Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

ASUU May Shut Down Varsities After Reviewing FG Agreement On NUPENCO - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU May Shut Down Varsities After Reviewing FG Agreement On NUPENCO (516 Views)

Omicron Outbreak: Governments May Shut Down Schools Soon / ASUU May Join NLC Strike / ASUU May Move To Resume Strike Action Tomorow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU May Shut Down Varsities After Reviewing FG Agreement On NUPENCO by Imowo: 7:46am On Nov 08, 2017
This post is about the ASUU Strike Looms Over NUPENCO as the Registration of the Nigerian University Pension Company NUPENCO was part of the agreement but the FG has not fulfilled it.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU may decide to shut down government-controlled universities after review its agreement with the Federal Government.
The union’s National Executive Council meets this week to review the implementation of the Memorandum of Action (MoA) the government signed with them in September.

The government had agreed with the Union on the MoA before the last industrial action was suspended that it will implement its agreed contents before the end of October.

Registration of the Nigerian University Pension Company NUPENCO was part of the agreement which the government promised would be taken care of two weeks after the suspension of the strike.

ASUU strike is one phenomenon very Nigerian students can relate. It is now considered an aspect of tertiary education in Nigeria.
However, the Federal Government has reportedly defaulted in honouring the agreement as it has not issued ...........

SEE THE FULL DETAILS AND READ MORE
HERE ;:;
https://eduandgist.com/blog/2017/11/08/ASUU-strike-looms-over-nupenco/
Re: ASUU May Shut Down Varsities After Reviewing FG Agreement On NUPENCO by RegalD(m): 7:59am On Nov 08, 2017
ASUU strike is a tradition in this country, but it is being observed for quite too long this year..i bet those gov officials do not have their children observing this tradition including some VCs and lecturers of these schools...Just when i'm about to resume school...
billions are being stolen and squandered all the time all at the expense of the masses they considered IRRELEVANT MANY... No matter how they strike i will still achieve my GOALS

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Releases Her First Batch Admission List - Find Your Course Mate / Kasu Admission List 2017/2018 Is Out / Is Water Wet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.