Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language (4421 Views)

Which African Country Is Mountain Kilimanjaro Located ? / What's A Person Who Studies/studied English Language Called? / "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by dadycandoit(f): 8:23am On Nov 06, 2017
The Best English Speaking Countries in Africa – This article is about African countries that are best at speaking English according to the study by World Linguistic Socitety where... The story has caused a lot of exhilaration among Ugandans ever since it was first broken a by a local government-owned newspaper: The New Vision, on Tuesday this past week. read more at https://www.dadycandoit.com/best-english-speaking-countries-africa/
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 06, 2017
Ghana. I don't need to go through your article.
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Evablizin(f): 8:47am On Nov 06, 2017
cheesy

Ghana Ghana.

4 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by RoyalBlak007: 8:53am On Nov 06, 2017

♤Tanzania
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2017
Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Prefola: 9:43am On Nov 06, 2017
No doubt itx ghana... i just love their accent...

3 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by AutoCorrect1: 9:51am On Nov 06, 2017
Prefola:
No doubt itx ghana...
i just love their accent...
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Prefola: 10:03am On Nov 06, 2017
AutoCorrect1:

"It's" not "itx"
please next time don't quote me again..
I can see you are confused yourself..so in your mind "it's" is the right one to use there..
you can consult "brighter grammar" for your correction...afterall i typed that intensionally..

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 06, 2017
Uganda

10 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2017
Honestly? This is nothing to be proud of at all-speaking the language of subjugation the best angry shocked angry
We should channel the adoration of "the Inglis" to better things e.g. Learning our history, traveling within Africa and discovering the beauty therein, holding our leaders accountable esp thru social media, discovering things and making stuff ourselves (beats cramming oyibo-based textbooks) etc

This is so bad, this obsession with perfect English....cringe-worthy at best
I will shut up now!

11 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by CrEaToRmalden(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2017
Prefola:

please next time don't quote me again..
I can see you are confused yourself..so in your mind "it's" is the right one to use there..
you can consult "brighter grammar" for your correction...afterall i typed that intensionally..

"I can see you are CONFUSED yourself.."

Is this also intentional ?
That fella was right to correct you, just swallow your f***ing pride and accept it.

9 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Prefola: 10:43am On Nov 06, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:

"I can see you are CONFUSED yourself.."

Is this also intentional ?
That fella was right to correct you, just swallow your f***ing pride and accept it.
Same person,two monikers...
now your joblessness is evident...
do well not to quote me again or get ready to be ignored...
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by pidgintutor: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2017
hey guys

stay in lagos and wish to learn programming and how to build a website at the comfort of your home?

send a pm
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by DONADAMS(m): 10:51am On Nov 06, 2017
Ghanaians go run commot now...when they know thier baba

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by muller101(m): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2017
LIBERIA
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by muller101(m): 11:15am On Nov 06, 2017
McBeal10:
Nigeria
God forbid. grin
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by sirgalahad26(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2017
so nigeria is not among the best english speakers,despite the fact that we are not allowed to speak our indigeneos language in schools!
SMH
i revert to yoruba mode with immediate effect!

5 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by benzion72(m): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2017
Africa my Africa why your brain still they colonized

Who speaking of fluent english help

I beg which country for Europe speak the best Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Swahili

We have lost our distinct identity clothing, food, religion.

Eyinbo man will always preseve their identity. Angela Marcel will never address Queen of England with English in a conference she will speak German so also the French president. That is national honour and pride.

I don't think we have any.

6 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by flashmax(f): 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
every african nation speaks good english.
you just got to listen real good.
the thing goes skrrrra.........

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2017
OrestesDante:
GHANA KWA! shocked IS IT BECAUSE THEY PRONOUNCE WATER "WETES" EARLIER THIS YEAR, THE BBC REPORTS SAID IT'S UGANDA AND SECONDED BY NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by aycorporat(m): 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
pidgintutor:
hey guys

stay in lagos and wish to learn programming and how to build a website at the comfort of your home?

send a pm
How do I get in touch and how much is your charge?
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by pidgintutor: 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2017
aycorporat:

How do I get in touch and how much is your charge?

you could reach me on pidgin.tutor@gmail.com or send a pm.... charges depends on your location... you should contact me and we would talk more
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by teresafaith: 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2017
Which mumu Ghana? Pastor turn pasta Or Sir turn sey

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by BolaAdeyemo: 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
I wonder why people are Mentioning Ghana when there are countries like Zambia,uganda(even they speak their English with a heavy Accent)

btw Ghanaians say Pastor as Pasta,what then do they now call pasta?!
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by porka: 2:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
OrestesDante:

You should have read the article.

It has nothing to do with "Home-video English".

They are talking about people who can be understood by English speakers without having to repeat words multiple times.

Ghanaians' funny accent can only appeal to natives.
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
Uganda... Try to see an Ungandan movie.
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by jaxxy(m): 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
skillful01:
Uganda... Try to see an Ungandan movie.

Looking back at the Ugandans in bba I think I agree.

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by AnodaIT(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
When you realize that the phone you are holding was built by a Chinese person who cannot even speak English

Who English epp?

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Chukazu: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
muller101:
God forbid. grin

nothing like God forbid,Nigeria has the best English accent in Africa,just that we don't value what we have,even other African countries usually try to mimic Nigerian accent
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by ogbeniolola: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
I will give it to Kenyans and South Africans any day!

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by muller101(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
Chukazu:

nothing like God forbid,Nigeria has the best English accent in Africa,just that we don't value what we have,even other African countries usually try to mimic Nigerian accent
oga that's a lie.
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language by Chukazu: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2017
muller101:
oga that's a lie.

no point to argue,this debate has actually been decided before now and Nigerian accent was judged overall sixth best in the world not even in Africa

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is University Fees? / Does B.u.k Accept The Combination Of Nabteb And Waec / 2014/2015 Unilag Post Utme Cut Off Marks Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.