers and toes.
K'naan is enjoying legend status, with the way everyone wants a piece of that song. . . I can't believe it didn't get a Grammy.

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB7L1BIDELc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by DBR: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2010
Wavin flag~~hmmm i luv that song!
the 9ja version~~cool as well.
Banky~~that boy, that boy! U can tell
he has a heart for motherland.
M.i came tru as usual.

Good look for k'naan, the brotha is dope.

oNe
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by blackalien: 3:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
Heard the Nigerian remix on Notjustok. Nice one!
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 24, 2010
This is my first time of hearing of K'naan. I like the 'Young Artists for Haiti" version.
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 12:18am On Mar 24, 2010
stillwater:

This is my first time of hearing of K'naan. I like the 'Young Artists for Haiti" version.

I would send you his album, but I figured you'll prolly not like him . . . half his songs are rap.
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 24, 2010
Lol. I like the song not his voice. He sang the first lines, right?

About the rap thing, you guessed right. grin
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by DBR: 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
The canadian young artist version ROCKSSSSSSSSSS!

oNe
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by eldee(m): 4:21am On Apr 04, 2010
[center][size=16pt]Keys, Jay-Z 'Give up on Football Anthem'[/size][/center]

Alicia Keys and Jay-Z have reportedly given up on writing a song for the World Cup.

Keys, who will be performing at the World Cup Kick-off Concert in June, had planned to write an anthem with the rapper especially for the event.

"If we did a record about soccer it would be obvious we didn't know much more about the sport than who David Beckham is," the Sun reports her saying.

The concert, which takes place on June 10, will also have performances from Black Eyed Peas, Shakira and Cheryl Cole.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a211731/keys-jay-z-give-up-on-football-anthem.html
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by THEAMAKA(f): 4:24am On Apr 04, 2010
I LOVE THIS SONG!!!
for once i can listen to a naija song more than 10 times and not be bored with it.
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by lalaboi(m): 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2010
THE AMAKA:

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!
for once i can listen to a naija song more than 10 times and not be bored with it.

Its not a naija song . .
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by THEAMAKA(f): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2010
lalaboi:

Its not a naija song . .
it's not? well i guess that explains it. lol
i know k'nanna isn't nigerian but banky w and that other guy are in it, so i guess it has some naijaness to it.
but oh well
cheesy
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by lalaboi(m): 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2010
Thats the naija version u listening to. . .

The origo is by a somalian guy Knaan. . .whom i suppose this thread is about tongue
U nor dey read 1st post of the thread ni?
Re: Official SA 2010 World Cup Song - Waving Flag: Celebration Remix by K'naan by THEAMAKA(f): 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2010
lol NO.
but i saw sa, world cup, k'naan so. . .
GOSH, i need to go back to sleep.
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Full Tracks: MI Abaga Album – Chairman / 9ice New Singles Adigun Ojuwon'lo, Attitude & Everyday (free Downloads) / Download Mp3 Roddy Ricch – The Box Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.