Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

How UniAbuja Students Died Celebrating Valentine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How UniAbuja Students Died Celebrating Valentine (2460 Views)

Armed Robber Trying To Rob A Uniabuja Student In Gwagwalada, Caught / Assistant Commissioner Of Police Dies In Lagos While Celebrating Valentine / SEE Dead Bodies Of Police Corporal, Inspector, Girlfriend Who All Died Over ‘lov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How UniAbuja Students Died Celebrating Valentine by Orikinla(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2007
Have you read this?

How Uniabuja Students Died Celebrating Valentine

This Day (Lagos)
NEWS
February 20, 2007
Posted to the web February 21, 2007

By Juliana Taiwo
Abuja

The Valentine celebration became the last for two lovers of the University of Abuja, as they were attacked by suspected occultist where they had to mark the occasion.

THISDAY gathered that Gbenga Emmanuel Adeyemi, a part five Law student from Ogun State, who recently lost the student union election had gone with his girlfriend to a joint near the school when alleged students cultists reportedly struck, killing both of them instantly.

In a chat with THISDAY on phone the Student Union President, Igwe Udeumanta, said, "from what we heard, they (the victims) were watching football at a place called African Kitchen and somebody came in to ask him to confirm if he was Gbenga Emmanuel Adeyemi, while he was still trying to respond somebody confirmed his identify and then he was shot with his girlfriend. Not much is known about the girl because it was gathered that she had recently graduated from the school and had come in from outside to mark the event with him", he said.

"We were friends (Gbenga and I). He was my opponent during the SUG elections but it did not affect out friendship because he took me out to celebrate my victory after the election two days later. He is a peaceful person but I wonder why he was killed. It could have been because of the girl or an engagement outside the school but I never suspected him to be a cultist."

Udeumanta said he was sure the death will affect the Vice Chancellor, Professor Nuhu Yaqub because Gbenga was one of the best students in school. "The VC will be grieved because he is one of the best student in the school. He can be described as a four pointer and so he will be interested in investigating what could have led to the killing to forestall future occurence.

When contacted, Commissioner of Police Lawrence Alobi confirmed the incident and stressed that investigation was in progress.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200702210502.html
Re: How UniAbuja Students Died Celebrating Valentine by Seun(m): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2007
Please don't pos such things in the Romance section again. It is not romantic at all. Moving to the crime section.
Re: How UniAbuja Students Died Celebrating Valentine by Orikinla(m): 12:20am On Feb 25, 2007
All right.

I understand your premise.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers Abduct Gsm Firm’s Workers In Ondo . / 2 Brothers Caught With Decomposing Body Parts Of Brother. Vieiewer Discretion... / Woman's Butt Explodes During Sex (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.