Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Cassava Processing Vs Meat Processing - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Processing Vs Meat Processing (510 Views)

FG Commissions 450 Metric Tons Cassava Processing Plant In Rivers / Cassava Processing Business Plan / Very, Very, Very Low Price Cassava Processing Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Processing Vs Meat Processing by profkachi(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
Greetings blessed friends and fellow agric enthusiasts and experts in the various disciplines of this noble field.
I have a question! I have this uncleared argumentation which is really kindling fire within me.

Now I am going to put this as a question. So you first of all make your pick and give reason if possible. Thank you in anticipation
Here's the question:
YOU HAVE TWO BUSINESS PLAN IN AGRICULTURAL PROCESSING AND THEY AS FOLLOWS:

1. Rearing of poultry and slaughtering on maturation of the birds: here we can define the target markets as the hotels, retail shops, wholesale shops, the markets and individuals. But the truth be told, an average Nigerian eats chicken sometimes once in a month or even more than that. The chicken processing industry is streamlined with the already established giants who supplies in bulks to the markets. If you don't get clients to clear your produce stocks, you will end up spending more buying diesel to power up the generator in order to keep the chickens fresh.
AND
2. Large scale cultivation of cassava with subsequent intercropping on the same land with the suitable annual crops, which brings pretty faster revenue even before the cassava attains maturity. When the cassava matures, you harvest and process it into either of garri, fufu, ethanol, syrup, starch or flour (outputs of cassava processing) depending on the machines budgeted for and the scale in use. Now, on a daily basis an average and even the poorest Nigerian can afford to eat at least a starchy food such as the garri, fries (made with flour) etc. That means the consumability of the outputs of cassava processing are higher and should therefore fetch more revenue with less expenses in production and preservation.

IF IT WERE YOU, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE SAY YOU'RE IN THE POSITION TO START UP EITHER ONE OF THE ABOVE. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED THOUGH IF YOU FEEL I WAS WRONG IN ANY WAY. THANKS
Re: Cassava Processing Vs Meat Processing by barapistis(m): 6:18am On Nov 08, 2017
profkachi:
Greetings blessed friends and fellow agric enthusiasts and experts in the various disciplines of this noble field.
I have a question! I have this uncleared argumentation which is really kindling fire within me.

Now I am going to put this as a question. So you first of all make your pick and give reason if possible. Thank you in anticipation
Here's the question:
YOU HAVE TWO BUSINESS PLAN IN AGRICULTURAL PROCESSING AND THEY AS FOLLOWS:

1. Rearing of poultry and slaughtering on maturation of the birds: here we can define the target markets as the hotels, retail shops, wholesale shops, the markets and individuals. But the truth be told, an average Nigerian eats chicken sometimes once in a month or even more than that. The chicken processing industry is streamlined with the already established giants who supplies in bulks to the markets. If you don't get clients to clear your produce stocks, you will end up spending more buying diesel to power up the generator in order to keep the chickens fresh.
AND
2. Large scale cultivation of cassava with subsequent intercropping on the same land with the suitable annual crops, which brings pretty faster revenue even before the cassava attains maturity. When the cassava matures, you harvest and process it into either of garri, fufu, ethanol, syrup, starch or flour (outputs of cassava processing) depending on the machines budgeted for and the scale in use. Now, on a daily basis an average and even the poorest Nigerian can afford to eat at least a starchy food such as the garri, fries (made with flour) etc. That means the consumability of the outputs of cassava processing are higher and should therefore fetch more revenue with less expenses in production and preservation.

IF IT WERE YOU, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE SAY YOU'RE IN THE POSITION TO START UP EITHER ONE OF THE ABOVE. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED THOUGH IF YOU FEEL I WAS WRONG IN ANY WAY. THANKS

My first determining parameter will be the one of which i am knowledgeable about
Re: Cassava Processing Vs Meat Processing by barapistis(m): 6:25am On Nov 08, 2017
The second.

Which one has a ready and structured market that can make me sell in a day even as a new comer

The third.....which do i have closer relatives doing

To me..every business shouldn't start with passion when the time to learn is not there....every business should start with the protection of the capital..especially for the Nigerian businessphere

Getting capital in Nigeria is as tough as doing the business if not more

So which one will still get back 70% of your capital even if you loose
Re: Cassava Processing Vs Meat Processing by barapistis(m): 6:29am On Nov 08, 2017
The way you wrote also point to the fact that you know less of cassava and more of poultry but you afraid of going for the poultry business

I personally don't like animal farming

Plants....good..this are the real producers
Re: Cassava Processing Vs Meat Processing by profkachi(m): 9:24am On Nov 08, 2017
barapistis:
The way you wrote also point to the fact that you know less of cassava and more of poultry but you afraid of going for the poultry business

I personally don't like animal farming

Plants....good..this are the real producers
I really appreciate that contribution My Brother. You have quite a sound convincing scope here - but then i still think your opinion is highly influenced by aversion to animal husbandry rather. Hahaha
But then, let's be realistic: "As a starter up [you have the money] - let's leave out personal likes and dislikes here and talk about profit yielding capacity bcoz that's the reason why the business was set up anyways - which of the two sectors do you think is capable of bringing in a sustainable and weightier revenue over time?

(1) (Reply)

Poultry Farm / Cashew Machines For Making Peeled Cashew Kernels / Reinvent The Way Your Agriculture Produce Is Marketed -palm Oil-soya-cotton-etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.