Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering (29086 Views)

Emmanuel Ikubese Blasts Daddy Freeze For Tackling Pastors Over Super Eagles Win / Shan George Calls Teddy A’s Dick A 'Tiny Noodle' (BBNaija Photo) / Shan George's Sister, Queen Dies In Accident 5 Days After Calabar Carnival Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 06, 2017
Nollywood veteran actress, Shan George, has also come for Nigerian Pastors over the Sunday offerings and tithes they receive.

According to her, Pastors should use Sunday offerings and tithes to repair bad roads, instead of using it to buy private jets and flashy cars. Here's what she wrote;

"Dear Nigeria Pastors, I beg you in the name of God this beautiful Sunday, i'm on my knees, i know you must have collected a lot of tithes and offerings this Sunday, Pls help us repair our roads instead of using the money to buy private jets and big cars. U and your family fly over us with your private jets, while we perish down here. So many people have died here. Pls is it a crime or a sin if you help?"

https://www.lailasblog.com/actress-shan-george-comes-nigerian-pastors-asks-repair-roads-private-jet-money/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHFIHA8q4Ck

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Smellymouth: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2017
Religion is always the most controversial topic in this country, aside from politics and football.
For instance, ask any Arsenal or Manchester United fan about what happened yesterday, they'll almost bite you if you talk too much.. cheesy grin

See as Chelsea beat man utd yesterday. Man utd fans right now..

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by madridguy(m): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2017
Tom, Di*k, and Harry are just opening their rotten mouth to castigate the men of GOD. Shan George should tell us what she has done to help humanity aside from her role in indecent role where she has s*x with dogs or act as an aristos. I cannot remember her for any role in any good movie except Ashawo. Nonsense talk from a nonsense talk.

As for the pastors, I don't know much about them all but I can speak for 2 out of them.

Pa David Oyedepo and Prophet TB Joshua.

Aside from the developmental projects in Lagos and Ogun respectively, go to Oyedepo town and see. Pa Oyedepo employed people in his town more than even the Kwara State government. As for Prophet TB Joshua, the man is the economy pillar of Ikotun.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Evablizin(f): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2017
shocked

Tithing things,matters arising each day,daddy freeze's ministry is growing,daddy freeze and co.right now....

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by nerodenero: 10:59am On Nov 06, 2017
Funny Shan Georgecheesycheesycheesycheesy.

If we always ask ourselves this question - 'what will Jesus do' in all situations, we'd behave better.

Will Jesus fly jets? Will Jesus cruise latest cars while multitudes trekk endlessly without hope? Will Jesus eat the best meals all day and everyday while many die of hunger and poverty? Will Jesus build a school owned by a Church he heads and put the fees to be paid beyond the reach of the poor? The questions are endless.

Christians and the Church needs to wake up and begin to do what Jesus will do to win souls. The Church will only prevail if we as Christians emulate Jesus and His words in the Bible so that the devil can be put to shame.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by AK6464(m): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by NwaAmaikpe: 11:01am On Nov 06, 2017
shocked

All these pastors with their insatiable lust for wealth and quest for personal aggrandisement through twisting of the Scriptures for the exploitation of members.

Most Christians argue when I tell them they've been paying their tithes wrongly?

The giving of monetary offerings to the church as tithe is wrong
It is unbiblical, unscriptural and purely exploitative.

Foolish christians of today give to pastors and think they're giving to God.

Churches only discuss Malachi when preaching about tithes. But a wise christian with the spirit of discernment should question the origins of tithes.

The Bible is clear about tithing.
Deuteronomy 14 : 22-27
Explains the process of tithing which your devilish pastor will never tell you.

Study it and be blessed.

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by peterdrury: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2017
This tithe is becoming embarrassing as the day goes bye. If you don't hear about tithe in church, you will watch in on TV, I will rather buy food for the poor, assist in transport fares for genuine individuals and do others when am capable than give it to a rich man. Too many gullible people in the land.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by peterdrury: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2017
Evablizin:
shocked
Is this Ann El**?
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Evablizin(f): 11:13am On Nov 06, 2017
peterdrury:
Is this Ann El**?
Nope.
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Nightingale99(m): 11:13am On Nov 06, 2017
peterdrury:
This tithe is becoming embarrassing as the day good bye, if you don't hear about tithe in church, you will watch in on TV, I will rather buy food for the poor, assist in transport fares for genuine individuals and do others when am capable than give it to a rich man. Too many gullible people in the land.

Good one. A liberated mind is priceless.

16 Likes

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by DozieInc(m): 11:19am On Nov 06, 2017
She should calculate all the tithe and offerings she has ever paid and see if it can maintain a 1km road.

Frustration have made people to lose their senses, what then is the responsibility of the govt?
This is a deliberate and systematic attack on the church, First it was the G.Os, then blackmail of pastors, now it is about tithing, it wont work.

People are pained that churches are prosperous, that churches dont need to beg politicians or seek foreign aid in order to carry out projects and promote the gospel.

I pay my tithe and give offerings, yes it is my money... To all the bad-belle: Is it your money?

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by eleojo23: 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2017
Another tithe matter...
I just dey laugh.

As for me, I encourage people to give willingly as much as they can as the scriptures say in 2 Corinthians 9:6-15. Give to the poor, the needy, the missionaries etc. but do it willingly and not under compulsion.

Let us not also absolve the government of their duties. The church should help as much as they can but the government has her own responsibilities too because they collect tax.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by SlimBrawnie(f): 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2017
I'm not a member of one of these big churches, but one thing I know is that they assist their dedicated members in one way or the other without making much noise about it. Don't judge from afar.

