Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

**DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! (5927 Views)

75 Kva Perkins Diesel Power Generator / 15 Kva Soundproof Diesel Power Generator : Attn George_D / *** 25 KVA DEUTZ DIESEL POWER GENERATOR*** SOLD SOLD and SOLD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

**DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 3:32am On Mar 20, 2010
Compact sound proof diesel power generator: Tokunbo

Power output: 17KVA

3 phases

Rpm : 1500

price: 350k

Note:This is marine gen.( wet exhaust).

I do have the following:

4 cylinder Ford engine (64HP) for generator
20 KVA alternator
185KVA Deutz generator
Battery charger- petrol generator
welding generator- runs on petrol

Available in Lagos now. (Festac town)

email: jucol7000@yahoo.com
or call/sms to: +47-99339392 for details

Its not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog. This is a solid machine. A combination of Italian and Japanese tech.

Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2010
jucol,
let me pick this baby for 200k.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 12:49am On Mar 21, 2010
@George_D!

Thanks for the offer. Am sorry your offer was not good enough sir.

I hope you understand what I mean by marine/wet exhaust as against dry exhaust?
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 1:41am On Mar 21, 2010
There is a comprehensive user/ service manual accompanying this gen. The following pictures are from the manual:

Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2010
Its 230Volts.

For immediate response send an sms and I will call you asap for a pleasant Diesel power discussion grin
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 12:14am On Mar 22, 2010
Thanks for the emails. A quick sms and a telephone call from me may just seal the deal for one of you guys. grin

my tel. no is there.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2010
jucol, what exactly do you mean by 'wet exhaust'?
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ George D:
jucol, what exactly do you mean by 'wet exhaust'?

This means that the exhaust gas and cooling water flow out together from the big exhaust manifold, and out through the big pipe on the side into the sea or the source of cooling water. The gen is made for use as power generator for boats- hence the name marine.

For land use:The following has to be done:

1. A radiator, and a cooling fan have to be installed outside the casing.
2. A small expansion tank like the ones on cars.
3. The cooling water hose from the engine will be redirected to the radiator.
4. The heat exhanger mechanism on the gen has to be removed.
5. An exhaust pot (in this case a dry exhaust- like the ones on cars) will be mounted.
you may have to remove part of the casing to accomodate the dry exhaust.

This may sound complicated but it is simple work. I have a technician who has been doing this.

It is important to explain this carefully so you know before you buy. This builds credibility in the house.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
WHAT DOES WET EXHAUST MEAN?

During the operation of  marine gensets and engines, seawater is used to cool and quiet engine exhaust. As seawater is introduced into the
engine exhaust, combustion by-products are captured by the seawater stream, and are discharged back into the sea. A wet exhaust pulls seawater from your existing heat exchanger and mixes with the exhaust to prevent having to wrap your exhaust inside the boat .Wet exhaust systems have decided advantages over dry exhaust systems. They are quieter, cleaner and cooler; and do not pose a fire or burn hazard.

An example of a dry exhaust system is the arrangement on vehicles and all gensets used on land. Exhaust gas is liberated to the atmosphere.

To use this genset on land, the following have to be :

1. A radiator and cooling fan will be installed to cool the water before recycling
2. An expansion tank like the ones in a car may be installed(optional)
3. A silencer and exhaust will be connected to the manifold. They will be insulated/padded with heat insulation material( which I have available)
4. Part of the casing will be removed to accommodate the silencer
5. CONNECT YOUR AIR CONDITIONERS AND ENJOY THE BABY grin
Thats all. Simple. I have a technician in Lagos that can do this in no time grin
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 9:28am On Mar 23, 2010
More info coming soon!
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2010
jucol,
with all this conversions comes extra expenditure. i think 200k is a good offer for this baby seeing all the jobs that need to be done on it.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dear George D,

You are an intelligent gentleman. I can tell from your postings. Try searching for that kind of gen on the internet and see if you can find one less than 400k. If you do, I will give you a formidable discount. I set that price without thinking about our naija bargaining prowess smiley.

The model no is: 3TNE88-G1A
POWER OUTPUT: 16.3KW( 16.3X1.25=20.37KVA) @1800rpm
13,5KW (13.5X1.25= 16.88 KVA @1500rpm
Displacement: 1.642L

Secondly, You donot have to spend much:

- I have the heat insulator for padding
- I have a good radiator at a friendly price.(importer price you may say)
- Don't go asking for Yanmar silencer/fan: Get a big enough silencer/cooling fan for any cheap vehicle brand. Boy, it works.

