Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

How I Was Duped Today! Beware! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Duped Today! Beware! (3413 Views)

British Woman Duped Of £1.6m By Nigerian Fraudsters Via Online Dating Site (Pic) / 'Alfa duped female Doctor In Search Of Pregnancy and Money Ritual’ (Pictured) / How I Was Duped Of N465,000 @trans Amadi, PH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by safeact(m): 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2010
My heart is filled with grief and sorrow as i have allowed myself to be dubed by some unscrupulous people. It was at d early hour of yesterday that i received a phone call from an unknown person who identified himself as Engr Anthony Nwokolo, and a former staff of NNPC Enugu branch. According to him,he was d procurement officer at Enugu branch but has been transfered to NNPC Kaduna where he was relieved of d position due to tribalism. He went further to tell me that we met while i was in d university  and so knew that im someone that he can trust, therefore he needs me to go to Asaba to d ministry of mines and power where i will have to meet with one elder Francis Ezeh who supplies him with pump cork,filial type-whw,10v at  d price of N200,000 per pkt.  He told me that some consultants and d new hausa procurement officer are coming to Onitsha where he told them that d importer is staying to buy about 50pkts. And that he doesnt want them to know where he used to buy d products as he usually add up to N80,000 to a pkt. To cut d story short, having spoken with d elder and d hausa man, i decided to help him with d deal after all he has promised me 60% of d money. Do d  maths ursf. Some friends advised me against it since i now need to deposite about N200,000 to elder to be given a sample of d product that d white man needs to see to cönfirm that im d real importer but later i told myself  that business is about risk. It is like a dice.  It all dawned on me dis afternoon that i have been dubed. A whole nwa afor igbo dika mu! Well, dis their format is d latest style,and dönt be surprise that u will fall if u have nt being warn no matter how intelligent and smart u think u are!  Pls i beg ur pardon, dont critise or call me names because i already what is in ur mind but see this as an advise and warning from a friend. We are in d world of experience, and everybody is a student. Beware.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by violent(m): 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2010
Sorry about that boss!. . i will call the boys to order
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2010
Sorry about that. Got series of calls like that too but I just can tell from their stories what they're up to
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by safeact(m): 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2010
Do u know any of them? Tnx shaa
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by 18platoon(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2010
nna sorry ooh, guys dont respond to callers you dont know, no matter how sweet the offer is.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by 9ijaprince(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
"Sorry" "kpele" "ndo",
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by oderemo(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
A whole nwa afor igbo dika mu! Well
lmaof.heheheheheheheheh grin grin grin grin grin.
remind me of the time i was conned by some south africans of £5000. they took me from croydon to some hotel in east london with a white man front. all for what?, a blooming fake DIAMOND.  grin grin grin. couldnt  tell my wife for a yr.
sorry bro. na so life be. grin grin
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by Fhemmmy: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2010
I just wish Nigerians could stop all these fraud thing, it is bad for:
Nigerians in Nigeria
Nigerians abroad
Nigerians in business
Nigerians at the office.
Just plain bad.
Now so many people will not wanna come and do buz in Nigeria cos of some morons
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by oderemo(m): 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
@fheemmy,
this is nothing to do with nigerians, there are con merchants all over.all nationalities have them. come to think of it a ghannian duped a friend of mine for some good moni, all for what some ?some stupid non existing gold.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by agitator: 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2010
Sorry, it's an old trick had been floating around since 2003. You pay for the fake samples and your money is gone forever someone tried it on me using my business name, didn't know till date how he got it (my biz name)
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by violent(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I just wish Nigerians could stop all these fraud thing, it is bad for:
Nigerians in Nigeria
Nigerians abroad
Nigerians in business
Nigerians at the office.
Just plain bad.
Now so many people will not wanna come and do buz in Nigeria cos of some morons

True, but those dude who just scored 200 Gs aren't going to be seeing it that way.

Its pathetic, but seriously, it all comes down to a dysfunctional government.

If a graduate of 5 years still can't find a good job to do to earn a reasonable income,. . . .every scamming job he could do will be seen as an opportunity, call it sad, its the jungle we live in, and like evry other Jungle, survival is the first thing.

