Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,843 members, 7,851,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:25 AM

Is It Right For Teachers To Punish Students By Asking Them To Sit On The Floor? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Right For Teachers To Punish Students By Asking Them To Sit On The Floor? (575 Views)

How Bandits’ Threat Forced Abuja Students To Sit For 13 Exams In A Day / ‘pupils Drug Teachers To Cheat During Exams’ / Police Storm Poly Ibadan To Punish Students Dressed Indecently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Teachers To Punish Students By Asking Them To Sit On The Floor? by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2017
Is it right for teachers to punish students by asking them to sit on the floor?

As a teacher,have you ever punished your students by forcing them to sit on the floor?What did they do to warrant such treatment?

I think it's wrong and totally unacceptable and I'd like to know what you think too.

Lalasticlala,what's your opinion on this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Teachers To Punish Students By Asking Them To Sit On The Floor? by eph12(m): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2017
Tahra:
Is it right for teachers to punish students by asking them to sit on the floor?

As a teacher,have you ever punished your students by forcing them to sit on the floor?What did they do to warrant such treatment?

I think it's wrong and totally unacceptable and I'd like to know what you think too.

Lalasticlala,what's your opinion on this?
What do you suggest?
Re: Is It Right For Teachers To Punish Students By Asking Them To Sit On The Floor? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
It's absolute rubbish. There was one crazy one that would ask students to come and LIE DOWN FLAT in front of the class, when I was in high school. I cannever take such rubbish from anyone.

I wonder what they're trying to prove. When I became a senior student, I realised that if you stand your ground and blatantly refuse to obey them and indulge their rubbish, there's nothing they can do about it.
Re: Is It Right For Teachers To Punish Students By Asking Them To Sit On The Floor? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
It's absolute rubbish. There was one crazy one that would ask students to come and LIE DOWN FLAT in front of the class, when I was in high school. I cannever take such rubbish from anyone.

I wonder what they're trying to prove. When I became a senior student, I realised that if you stand your ground and blatantly refuse to obey them and indulge their rubbish, there's nothing they can do about it.

I'll like to chip in a comment if you don't mind. When i was in High School, it was a norm to tell students to kneel down during the assembly hours. I discovered it was too much to punish about 1000 students at the same time when some could be innocent.

So here comes this day, the Senior Prefect came and said everyone on your knees, and national whatever it is we call them was on-going. Shioor, i refused to kneel, told two guys left and right to my side to join, they did for a sec but later joined.

Bro in 1,000 students i was the only one that stood out glaring in the midst of the whole students that refused to knee. The whole school was amazed by my defiance.

All eyes was on me teachers and students. After the assembly, one come see beating. But guess what, it ended random punishment forever in the school, especially during assemblies.

I'm used to defying authorities when they misbehave, it comes easy with me. I do it till today ! My rule now is, if you misbehave as a leader, watch out for my defiance ! No one pigeon-holes me, no one holds me in a box, psychologically or otherwise. I refuse to be caged by dogmas or systems. After God, it is me, i own my existence and determine what i do with it !

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For Teachers To Punish Students By Asking Them To Sit On The Floor? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
Jupxter:

I'll like to chip in a comment if you don't mind. When i was in High School, it was a norm to tell students to kneel down during the assembly hours. I discovered it was too much to punish about 1000 students at the same time when some could be innocent.

So here comes this day, the Senior Prefect came and said everyone on your knees, and national whatever it is we call them was on-going. Shioor, i refused to kneel, told two guys left and right to my side to join, they did for a sec but later joined.

Bro in 1,000 students i was the only one that stood out glaring in the midst of the whole students that refused to knee. The whole school was amazed by my defiance.

All eyes was on me teachers and students. After the assembly, one come see beating. But guess what, it ended random punishment forever in the school, especially during assemblies.

I'm used to defying authorities when they misbehave, it comes easy with me. I do it till today ! My rule now is, if you misbehave as a leader, watch out for my defiance ! No one pigeon-holes me, no one holds me in a box, psychologically or otherwise. I refuse to be caged by dogmas or systems. After God, it is me, i own my existence and determine what i do with it !
smiley

Re: Is It Right For Teachers To Punish Students By Asking Them To Sit On The Floor? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Best Essay Writer UK / Bad Essay Writing Service Experience From Other Writing Company / A project topic that needs your help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.