To be sincere with you, if I should add up the hazzles in acquiring, and do a proper cost analysis on that BABY like you rightly called her, I would peck it at 435K. But in biz you make profit here and there and cover  up some losses elsewhere.

I am trying at best to furnish you with every technical info you may want to know. No hidden issues grin

cheers
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2010
jucol,
i admire your sincerity. full disclosure is key.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
Thanks man. Hope the importers in the house could build credibility.

flash me on +47-99339392 lets talk, who knows a deal may be sealed grin
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
Check this out you'all.   grin
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
jucol,
you cut a hard bargain but lets see if we can arrive at something.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ George:

The best bargains are obtained when the buyer is waving the cash in front of the seller grin. You may have to wave before my bros in Lagos there.

Good luck
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by obua: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
Pls post the prices of the other engines/alternators/welding gens etc on Nairaland
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by KunleA2(m): 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
obua:

Pls post the prices of the other engiones/alternators/welding gens etc on Nairaland

Sorry Jucol,

What type of welding machine you are looking for?
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by obua: 11:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
I am looking for small start & weld gens
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by KunleA2(m): 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
obua:

I am looking for small start & weld gens

You might wanna start a new thread and describe it. (specs, make/model, amps etc)

Good luck
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 12:04am On Mar 24, 2010
@Obua

Those items are on ground in Lagos now. Fortunately I have exactly what you want.

You may drop your telephone no here or send it to me by email or sms, then i will get back to you. My contact info is above.

Cheers!
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
hello guys!

For those of you who sent email, I have responded. If in doubt Pls send an sms and I will call you for clarifications.

Best regards

Jucol
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2010
Pls gentlemen/ Ladies in the house!

Read my reply on WHAT DOES WET EXHAUST MEAN?.

Thankssmiley
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2010
jucol, we already did.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2010
@ George D.

Yes. YOU did sir. I have received several mails that indicate that the persons have not read and/or understood the modus operandi of the genset.

Cheers brother!
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Articlife: 1:28am On Mar 28, 2010
It is water cooled. Pls read the explanations above before sending mails.

Cheers
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Onwan: 6:49am On Mar 28, 2010
@Jucol
This conversion process is quite complicated; I think its best you have it converted before selling as domestic generator.

I made a few calls, to see IF anyone could have it taken care of, BUT was told its best used for marine purposes and requires good hands to convert for domestic use.

I am interested BUT since we spoke I still haven't gotten anyone who can handle the conversion. Just in case you import a domestic, same power rate at a good deal, then we'll talk.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 11:34am On Mar 28, 2010
@Onwan,

It all depends on whom you have been talking to. I mentioned I have someone who could handle it. Its no big deal if we use some common sense and do not just follow what the technician says to the letters. Some times they make work complicated(my technician inclusive). Let me give you some examples:

1. They may say "you have to buy a Yanmar fan and radiator to cool the engine very well" That is bullshit! Any sizable thermo fan and radiator from for example a small 4 cylinder diesel truck will do. When you go asking for Yanmar or Perkins fan and radiator, be ready to pay more.

2. They may say" we have to construct a diesel tank that the gen will stand on" The gen must not stand on a tank to get a supply of diesel. A 50L jerry-can/ vehicle fuel tank standing somewhere near the gen, and extended hose will do. Any other construction is a matter of taste.

3. Get a good and portable vehicle silencer @Ladipo. Do not go asking for Yanmar, Perkins etc. You have to note the diameter of the connection point on the manifold.

Options A:

I deliver it to you with all conversion done @ 350. Deal or no deal.

Option B.

What are you going to offer( and willing to pay) for a dry exhaust Yanmar? I can source it for you.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Onwan: 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2010
@Jucol
No deal on Option A; sounds to me like I am going to have problems maintaining it.

For Option B; If you have the domestic use gen at a good deal, then we can talk pricing and deal.
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Jucol(m): 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2010
Did you check the 25KVA mobile military gen? You have to listen to that guy rattle.

Total run hour:about 571 hours. You cannot find a better used gen than this in the market. The wheel base has been dismantled.
Look beyond the surface cosmetics smiley
Re: **DIESEL POWER GENERATOR: 17KVA. YANMAR- SOLD!!! by Onwan: 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2010
Where the link at?

(1) (2) (Reply)

AUCTION HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED:start bidding now at oregun / Clean & Sound Honda Bulldog For Sale - N700 (pictures) / Lagos cleared Toyota Camry( Pencil Light). 680k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.