The sad state is further fueled with the widening of the gap between the rich and the poor class, an average man making legal money, without a car is perceived as poor, and in many cases commands little respect.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by chosen04(f): 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2010
safeact:

My heart is filled with grief and sorrow as i have allowed myself to be dubed by some unscrupulous people. It was at d early hour of yesterday that i received a phone call from an unknown person who identified himself as Engr Anthony Nwokolo, and a former staff of NNPC Enugu branch. According to him,he was d procurement officer at Enugu branch but has been transfered to NNPC Kaduna where he was relieved of d position due to tribalism. He went further to tell me that we met while i was in d university  and so knew that im someone that he can trust, therefore he needs me to go to Asaba to d ministry of mines and power where i will have to meet with one elder Francis Ezeh who supplies him with pump cork,filial type-whw,10v at  d price of N200,000 per pkt.  He told me that some consultants and d new hausa procurement officer are coming to Onitsha where he told them that d importer is staying to buy about 50pkts. And that he doesnt want them to know where he used to buy d products as he usually add up to N80,000 to a pkt. To cut d story short, having spoken with d elder and d hausa man, i decided to help him with d deal after all he has promised me 60% of d money. Do d  maths ursf. Some friends advised me against it since i now need to deposite about N200,000 to elder to be given a sample of d product that d white man needs to see to cönfirm that im d real importer but later i told myself  that business is about risk. It is like a dice.  It all dawned on me dis afternoon that i have been dubed. A whole nwa afor igbo dika mu! Well, dis their format is d latest style,and dönt be surprise that u will fall if u have nt being warn no matter how intelligent and smart u think u are!  Pls i beg your pardon, dont critise or call me names because i already what is in your mind but see this as an advise and warning from a friend. We are in d world of experience, and everybody is a student. Beware.

Nwa nna. Pls take heart.

That format is even one of the oldest.
The latest is your family member(S) abroad calling by themselves (or so it seems) telling you to give money to somebody in nigerai and get double re-imbursed in few days later. All na lie.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by safeact(m): 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2010
At d moment, i dnt know how to face my friends who i have already promised 50tons each. Some have already called me to ascertain d situation report, but i have not gotten myself yet. Pls tell me how to act. D fear of d unknown is here!
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by Fhemmmy: 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2010
ode remo:

@fheemmy,
this is nothing to do with nigerians, there are con merchants all over.all nationalities have them. come to think of it a ghannian duped a friend of mine for some good moni, all for what some ?some silly non existing gold.

Chief . . .i do understand where you coming from, but still dont make it right for some people to just wake up in the morning and defrauding people.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2010
chosen04:

Nwa nna. Pls take heart.

That format is even one of the oldest.
The latest is your family member(S) abroad calling by themselves (or so it seems) telling you to give money to somebody in nigerai and get double re-imbursed in few days later. All na lie.

I used to think that the EFCC are being bad by arresting all the small boyz, but now, i think i am having a change of mine.
violent:

True, but those dude who just scored 200 Gs aren't going to be seeing it that way.

Its pathetic, but seriously, it all comes down to a dysfunctional government.

If a graduate of 5 years still can't find a good job to do to earn a reasonable income,. . . .every scamming job he could do will be seen as an opportunity, call it sad, its the jungle we live in, and like evry other Jungle, survival is the first thing.

The sad state is further fueled with the widening of the gap between the rich and the poor class, an average man making legal money, without a car is perceived as poor, and in many cases commands little respect.

Nothing goes unpunished
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by Bialegend(m): 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
18 platoon:

nna sorry ooh, guys dont respond to callers you dont know, no matter how sweet the offer is.
Na your awusa people cause am make this maga go pay. You know see where the Engr. mentioned that tribalism pushed him out of work from your northern enclave? if not for your awusa peopl's tribalism, that so called Engr. wouldn't have found a story to use to clear this maga money from his pocket.  grin grin Nna sorry, na yoke i dey yoke oo
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2010
Bialegend:

Na your awusa people cause am make this maga go pay. You know see where the Engr. mentioned that tribalism pushed him out of work from your northern enclave? if not for your awusa peopl's tribalism, that so called Engr. wouldn't have found a story to use to clear this maga money from his pocket.  grin grin Nna sorry, na yoke i dey yoke oo

Hope i understood you well, are you trying to blame this on tribalism?
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by snowdrops(m): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2010
Guy you were just greedy, and thats what the fraudsters capitalized on. Imagine, you want 60% of deal from complete strangers overnight.
Sorry but its the truth.
No sympathy from me.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by oderemo(m): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2010
Hope i understood you well, are you trying to blame this on tribalism?
y bother. everything is blamed on tribalism .attimes reasoning is an abomination in nigeria.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by deor03(m): 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2010
safeact:

At d moment, i dnt know how to face my friends who i have already promised 50tons each. Some have already called me to ascertain d situation report, but i have not gotten myself yet. Pls tell me how to act. D fear of d unknown is here!

Sorry Oh, But this one got me cracking grin grin
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by spikedcylinder: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2010
safeact:

A whole nwa afor igbo dika mu!

