Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help (1448 Views)

My Step Dad Is Maltreating My Mom, I Am Confused / Lady Accused Of Abandoning Her House Help At A Restaurant Speaks / Ondo Wife Fought And Locked Husband For Maltreating Her In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by osuofia2(m): 6:34am On Nov 08, 2017
Fellow naira lander, pls advice me on this issue.
My next flat neighbor is always maltreating her maid who's age is btw 11-13, she has made flogging the girl her hobby, always giving her task of adult. Some times she start flogging the girl from 1am to 3am and then sends the girl out to the cold at that ungodly hours. The girl will cry from that time till dawn, such days I feel pity for her, hearing her weaps makes tears role up my eyes.
I would have said the heart of Women are wicked and heartless then I remember that life its self is not fair because a girl of that age should be under her parent care but life...................
Kindly advice me, because I am thinking of having a talk with the woman to see as regards that.Her husband doesn't stay in town but he comes around.
Pls note. I am a private person and i do mind my business but this case is heart touching.
Ur advice and suggestion's will be appreciated
Thank you and remain blessed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by krak101(m): 6:37am On Nov 08, 2017
That's sad . There's this NGO that assists people in such situations, you can get them involved

2 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Celcius: 6:43am On Nov 08, 2017
Call. Its toll free. At least you would have done something.

http://domesticviolence.com.ng/help-for-domestic-violence/

6 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Samsimple(m): 6:51am On Nov 08, 2017
In Nigeria there is something called "mind your business" so your days on earth will be long

1 Like

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by hisgrace090: 6:54am On Nov 08, 2017
Pls don't relax and thanks for speaking out.
Try to get child abuse authority involve for the safety of the child.
And Remain blessed.

6 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by KadunaMafia: 6:55am On Nov 08, 2017
Samsimple:
In Nigeria there is something called "mind your business" so your days on earth will be long
You will mind your business until the girl is murdered then you think your conscience will allow you to sleep.

Speak out when you see evil

19 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by thorpido(m): 7:00am On Nov 08, 2017
Samsimple:
You don't mind your business in situations like this.
Op,contact NGOs dealing with such issues.

11 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Jimmybyi: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2017
Samsimple:

In Nigeria, there is something actually called Mind Your Own Business but in in this case Oga....
Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Watmoree(m): 7:23am On Nov 08, 2017
Capture one of such incident with your phone or something n make a formal report to NAPTIP.

5 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Khd95(m): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2017
gather enough evidence and go report to NPF or the appropriate organisation

1 Like

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by chival(f): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2017
Samsimple:

Ignore this selfish comment please. Do what you can to liberate that poor child. If anything happens to her, you may not be able to live with yourself.

6 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 08, 2017
osuofia2:
Fellow naira lander, pls advice me on this issue.
My next flat neighbor is always maltreating her maid who's age is btw 11-13, she has made flogging the girl her hobby, always giving her task of adult. Some times she start flogging the girl from 1am to 3am and then sends the girl out to the cold at that ungodly hours. The girl will cry from that time till dawn, such days I feel pity for her, hearing her weaps makes tears role up my eyes.
I would have said the heart of Women are wicked and heartless then I remember that life its self is not fair because a girl of that age should be under her parent care but life...................
Kindly advice me, because I am thinking of having a talk with the woman to see as regards that.Her husband doesn't stay in town but he comes around.
Pls note. I am a private person and i do mind my business but this case is heart touching.
Ur advice and suggestion's will be appreciated
Thank you and remain blessed.

Yeah i notice it's a female thing mostly among the yorubas and igbos, I've tried reporting one of my neighbour before but all the advice i get is "mind your business".

3 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by cstr1000: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
A woman that is wicked, can be very wicked.
Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by ifyalways(f): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
OP any update? Have you reported via calling the number posted above?

7 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by anoda(m): 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
bro if you no get backup, pls stay away and call on the relevant authorities, I kno did sounds bad but its for the greater good
Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by LadySarah: 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
Samsimple:

shut up! until the day she dies then you'll be happy.I live with a 13 yr old and i treat him like my brother and that is what he is.
What is wrong with we women?

3 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by terrezo2002(m): 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
Samsimple:
It is good to fight for the cause of the helpless; defend the weak; speak for the oppressed. There is injustice in the land because people mind their business. Stand up for what is right.

5 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
Samsimple:

Asin ehn, my brother. Is there any married women that doesn't maltreat their househelp? Honestly I haven't seen one. The only diff is the level of maltreatment they give them can be more dangerous to each household.

Even my sis was maltreating her househelp. Me i just minded my business. Not my concern
Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
terrezo2002:

It is good to fight for the cause of the helpless; defend the weak; speak for the oppressed. There is injustice in the land because people mind their business. Stand up for what is right.

Stand up? How? Her parents sold their daughter into slavely of house help. You would only turn enemies if you try to intervene. Your reward is in Heaven, Thats if you make it to Heaven eventually.
Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
pcguru1:

Yeah i notice it's a female thing mostly among the yorubas and igbos, I've tried reporting one of my neighbour before but all the advice i get is "mind your business".

Exactly my brother. Exactly !!! Same reply i got.
Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by terrezo2002(m): 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
cruchenutii:

Stand up? How? Her parents sold their daughter into slavely of house help. You would only turn enemies if you try to intervene. Your reward is in Heaven, Thats if you make it to Heaven eventually.
Whether the parent is at fault or not is not the issue. The issue is that a human like you is being maltreated and needs help. If you have the power to help and you don't, you will also be guilty.
Together we can restore humanity again. We can rekindle our love for fellow humans again. God bless

1 Like

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by AskProf: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2017
terrezo2002:

Whether the parent is at fault or not is not the issue. The issue is that a human like you is being maltreated and needs help. If you have the power to help and you don't, you will also be guilty.
Together we can restore humanity again. We can rekindle our love for fellow humans again. God bless

2 Likes

Re: My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help by Tommfrench(m): 1:52am On Nov 09, 2017
have a chat with both parties in the most unsuspecting casual form.......before you goan be reporting ya report

(1) (Reply)

My Funny Experience Today Between A Guy And A Girl / Baby GRACIOUS Is Back In Nigeria After A Successfu Heart Surgery In France (pics / Welcome To The Motherhood ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.