Shan George, it is the duty of the Government to do that, yet some churches I know do community services within their locality by reparing roads, boreholes, etc.

Go to the prison, whenever a package comes in for the inmates, they just know that "church people" have come to visit them. What does that tell you?

Don't judge from afar.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
And when did it become a pastor's job to repair roads? Ignorant role models everywhere

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by muller101(m): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
I can only pay my tithe if the pastor can make me a shareholder in the church.

1 Like

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by cidieschat(m): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
Nigeria has more churches than the entire Europe, yet they are dumb and wicked people....

10 Likes

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Charly68: 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
DozieInc:
She should calculate all the tithe and offerings she has ever paid and see if it can maintain a 1km road.

Frustration have made people to lose their senses, what then is the responsibility of the govt?
This is a deliberate and systematic attack on the, First it was the G.Os, then blackmail of pastors, now it is about tithing, it wont work.

People are pained that churches are prosperous, that churches dont need to beg politicians or seek foreign aid in order to carry out projects and promote the gospel.

I pay my tithe and give offerings, yes it is my money... To all the bad-belle: Is it your money?
My brother,anyone against what God ordained is an Antichrist ..they are better ignored

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by ThinkWISELY(m): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
yeye dey smell sad

1 Like

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by leeikem(m): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
FAIR ENOUGH
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by donestk(m): 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
**As copied**

Graduate Internship Programme in International Development

Internships are excellent opportunities for young graduates considering a career in development to gain experience in field work. We provide challenging assignments, and applicants are expected to possess maturity, character, initiative and self-reliance as well as outstanding academic credentials and problem solving skills.

As a graduate field intern at Dataville Research, you receive tailored training, guidance and real responsibility from the beginning, quickly becoming an invaluable candidate in the global development sector.

Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide positions for in-house internship in our various offices across Africa however, we are pleased to announce the commencement of our innovative virtual internship programme where the participant (intern) gains field experience while working in a remote professional setting and is not physically present at any of Dataville Research offices.

Download the Graduate Internship Programme Application Form via http://datavillegroup.com/get-involved/ to apply.

**As copied**
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Graciousnaija: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
2 Tim. 2:23-26 - "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."
[i][/i]

4 Likes

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by muller101(m): 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
DozieInc:

This is a deliberate and systematic attack on the, First it was the G.Os, then blackmail of pastors, now it is about tithing, it wont work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by wellmax(m): 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hmmm, why not talk to the polithiefcians

1 Like

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by wellmax(m): 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
Stop blaming the Church

We must never lose sight of the PRIMARY mission of the church.

The church was not set up by Jesus Christ to build hospitals and schools but to lead men and women from sin and Satan unto God. Building schools and hospitals is only a SECONDARY mission for the church. It is the government's PRIMARY duty to build schools and hospitals.

The church therefore should not receive the blame for the failure of government.

If people want the church to build hospitals and schools and provide employment for the population, then the people should start paying their TAXES to the church and the NNPC and CUSTOMS should pay all their revenues into the account of the church.

When people talk about Pastors flying private jets all over the place, I ask, what is the percentage of Pastors flying private jets in Nigeria?

There are probably hundreds of thousands of Pastors in Nigeria. How many of them own private jets?

I don't have the statistics, but I doubt if up to 50 Pastors in Nigeria own private jets . How can these few Pastors then become the basis of carpeting all Pastors in Nigeria.

If we are complaining that there are many criminals & fraudulent people in Nigeria in spite of the many churches, I want you to imagine how many more criminals there would have been if there were no churches. Or are we saying that the churches are the ones producing these criminals?

Criminals are a product of a failed society, failed marriages, failed parenting, failed schools, & failed governments. The church did not create the failed society. The church is only doing her best to salvage what can be salvaged in an already bad situation.

The savior should not receive the blame for the ills of society.

I myself would probably have joined the club of criminals and fraudsters and swell their rank and file if not for the church that preached the gospel to me and led me to Christ for salvation.

The church brought me up to have the fear of God and shun all evils. I have remained in the church for 40 years now following Jesus. I believe the are many like me who can testify that were, it not for the influence of the church on their lives, they may have ended up as criminals.

Let's stop blaming the church.

Government should instead be appreciating the role of the church in nation building.

Of course I am aware that there are bad eggs among churches and Pastors, but that does not invalidate the great role the church is playing in our national life.

We should never support or encourage those who are bad-mouthing the church.

I rest my case.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by DIKEnaWAR: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
Nigerians are getting wiser. I love this!

1 Like

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Pearl27(f): 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
DozieInc:

tank u for dis comment,so what will d govt use our tax to do? She sud attack politicians rather than men of God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by blackpanda: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
lol

Dem don hear u. Go and cry no more, the lord shall meet u at your point of need
Shallom grin grin shocked
Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by eyinjuege: 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
Tithing is a personal decision.
Nobody's going to hell if they don't pay tithes.
Tithing may suit the spirit of A, but not of B. Just do what gives you peace.
But while expecting the church to fix the roads, build the hospitals and schools, let's not forget to hold those responsible for that.
The government.
It would be nice if more people can hold the govt- federal, state, and local govts responsible for the basic needs of the society.

7 Likes

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by felixomor: 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
Church is everybody's boxing bag.

1 Like

Re: Shan George Comes For Nigerian Pastors Over Tithe And Offering by Pangea: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ode!
Are pastors your government?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omawumi Steps Out For Her Traditional Marriage In Warri (Photos) / Kizz Daniel Throwback Photo With Sarz / Ibinabo Fiberesima And Daughter, Zino In Matching Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.