Chai, odironma o! A whole nwafor?! cheesy angry grin
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by safeact(m): 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2010
Its terrible, i can't believe i will ever fall for that cheap even after my security training course. Im ashame of my shadows.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by jaybee3(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2010
It all boils down to greed. use 200k to get 2.4mil
How could you possibly deal with someone you haven't seen or heard from in ages?
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by oderemo(m): 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2010
Its terrible,  i can't believe i will ever fall for that cheap even after my security training course. Im ashame of my shadows.
thats what i thought b4 i was done. a whole me born and bread in lagos.from the heart of mushin.olosha gan gan.
but my bro, na so i lost my £5k like that.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by Moyola(f): 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
safeact:

Lol! well d same way yu faced dem to promise 50tonz each! no biggie!

Such trickz arnt of ttoday! . . .better learn from dhiz. . else yu fall into anoda!
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by 18platoon(m): 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2010
@bialegend, why are you stalking me, FYI am engaged to ezeuche, so back off.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by chosen04(f): 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2010
safeact:

Its terrible, i can't believe i will ever fall for that cheap even after my security training course. Im ashame of my shadows.

Its not you fault.
Your mistake was in calling Elder Francis Ezeh and the Hausa Man. Its best to avoid calling any number given to one by this guys. Once you make the mis take of calling his number(S) with your hard earned call credit then you are doomed to be duped.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by aieromon(m): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2010
You were duped because you were greedy.
***Fast money - 200k to 2.4mill in a day
***Bigg boy status - Promised your peeps 50k.
I wonder why people are sympathetic to your case undecided
I don't tolerate greedy pigs.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by dominique(f): 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2010
most people that get duped always have it coming. those looking for quick and easy cash. i believe they're almost as guilty as the fraudsters. i can imagine someone calling me and yarning that kind rubbish. i'll tell them to go to hell and bleep themselves.
@poster
as a nairalander, you suppose sharp small naa. with all the scam posts that are posted here on a daily basis, you should have been able to identify scam from miles away instead you fall for the cheapest scam in the book. has nairaland taught you nothing!!!
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by henry101(m): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
safeact:

My heart is filled with grief and sorrow as i have allowed myself to be dubed by some unscrupulous people. It was at d early hour of yesterday that i received a phone call from an unknown person who identified himself as Engr Anthony Nwokolo, and a former staff of NNPC Enugu branch. According to him,he was d procurement officer at Enugu branch but has been transfered to NNPC Kaduna where he was relieved of d position due to tribalism. He went further to tell me that we met while i was in d university and so knew that im someone that he can trust, therefore he needs me to go to Asaba to d ministry of mines and power where i will have to meet with one elder Francis Ezeh who supplies him with pump cork,filial type-whw,10v at d price of N200,000 per pkt. He told me that some consultants and d new hausa procurement officer are coming to Onitsha where he told them that d importer is staying to buy about 50pkts. And that he doesnt want them to know where he used to buy d products as he usually add up to N80,000 to a pkt. To cut d story short, having spoken with d elder and d hausa man, i decided to help him with d deal after all he has promised me 60% of d money. Do d maths ursf. Some friends advised me against it since i now need to deposite about N200,000 to elder to be given a sample of d product that d white man needs to see to cönfirm that im d real importer but later i told myself that business is about risk. It is like a dice. It all dawned on me dis afternoon that i have been dubed. A whole nwa afor igbo dika mu! Well, dis their format is d latest style,and dönt be surprise that u will fall if u have nt being warn no matter how intelligent and smart u think u are! Pls i beg your pardon, dont critise or call me names because i already what is in your mind but see this as an advise and warning from a friend. We are in d world of experience, and everybody is a student. Beware.

Did u at any time pay any money in a bank account?
U can tell ur bank 2 block the said account holder and arrest him.
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by oderemo(m): 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2010
U can tell your bank 2 block the said account holder and arrest him[/quote]
DONT MAKE ME LAUGH. grin grin
Re: How I Was Duped Today! Beware! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
Haba Dear, how do u fall for that? I got the same call this morning, called my name , probabaly got it from my card and told me the same NNPC story and how he was moved to SPDC Bayelsa, siad the same supply story, then asked me to get a biro and call him in 3 minutes so he could get the contract papers, put the phone on speaker, me and her had a long laugh. idiot, you work with NNPC and Shell and you cant call me back

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO : Pastor Caught Pant Down Sleeping With Female Choir / 18seater Bus Found In Ondo State With Passengers Who Cant Remember Names (video) / See as they stitch his body like tailor Blackaxe vs Eiye Abeokuta PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.