Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:20 AM

How To Make Ofada Stew/rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Ofada Stew/rice (1255 Views)

Make Ofada Sauce In 5 Minutes|how To Make Ofada Sauce / How To Make Ofada Sauce In 10 Minutes / Ofada Stew Recipe:how To Make Ofada Stew|ayamase (designer Stew) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Ofada Stew/rice by eneubane1(f): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2017
Ofada stew is a local stew specifically made for ofada rice, it has an authentic and distinct taste from any other Nigerian stew you must have had.

Everything about ofada stew is irresistible. It is made with locust beans, green peppers, red peppers, assorted meat, dried fish, palm oil and other ingredients.

Ingredients:::
500g Ofada Rice
4 Cooking Spoons of Palm oil
12 Red scotch bonnet pepper (Ata rodo)
1 Green bell pepper
2 tbsp of Locust beans (Iru)
500g Assorted meat
3 tbsp Crayfish
1 Red Onion
2 Seasoning cubes
3 Red Bell pepper (Tatashey)
Salt to taste.

Cooking Directions:::
• Rinse the beef and assorted meat with clean water and dice into small bits, place in a medium sized pot.

• Add the seasoning cubes, salt to taste, diced onion and 2-3 cups of water. Leave to cook till tender for about 30 minutes. Set aside.

• Remove the seeds from the red bell pepper. Wash all the red bell pepper thoroughly with clean water including the red scotch bonnet (Ata Rodo) and place in a blender.

• Blend partly rough. Pour the pepper puree in an empty pot and cook till all the liquid evaporates leaving the pepper concentrated puree. Set aside.

• In an empty medium sized pot, heat the palm oil for about 10-13minutes. This process is known as bleaching.

• Add the pepper puree and locust beans and stir fry for 5 minutes then add the assorted meat stock including the assorted meat and beef, crayfish.

• Taste to see if you need some more salt, stir and cover the pot. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes.

Your delicious pot of ofada stew is ready. Serve with ofada rice. Enjoy!

• Before cooking Ofada rice, remove the stones. Wash the sorted rice severally with clean water and place in a small pot.

• Add some water just enough to cover the rice. Parboil for 10 mins and turn out into a clean bowl.

• Wash the parboiled rice with clean water and turn back into the pot. Add some salt and clean water. Boil till the rice softens.

Source: http://www.versatileblog.com.ng/2017/09/ofada-stew-rice-make-nigerian-recipe.html

cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, MissyB3 Ddominique, Obinoscopy,

Re: How To Make Ofada Stew/rice by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 07, 2017
Wow..

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofada Stew/rice by gmajor10(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2017
Nice one dear, I love ofada sauce. Though I prepare mine differently.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofada Stew/rice by eneubane1(f): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thanks.. As long as you enjoy it, make it your way.
gmajor10:
Nice one dear, I love ofada sauce. Though I prepare mine differently.
Re: How To Make Ofada Stew/rice by gmajor10(m): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
eneubane1:
Thanks.. As long as you enjoy it, make it your way.

I'll try your way sooner, but I'll add plenty kpomo....
Quick question, why is it that when a lady realises a guy can cook they become lazy, using saying you can take care of yourself nah.
Re: How To Make Ofada Stew/rice by gmajor10(m): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
Made any recently?
mhizesther:
Wow..
Re: How To Make Ofada Stew/rice by eneubane1(f): 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lol.. If you're not married to a lady and she takes the responsibility of cooking for you and later realise you can cook for yourself and she stops or start making excuses. Instead of complaining, you should be grateful because she is not obligated to make your meals.
gmajor10:

I'll try your way sooner, but I'll add plenty kpomo....
Quick question, why is it that when a lady realises a guy can cook they become lazy, using saying you can take care of yourself nah.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Well Seasoned Fried Cow Meat/beef. Nationwide Delivery / Delicious Cakes In Benin City / All Your Mile 12 Food Supplies Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.