Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Diamond Bank: Is This The Best? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Diamond Bank: Is This The Best? (1225 Views)

Diamond Bank 2014 Recruitment. / Was Successful In The Owerri Diamond Bank Aptitude Test. / IBTC Chartered Bank Is Recruiting! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank: Is This The Best? by IVY4U(f): 12:53am On Feb 22, 2007
What do u really think? What are dey looking for? I went for diamond bank interview in abj. I passed d first stage, the 2nd stage question was like "tell me about urself, what do ur parents do, are u d first,if not what does d first do. where do u live" While i was told they will get back to me, a friend of mine who was ask the same question,but parents are well off,was told to come back for medicals the following day. Does that mean am not qualified? what is their criteria for selection? is this fair? I dont really know, but am thinking ur class in the society is a basis for getting a job. If dat is the case,then they should have called for only people of class.
I may be wrong,but if am right,it is not fair cos we all went thru d pians of becoming a graduate.
Is ther still hope for me on the job?
Re: Diamond Bank: Is This The Best? by chukky76(m): 6:08am On Feb 22, 2007
my dear i don't have any experience in interview as i just finished service and have only just written a couple of tests which i've passed but i can tell you this. don't make any prospective employer feel like you are desperate for a job. be calm , almost aloof but serious. don't give the impression that you are going to be the breadwinner of your extended family as its this class of people who are tempted to look for "deals" to do.

you have to be smart, every question is a trap, so learn to second guess your interviewer. when he asks what position you are in your family you think he wants to know about your familys family planning techniques? no, he's looking to see how many people are dependednt on you.

so its not about class, its about security and stability of character as only the desperate man feels the need to steal.

my dear lie if you hav to, just don't get caught
Re: Diamond Bank: Is This The Best? by ebyadieze: 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2007
hello,

I see your fears and i'm aware that a lot of things could happen in this country. They could have asked you all that for so many reasons, God knows why, but one thing u should bear in mind is that you do not have to be desperate or appear desperate. They could have asked to know your communication or just to know how resposible you can be or the resposibility that lies on you and of course that also will tell them your level of hard workand dedication to work.
My ultimate advice is this, Do Not let Someone Discourage You!!!
You have to encourage yourself and believe that you will get that job. You are not the only person from a poor home, We all are.
Take Care.
Re: Diamond Bank: Is This The Best? by ebyadieze: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2007
hello,

I see your fears and i'm aware that a lot of things could happen in this country. They could have asked you all that for so many reasons, God knows why, but one thing u should bear in mind is that you do not have to be desperate or appear desperate. They could have asked to know your communication or just to know how resposible you can be or the resposibility that lies on you and of course that also will tell them your level of hard workand dedication to work.
My ultimate advice is this, Do Not let Someone Discourage You!!! Do not tell lies no matter the situation you find yourself in, why?, Because the truth shall set you free.
You have to encourage yourself and believe that you will get that job. You are not the only person from a poor home, We all are.
Take Care.
Re: Diamond Bank: Is This The Best? by henconcept: 6:13pm On Feb 22, 2007
Men, thatw a stough because i alsow ent for the interview and i was grueled for long during the second stage. i believe diamond bank was fair because they took a large number of graduates, tehy have 30 years as theri age limit unlike anyother bank in niegria.

I believe you will get anotyher sha. itw asnt about the best, its about where you ought to be, infact other abnk aer looking for people and you will sure get yours soon by the grace of God. be strong, take heart
Re: Diamond Bank: Is This The Best? by aderosco: 7:09pm On Feb 22, 2007
man u dont have to be discouraged God knows were your job iss let me tell you i had the same experience but i dont wann ablame my self coz any job in Nigeria, that i Know am Qualified i dont get my self distured so i wish you all the best
Re: Diamond Bank: Is This The Best? by mankevo(m): 11:42am On Feb 23, 2007
Hi all !!!!!!!!!

I myself went for the interview at Owerri but 2 my grearest suprise they asked me to tell them about myself,after which they asked me what marketing is I told them as comprihensive as I can and they said they will reach me shortly,only 4 me 2 be told later by a friend that the seciond interview went concurrently with the first one that same night. In fact i'm still waiting and confused ,but anyhow life continues.Aluta Continua

(1) (Reply)

Multilinks Abuja Recruiting Field Promoters / Oceanic Bank Test / Nigeria Institute Of Corporate Administrators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.